1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Outer Limits (60's) The Second Series Box Set.

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Garrett, Aug 9, 2003.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,362
    I was looking yesterday for the new series for a friend and in the process I found that the original second series of OL is now out.
    I know when the first box set came out there were a number of us that got it.
    This time there is only 3 disc rather than 4. I did not think the second series was a good as the first but had some classics such as Demon With a Glass Hand.
    I think the got the idea for the Terminator, from two of the stories, which were Demon With a Glass Hand and Soldier (which even the start is very reminiscent of the future scene from T1 and T2) they were both wrote by Harlan Ellison.

2. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,362
    Just got the box set this morning from DVD Soon ( which cost about £25) I have just had a quick look and the picture quality is brilliant to say it was shoot in the sixties, the contrast is spot on everything seem so crisp.
    They unfortunately are still using flippers. And have put 4 episodes on one side and two on the other for the first 2 disc and for the third 4 on one side and just one on the other. This regrettably results in the only two part episode The Inheritors being on opposite sides of the disc. It would have been much better to have 3 per side and 2 on the very last side.
    The disc comes in the same type of box as season 1, albeit silver wrap instead of deep blue. This season only runs for 17 episodes but only just runs about £1.50 per episode or £25 for 14 hours 30 minutes which aren’t bad at all.
    The series is not as good as the first as producer Joseph Stefano left because the series was being moved from its popular Monday night slot to Saturday to compete with rivals The Jackie Gleeson Show, sadly with the chances and going against an extremely popular show the ratings suffered and the plug was pulled half way into the second season.

The were also a change in composers Dominic Frontier who music for series one described as “The greatest science fiction music created ever for television” was replaced by Harry Lubin.
    Some of Dominic’s music for the first season was so good ABC decided to use some of it in The Invaders.
    I do not know if to watch them in order or just jump in and watch the brilliant Demon With a Glass Hand straight of.:smoke:

3. the_pauley

the_pauley
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +198
    Garrett - I think it was you who PM'd me ages ago about a fault on Disc 3 of this set.

As you know I had trouble with mine too. Thought I'd let you know that I finally got round to returning the disc to MGM in the USA and the replacement arrived today (about 3 weeks to the day I sent it off. Well done MGM :smashin: ).

Pleased to say the replacement shows no problems. Looks like the initial batch may have been faulty.