The other TAG forum

I Noticed Gordon but was wondering who ITG are ?

Didn't notice the thread but "what were they refering to anyway" can you expand without getting yourself or AVF in hot water ???

I think it best not to go there. Lets find out the other forum that the poster was refering to and let them take the flack.....For those who saw the one on the TAG Forum I was surprised it lasted as long as it did......

G

If your right about ITG you may like a look at Quad Address:

Quad Electroacoustics Ltd
IAG House
Sovereign Court
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE29 6XU
England

Perhaps you meant IAG but it would not take much to change a IAG house sign to TAG house:D

I am also suprised about it lasting soo long on the Tag site perhaps The Beekeeper will make me eat my words:D

Yeah I also saw it - I guess the fact they pulled it kinda confirms it ...

Hi CJ so are you now going to sell me your AV32R cheap:laugh:

Sorry mate - already sold it :) Still keeping my DP of course .

Originally posted by cj
Yeah I also saw it - I guess the fact they pulled it kinda confirms it ...

I wouldn't say that at all. Whether the rumour is true or not, no company would countenance speculation over its future on its own website.

Let's face it, no-one will know anything for sure until an announcement is (or isn't) made, so all the speculation is largely pointless.

We'll just have to wait and see, and no matter what happens the TAG kit still produces superb quality AV.

Still keeping my DP of course . [/B]

Yep. And I'll be keeping my AV32 DP, DVD32R, 250x3, 100x5, T32R and Aphrodite, hopefully for many years. Just hope they keep serving me that way they have in the past. I keep counting the hours at work just to come home and enjoy my system. I don't think of changing anything in the near future. I just would like to have HDMI 2.º generation on my DP.

Whatever they decide they should finally do it!
I still believe it is not easy to sell such a company where you can get no rights to the name and where such a negative image is created recently. Same with removing this thread without comment after many people saw it.
Let's hope there will be some solution soon.

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
I guess they would have rights to Audiolab if they bought TMA? Dunno, just speculation.

Yep but definitely not the Tag McLaren one :suicide:

I'm just waiting for someone to say "who would want the Tag Mclaren Name anyway":boring:

Trust you Gordon :rotfl:

oh and the date is irrelevant.... its not a wind up.

It is true, the two former TMA employees we have here have known for a while now. They also seem to know the division of assets but aren't saying yet.

Originally posted by Tons of fun
It is true, the two former TMA employees we have here have known for a while now. They also seem to know the division of assets but aren't saying yet.

It has been one of the worst kept secrets around except that I was told that the announcement date was going to be a month ago.

I'm not quite sure what assets are being divided as the stock and Work In Progress will be at very low levels, the goodwill is virtually non existant and the intellectual property rights can't be worth that much. They won't be allowed to use the TAG name for long and the Audiolab name can't be worth that much otherwise it wouldn't have been shelved.

If the new owners will be taking on warranty work they will probably get the rest of the "assets" chucked in FOC

Originally posted by Ian J
intellectual property rights can't be worth that much. They won't be allowed to use the TAG name for long and the Audiolab name can't be worth that much otherwise it wouldn't have been shelved.

True- but the actual manufacturing facility is- at least it was to another British manufacturer ;).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom