• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Open 2012

richp007

Distinguished Member
It's a travesty we don't have a thread for this already.

Tis early days, but my bets are looking good :D

Greg Hook

Moderator & Reviewer
Why, did you bet it was going to rain? Or that Tiger would not make the cut? :)

Shanksy7

Established Member
richp007 said:
It's a travesty we don't have a thread for this already.

Tis early days, but my bets are looking good :D

Well I'm the opposite, my bets are looking terrible! Done Harrington, Mickelson, Furyk and as a long shot Lucas Glover. Done them each way

deantown

Distinguished Member
I hope McDowell or Johnson wins for you. I don't really want Scott to win, mainly because he uses a dodgy Putter ( that I believe the R&A are going to ban). Hope your bet wins anyway.

kopchoir

Banned
Ernie Els sensational weekend

kopchoir

Banned
Well played Ernie sensational

Shanksy7

Established Member
What an end to The Open. Unbelievable that Scott threw that lead away. But steady golf from Ernie seen him finish well, congrats to Ernie Els

[email protected]

Prominent Member
Great display on the back nine from Ernie.

Scott really crumbled, I blame Williams, he should never have let him hit 3 wood at the last, driver or iron all day long.

richp007

Distinguished Member
I had to record the end of the golf, but I'm in shock. Even when Scott bogeyed 15 and 16, I still had him down for winning it. Unforegivable to throw that away. He's no amateur either, having won tournaments before from the front. I hope he bounces back, but that type of thing can severely damage your confidence for the future.

Hat off to big Ern tho, he played a blinder of a final round. To be brutally honest tho, some of the golf on show today was no better than club level. The conditions were not that bad, and some of these pro players who play week in and out, should hang their heads in shame with some of their shot making. Especially on the greens. The putting today was for the majority a shambles.

And finally, I can't believe I didn't get the winner with my bets!! :laugh:

kopchoir

Banned
I had to record the end of the golf, but I'm in shock. Even when Scott bogeyed 15 and 16, I still had him down for winning it. Unforegivable to throw that away. He's no amateur either, having won tournaments before from the front. I hope he bounces back, but that type of thing can severely damage your confidence for the future.

Hat off to big Ern tho, he played a blinder of a final round. To be brutally honest tho, some of the golf on show today was no better than club level. The conditions were not that bad, and some of these pro players who play week in and out, should hang their heads in shame with some of their shot making. Especially on the greens. The putting today was for the majority a shambles.

And finally, I can't believe I didn't get the winner with my bets!! :laugh:

I felt that made it better, them all playing garbage,was fun watching them play like amateurs

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom