The ongoing agony of mounting a Samsung TV to the wall (need any help I can get)

Punisa

Novice Member
Never have I thought that mounting a TV on the wall would became such an agony, but it did.
I have a pretty standard HAMA wall bracket on which several of my previous TVs have been mounted (the latest one being a Philips).
A week ago I got a Samsung 55 inch Q65T (long model name: QE55Q65TAUXXH). Got it only with remote and leg stands, but I thought that wall mounting won't be a problem, until I checked it's back. Where are the screw holes? Non existent, just "holes". Ok, I did some research and found out that you actually need "TV wall mount adapters" (these). Ok, called the local Samsung service for replaceable parts, waited a few days and went to pick them up. Got home, but they don't fit (on the phone they told me that the size is standard for all current models). I mean, are they supposed to "fit"? I'm puzzled. I watched a couple of YouTube "how to mount a Saumsung TV" tutorials and you can clearly see that these "wall adapters" go right in the back holes and from there you can proceed with putting screws in.

I called the local Samsung sales representative to complain that my plastic "tubes" (wall adapters) don't fit into the back of my TV, they are too large (holes are too small). Well, they tell me that "they are not supposed to be inserted" at all (?), only used as a "distancer" when putting the screws in (which I must get myself, somewhere, btw). I'm still clueless at this point. How are they supposed to "not be inserted" in the holes in the back of the TV when I clearly see them being inserted in the video I mentioned (and there are more of those video tutorials too). Nevertheless, they are convincing me over the phone that that is not the case and that I'm "mistaken". Ok, so I suggest to mail them the same video link I showed you here. So I did, and afterwards they did not reply me back. I called, no answer, only an hour later I finally reached them to tell me that a person I spoke for quite some minutes over the phone is unfortunately "unavailable".

But my problem persists. I have the TV on the floor, a wall bracket already mounted, and 4 plastic "wall adapters" (that cost me around 15 bucks) that I have no clue what to do with. Any help would be appreciated at this point. If it would help I can take some photos of the "situation" later on. I need to fix this situation or my wife will divorce me (just kidding - or am I? lol).

Sorry for the long post guys, but you're my only hope :(

Jay53

The TV in your video is a 2019 R series and has a curved back. The spacers do slide in and give a uniform distance so that the bars being attached lie flat.

However is the 2020 T series like that at the back?

I only say that because I used to own a older Samsung which I wall mounted. It had a different curve to the back, however the generic wall kit I used had various spacers included that you combined together to get the same level i.e. they did not go into the holes like those spacers do

From what I remember the r and t series use a different Samsung zero space wall bracket suggesting they don't share the same back plate so if the inserts you bought are for the r series then that may explain why they don't fit into the holes on your t series?

Looked up the WMN-M15EA/XU Samsung no gap wall mount and it only compatible with selected 43”-65” QLED TVs: 2020 Q95T/The Frame, 2019 Q950R/Q90R/Q85R/The Frame indicating that the rest of the 2019/2020 range that don't have a one connect box have different mountings. It maybe that the spacers you have are for the TVs above?

Last edited:

Punisa

Novice Member
The TV in your video is a 2019 R series and has a curved back. The spacers do slide in and give a uniform distance so that the bars being attached lie flat.

However is the 2020 T series like that at the back?

Thanks for your comment! I'll attach some images that will show the exact situation.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 170

Jay53

Looking at that back as the top two have a bevel I dont believe it needs the inserts to make the 4 holes all the same depth.so that the brackets are parallel (top to bottom) to the front of the TV. That's all the inserts do as the bolts slide right through them to the threads at the bottom of the holes in back of the TV.

You should be able to bolt the bars on directly using the right sized bolts. If you want the TV slightly further from the bars there are normally varying depth spacers in the TV mount kit to do so.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony A90J Thoughts, madVR Processor & Sonus faber Lumina II Reviews + Movie & TV roundup
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom