The other TAG forum

AMCross

I Noticed Gordon but was wondering who ITG are ?

Mr THX

Didn't notice the thread but "what were they refering to anyway" can you expand without getting yourself or AVF in hot water ???

AMCross

If your right about ITG you may like a look at Quad Address:

Quad Electroacoustics Ltd
IAG House
Sovereign Court
Huntingdon
Cambridgeshire
PE29 6XU
England

Perhaps you meant IAG but it would not take much to change a IAG house sign to TAG house:D

AMCross

I am also suprised about it lasting soo long on the Tag site perhaps The Beekeeper will make me eat my words:D

cj

Yeah I also saw it - I guess the fact they pulled it kinda confirms it ...

AMCross

Hi CJ so are you now going to sell me your AV32R cheap:laugh:

lovegroova

Originally posted by cj
Yeah I also saw it - I guess the fact they pulled it kinda confirms it ...
I wouldn't say that at all. Whether the rumour is true or not, no company would countenance speculation over its future on its own website.

Let's face it, no-one will know anything for sure until an announcement is (or isn't) made, so all the speculation is largely pointless.

We'll just have to wait and see, and no matter what happens the TAG kit still produces superb quality AV.

mlinhares

Standard Member
Still keeping my DP of course . [/B]
Yep. And I'll be keeping my AV32 DP, DVD32R, 250x3, 100x5, T32R and Aphrodite, hopefully for many years. Just hope they keep serving me that way they have in the past. I keep counting the hours at work just to come home and enjoy my system. I don't think of changing anything in the near future. I just would like to have HDMI 2.º generation on my DP.

Plump

Standard Member
Whatever they decide they should finally do it!
I still believe it is not easy to sell such a company where you can get no rights to the name and where such a negative image is created recently. Same with removing this thread without comment after many people saw it.
Let's hope there will be some solution soon.

X3ELS

Originally posted by Stereo Steve
I guess they would have rights to Audiolab if they bought TMA? Dunno, just speculation.
Yep but definitely not the Tag McLaren one :suicide:

AMCross

I'm just waiting for someone to say "who would want the Tag Mclaren Name anyway":boring:

AMCross

Trust you Gordon :rotfl:

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
It is true, the two former TMA employees we have here have known for a while now. They also seem to know the division of assets but aren't saying yet.

Ian J

Banned
Originally posted by Tons of fun
It is true, the two former TMA employees we have here have known for a while now. They also seem to know the division of assets but aren't saying yet.
It has been one of the worst kept secrets around except that I was told that the announcement date was going to be a month ago.

I'm not quite sure what assets are being divided as the stock and Work In Progress will be at very low levels, the goodwill is virtually non existant and the intellectual property rights can't be worth that much. They won't be allowed to use the TAG name for long and the Audiolab name can't be worth that much otherwise it wouldn't have been shelved.

If the new owners will be taking on warranty work they will probably get the rest of the "assets" chucked in FOC

Ed Selley

AVF Reviewer
Originally posted by Ian J
intellectual property rights can't be worth that much. They won't be allowed to use the TAG name for long and the Audiolab name can't be worth that much otherwise it wouldn't have been shelved.
True- but the actual manufacturing facility is- at least it was to another British manufacturer ;).

Stereo Steve

Novice Member
I wonder if they will continue to support Tag products. You would have thought that the best way forward would be to rebrand the current tag line up as Audiolab and carry on as normal.

I doubt they'll place the same emphasis on upgrades though but it doesn't change the fact that they have bought the rights to some fantastic pieces of equipment. I reckon you could still sell the original AV32R now for a grand if they put it back in production.

What effect will this have on used Tag residuals?

lovegroova

Here's the press release mentioned by Gordon...

IAG ACQUIRES TAG McLAREN AUDIO BUSINESS

International Audio Group (IAG) and TAG McLaren Audio are pleased to announce that IAG has with immediate effect acquired the business of TAG McLaren Audio. From its inception in 1998 TAG McLaren Audio has dedicated itself to producing the finest audio visual equipment available. The standard and quality of its products have been demonstrated by the numerous awards of excellence and countless exceptional product reviews that it has received.

IAG operates a number of internationally recognised audio brands including Quad, Wharfedale and Wharfedale Pro.

IAG will take over responsibility for the sale of existing TAG McLaren Audio products and has acquired the right to utilise the TAG McLaren Audio technology and designs in its product range. Responsibility for TAG McLaren Audio customer warranties, as well as sales service and repairs of TAG McLaren Audio and Audiolab products, will also transfer to IAG.

We would request that TAG McLaren Audio customers are patient whilst the TAG McLaren Audio website is temporarily removed and the staff and equipment of TAG McLaren Audio are re-located to IAG’s premises, sharing the same offices as Quad’s world renowned service centre.

The new contact details for Helpdesk and Service are:
(Important note for the UK: a service number must be allocated to your product prior to sending. Please contact the Helpdesk below to have a service number issued.)

Telephone: 0845 4580011 or +44 1480 447700
Fax: 01480 431767
Email: [email protected]

Dealers: for sales, upgrades, service and warranty enquiries then please telephone the number above.

Further information about IAG brands; Quad, Wharfedale and Wharfedale Pro can be found at:

www.quad-hifi.co.uk www.wharfedale.co.uk www.wharfedalepro.com

Quad is the current holder of What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision’s prestigious `Loudspeaker of the Year’ award; Stereophile’s `Product of the Year’ for the ESL-989 electrostatic loudspeaker; and its smaller brother – the ESL-988 – is a multiple `Golden Ear’ award winner in The Absolute Sound.

A sad day indeed :( but at least it means I won't be able to waste even more money on TMREQ and other upgrades.

sijones

Lovegroova,

I am sure you will still be able to buy upgrades for your TAG McLaren equipment from the new company. IAG must have paid a large sum of money for the TMA products and with such a large investment they will certainly be looking at moving forward with the existing product range.

I have been informed that some of the technical staff that left TMA last year, after being made redundant, found jobs at IAG. Bearing this in mind and the fact that there will be existing TMA staff moving over to IAG, there will be plenty of people at the new owners that will be familiar with the TMA products.

Regards,

Steve Jones

lovegroova

Originally posted by sijones
Lovegroova,

I am sure you will still be able to buy upgrades for your TAG McLaren equipment from the new company.
Nooo, not what I wanted to hear...mustn't...spend...more...money :D