The Outer Worlds (PS4)

Cha1ky

Outstanding Member
Reaction score

The Outer Worlds

The Outer Worlds is a new single-player first-person sci-fi RPG from Obsidian Entertainment and Private Division. Lost in transit while on a colonist ship bound for the furthest edge of the galaxy, you awake decades later only to find yourself in the midst of a deep conspiracy threatening to destroy the Halcyon colony. As you explore the furthest reaches of space and encounter various factions, all vying for power, the character you decide to become will determine how this player-driven story unfolds. In the corporate equation for the colony, you are the unplanned variable.

A first look at Obsidian's new sci-fi RPG The Outer Worlds

Has there been a GamesCon recently? A lot of new game footage posted today.

This looks like Fallout and Bioshocks love child..

Has there been a GamesCon recently? A lot of new game footage posted today.

This looks like Fallout and Bioshocks love child..
The Game Awards were last night .

This is from Fallout and New Vegas devs.

The spaceship landing bit looks a bit NMS too. Definitely keep an eye on this.

At least we know how good Fallout will look with a new game engine.

At least we know how good Fallout will look with a new game engine.

Think this will be superb as MS will throw everything at this as this is their newly acquired studio. Prob going to be PC and X1 only though. But the PS guys can dream right :)

This will be the bar Fallout needs to reach I reckon. Whether Bethesda do that, is another matter.

Think this will be superb as MS will throw everything at this as this is their newly acquired studio. Prob going to be PC and X1 only though. But the PS guys can dream right :)

This will be the bar Fallout needs to reach I reckon. Whether Bethesda do that, is another matter.

I don't think this will be MS exclusive as it comes under Take Two. Rumours are that this and another game that has not been announced is what got MS to splash the cash but Outer World's won't be exclusive but the unannounced game will be.

I don't think this will be MS exclusive as it comes under Take Two. Rumours are that this and another game that has not been announced is what got MS to splash the cash but Outer World's won't be exclusive but the unannounced game will be.
Bonus then. :thumbsup:

You’re right, and Take Two have issued a statement to that effect.

Being pedantic, MS haven’t actually acquired Obsidian yet, they’ve announced “an intention to acquire”. Assuming the deal completes it will be the best, by far, of their recent acquisition spree. Not only does Obsidian bring some decent ip of their own but MS have a couple of rpg properties (Fable anyone?) that could benefit.

But I’m definitely interested in Outer Worlds

Approximately 37gb install on XBOX with 4k but no HDR support.

I hope i'm wrong as I'm a big Fallout fan but this looks a bit average to me...

Then again even if it just proves to be Fallout 4 ripoff in space that'd probably be good enough for me! (once it hits a tenner!!) :D

I hope i'm wrong as I'm a big Fallout fan but this looks a bit average to me...

Then again even if it just proves to be Fallout 4 ripoff in space that'd probably be good enough for me! (once it hits a tenner!!) :D
I didn't like how lifeless the towns looked from the early gameplay videos, the npcs stood in the same spot waiting for you to approach them. That was early footage though and a lot could change.

Happily it has been added to the XBOX Gamepass. :)

Happily it has been added to the XBOX Gamepass. :)

Oh and that's the other thing that sparks alarm bells for me... though it is some sort of M$ game isn't it, have Obsidian been acquired by M$ or something?

Oh and that's the other thing that sparks alarm bells for me... though it is some sort of M$ game isn't it, have Obsidian been acquired by M$ or something?

Yes, MS have aquired a number of studios, namely Obsidian (Outer Worlds), Inxile Entertainment (Wasteland 3) (Bards Tale IV) and Double Fine Games (Psychonauts 2) At the time of their aquisitions they had these pre-existing commitments to Sony. Microsoft can't do anything about these existing agreements. It seems like a very strange strategy from MS.

Last edited:
I'm tempted...I know some criticisms were leveled at the amount of seemingly empty places and lack of the free roam of F:NV, however I'm still edging towards it. When will the reviews be out? Its released next week isn't it?

Yeah I am keeping an eye on this as well.

Won't buy on release though, will wait and see what the reviews are like... plenty of games to keep me going so probs a cheap pickup for me.

I was watching a video that gave some initial details about this game and it now appears to me that it's probably going to play more like Bioshock, albeit with greater RPG elements of a Fallout sort. But certainly less Fallout in space than i was picturing.

I guess we'll see in a week...

Review embargo lifted on 22nd October at 6am PST.

Looks great. Was going to pre order and then I discovered it's appearing on game pass. Win win.

Looks great. Was going to pre order and then I discovered it's appearing on game pass. Win win.

Plus the xbox version is getting X enhancements, whilst the PS4 version isn't getting any enhancements at all not even for the Pro.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom