The oldest verified person ever to live on this planet up to this year 2021

Ian Thompson

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I heard on Sky News a few days ago about the oldest man still alive in the UK who is 109 and even though he’s now living in a nursing his memory is supperb. I then tried to find who the oldest lady still living and alive in the UK and there was a lady still alive aged 112 living in the UK. Then i thought I’ll try and find out who has been the oldest ever living verified person to have lived up to the present time. And hopefully this link I found will work. But this information is also available on other websites. Very interesting what I found!

Last edited:
Without checking the link, wasn’t there a claim from Japan? One hundred forty something? But i think there was an issue around their birth certificate?

Without checking the link, wasn’t there a claim from Japan? One hundred forty something? But i think there was an issue around their birth certificate?

I remember stories from the Caucasus that claim to be similar ages.
Difficult to prove though due to the lack of recordings of birth in the area.

Shirali Mislimov

MOSCOW, Sept. 2 (UPI)—Shirali Mislimov, a craggy‐faced bearded Caucasian peasant reputed to be the world's oldest person, died today in his mountain village of Barzavu. His age was listed at 168 by Tass, the Soviet press agency. He is survived by his 107‐year‐old third wife, Hartun, and 219 other family members.3 Sept 1973

Unless there's cast iron proof of DOB, I'd be very suspicious of any claims over 120.

A thing that I have noticed about the oldest people that I have known is how lazy & selfish they have all been, many have also been smokers & drinkers.

I heard on Sky News a few days ago about the oldest man still alive in the UK who is 109 and even though he’s now living in a nursing his memory is supperb. I then tried to find who the oldest lady still living and alive in the UK and there was a lady still alive aged 112 living in the UK. Then i thought I’ll try and find out who has been the oldest ever living verified person to have lived up to the present time. And hopefully this link I found will work. But this information is also available on other websites. Very interesting what I found!
A lady who use to live down the road to me was 109 in March this year. She's in a care home now but is still fully compos mentis and enjoys doing crosswords and sudoku as well as playing the piano.

A lady who use to live down the road to me was 109 in March this year. She's in a care home now but is still fully compos mentis and enjoys doing crosswords and sudoku as well as playing the piano.
This lady?

ijq2Eg3.jpeg

Hope I don’t live until 109. Cannot imagine life is much fun unless you’re in tip top health.

If there is anyone who hasnt checked what the age of the oldest verified person ever who lived to a to an extremely old age. She lived until the age of 122 years old. There have been claims of older senior citizens living to a much older age, but i wouldn't know if there age was verified.

I would hate to think I've got another 90 years left (if I lived to 122).
I hear this a lot and really don't get it. personally. I want to live long enough to get my telegram from the Queen (well be a king by then). I want to be a super centanarian. I want to be the oldest man who ever lived. I want to beat that French woman and be the oldest person who ever lived! I think being alive is always preferable to being dead.

I hear this a lot and really don't get it. personally. I want to live long enough to get my telegram from the Queen (well be a king by then). I want to be a super centanarian. I want to be the oldest man who ever lived. I want to beat that French woman and be the oldest person who ever lived! I think being alive is always preferable to being dead.
Yeah, but it’s no quality of life.

Each to their own. I think life is long enough already without making it to 122, but that's just me.

On a separate note, it's strange to think she was only halfway through her life when she was 61.

Jeanne Calment 1875-1997 - 122yrs old.

To think she was my age in 1910, and I feel rough most days already :eek::eek:

Married a wealthy man at 21 and never worked a day in her life. Smoked until she was 117 and ate up to a kilo of chocolate each week. Safe to say she won the game of life :rotfl:

Last edited:

Married a wealthy man at 21 and never worked a day in her life. Smoked until she was 117 and ate up to a kilo of chocolate each week. Safe to say she won the game of life :rotfl:
Lucky for some. :D I wonder what made her quit smoking at that age?

A thing that I have noticed about the oldest people that I have known is how lazy & selfish they have all been, many have also been smokers & drinkers.

maybe that's the secret to living a long life? :)

She lived in the same town as Van Gogh and claimed to have met him as a young girl.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom