The original Karate Kid due a release soon!

Craigy

Distinguished Member
:thumbsup:

Confirmed by Ralph Macchio on his twitter, he is also doing a new commentary on this.

Craigy

Distinguished Member
This thread was so popular so just thought I would let everyone of you excitable bunch that playusa have dispatched my parts 1 and 2 box set :thumbsup:

mentasm

Distinguished Member
19th of July for both in the UK.

mentasm

Distinguished Member
region free do we know?
The vast majority of Sony catalogue titles are. Put it this way, I'd put money on them being coded for all regions.

Ouuuuuuuuuuu Karate!!

Learn from Book :)

I want this, this is likely to be cheap after awhile as well.

Karate+kid.jpg

mudstuff

Want this too but it's a shame they haven't released all 3 as a collection. Had the KK trilogy on dvd but sold a while back when clearing out 90% of my collection.

EDIT: @ Craigy - I thought these weren't out until 11/5 in the states?

Last edited:

Craigy

Distinguished Member
Want this too but it's a shame they haven't released all 3 as a collection. Had the KK trilogy on dvd but sold a while back when clearing out 90% of my collection.

EDIT: @ Craigy - I thought these weren't out until 11/5 in the states?

Yep, I was surprised when I got the email too.

bosque

Distinguished Member
Good to see very decent transfers for catalogue titles, hope that blu-pop gimmick doesn't spread to other discs, though !

inzaman

I am so glad the transfer looks good, i will have to order this now; one of my favourites from the 80's. I have the DVD steelbook trilogoy so will just replace my DVD with the BD and keep the steelbook as it looks good :cool:

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
The Beaver's review is a bit muted:

"The Karate Kid doesn't excel dramatically in terms of detail on the new Blu-ray. I recall discussing how there were some frequently weak film stocks utilized in the mid-80's and this would be a reasonable conclusion in assessing the image quality. It looks fairly good but never stellar. The transfer itself can't be blamed as it's dual-layered with the feature taking up almost 40 Gig of disc space. I don't see the waxiness of DNR - things just look very flat. Colors seem brighter and truer than the previously released SD could relate although it can tend to look blocky at times. In general, Blu-ray expectations-wise this would be considered fairly tame visually but as a representation of the original - I doubt much more could be done."

The Karate Kid Blu-ray - Ralph Macchio

Barthez

I'd be interested to know how much French crap is on cover art of the play £16.99 bargain before i pull the trigger?

Love these films but no number 3?....come on sony!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

iFi Audio launches NEO Stream music streamer with DAC
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Musical Fidelity launches M6x 250.7 multi-channel power amplifier
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Is Google set to rival Dolby Vision and Atmos?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
'Tizen TV by Samsung' brands coming to UK?
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Denon announces five new 8K AV receivers
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom