• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Orb Dark Side Of The Moon Remix.

stasis

Established Member
Hi, I heard a remix of "Dark side of the moon" by the Orb. I thought it was the best thing I have heard in ages. Trouble is I can not seem to find it to buy.
The disc was about 60 minutes in length and it ran as only one track listing.
Anyone with any info where I can get this?
regards stasis.

stasis

Established Member
Hi, Thanks for the reply. Seems to be download only, I was looking to buy a
CD copy of the music. Can this be downloaded at full quality?
Shame it is not on cd, if I have no other choices I will use your link.:cool:
regards stasis

This sounds very interesting... I wonder if it sychronises to Wizard Of Oz?

Looks like The Orb have actually remixed most of the Pink Floyd albums.

unique

there were a load of bootlegs released about 12 years ago of remixes of all the pink floyd albums, DSOTM was one of the first, and there was mention of them being remixed by the orb who were popular at the time, but one listen tells you they have nothing to do with them, and they are just what would be called "fan made" or "dj made" by someone at home with a pc. the ones i heard were so bad i couldn't listen to them more than once as they were so boring, just parts of the tracks looped very repetitively

there were a few other remix albums like it by other bands from the same person(s) who did them, and there was also a "remix" album of the KLF's chillout album, but apart from a sample of one track i never got the full album, i only saw it once at the barras market in glasgow, but it was an overpriced cdr

the DSOTM remix was closer to an hour from what i remember, it certainly won't synch to oz. it was more of a techno/trance thing with bits of DSOTM looped

dazza1011

Prominent Member
there were a load of bootlegs released about 12 years ago of remixes of all the pink floyd albums, DSOTM was one of the first, and there was mention of them being remixed by the orb who were popular at the time, but one listen tells you they have nothing to do with them, and they are just what would be called "fan made" or "dj made" by someone at home with a pc. the ones i heard were so bad i couldn't listen to them more than once as they were so boring, just parts of the tracks looped very repetitively

there were a few other remix albums like it by other bands from the same person(s) who did them, and there was also a "remix" album of the KLF's chillout album, but apart from a sample of one track i never got the full album, i only saw it once at the barras market in glasgow, but it was an overpriced cdr

the DSOTM remix was closer to an hour from what i remember, it certainly won't synch to oz. it was more of a techno/trance thing with bits of DSOTM looped

yes these are IMO very badly made fan made trance remixes when The Orb remix a track they basically rip everything out bar little snippets and rebuild them if it is the same one i heard it was bloody awful but as these are not official releases then have a look at some torrent sites get it for free and burn it to a CD

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom