The Official PK790 Plasma Thread

heres my 60 inch pk750
still loving it, i think ill keep it until perhaps glasses free 3d becomes good and available at 60 inches at least
SAM_5418.jpg

SAM_5419.jpg

The tv stand looks really nice,
Currently looking for one as well,
Did want to wall mount it but after taking off my old wall mount I ended up damaging the wall and bending the wall mount,
Was thinking of getting the tv stand which has a wall mount connected to it...

By the way what light sensor are you using behind the tv...

Do you mean LEDs behind the tv?

If yes they're colour changing strips from ikea. Either set them going through the colours or set it to 1 colour.

It's quiet in here, everyone still happy with their pk790's? Or have you upgraded to this years models :)

Couldn't be happier, puts a smile on my face every time I watch something.

im still very happy with mine, and still think one of the best looking tvs still with the glass edge to edge. i would like a 70" next thou this 60" is looking small to me now

Hi all I have a 50pk760 and a having trouble when running this TV with my new Yamaha rx-v667 AV receiver.
My set up is 50pk760 with Yamaha rx-v667 plugged into amp are: HTPC, PS3 and virgin box via HDMI.
My problems are with display and audio sync. When I boot the PC I can't display the bios screen no display till I reach windows, if I connect a HDMI or VGA directly from PC to TV (bypass amp) I can see bios post screen and enter bios keeping display but somehow just get no signal when running through the amp.
My old 50ps3000 and my LG32xxx LED both display bios post screen when connected via amp with HDMI. Seems specific prob to this model.
Second issue-major one-Audio sync. Both the PC and PS3 are used for 1080P playback both connected as follows:
device > (hdmi cable) > Amp > (hdmi cable) > TV
When watching content at 24p Lip sync fluctuates between slightly off and a few seconds off. Using PC is display rate is set to 60HZ lip sync is fine but causes motion juddering as source is 24fps.
Have tested audio on 2 other TVs and Lip sync was fine at 24 or 60fps suggests TV problem not amp.
The problem is specific to HDMI, with PC and PS3 is I connect audio to amp with SPIDIF and video to amp with HDMI solves the lip sync issue. Only problem then is can't get HD audio over SPIDIF.
Anyone got any suggestions?
I have tried new HDMI cables, new speaker wire, setting auto Lip Sync of amp on/off, manual setting sync no joy.

Here's my 60" still doing me proud

I am tempted by one of those mega tiny bezel Samsungs however. But no rush.....unless they do a white version that is.

Attachments

• image-1868275625.jpg
    image-1868275625.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 98
  • image-1715747752.jpg
    image-1715747752.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image-2670701544.jpg
    image-2670701544.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 95
  • image-1157617616.jpg
    image-1157617616.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 97
  • image-3029640967.jpg
    image-3029640967.jpg
    285.2 KB · Views: 97
  • image-2126376996.jpg
    image-2126376996.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 87
  • image-698621378.jpg
    image-698621378.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 105
Just an update on the old beast.

I've only just began using the USB features.

Plugged in a 500gb USB powered hard drive, loaded with films, and it's great.

Some of the 8-12gb files look stunning.

Just wish it would pass the Dolby digital out

HD movies look great, just bought back to the future trilogy, Bourne trilogy and matrix trilogy on blu-ray cost £36.47 in total from amazon,
That be a good film fest when there arrive...
Still looking to buy a blu-ray player for the Samsung and lg and stop using the ps3

Yes I need to invest in a dedicated bluray player too.

I've got the 60" and I'm tempted to get one of the new samsung LEDs coz I love the tiny bezel. But it needs to be bigger than my 60 to even think about it

Seen any good for value blu-ray players???
Not sure if it be worth buying a 3d one or not

Well if your tempted to buy a 3d tv at some point soon you aswell.
If your planning on keeping this tv for a while prob pointless goin 3d blueray.

Anyone able to get into the service menu?

I've read you can activate the 5.1 pass through from the optical

Well my beloved 60" pk790 is due to be replaced this Saturday.

No reason for it other than I wanted one without so much black border/details on it.

Anyone considering this plasma I can recommend it and would buy it again.

I've been very happy with the picture quality and everyone still walks in the room who have never seen it before and goes wow nice tv.

Any idea on a good asking price for it?

It's been replaced by the new samsung curved 65" h8000.

Sorry for resurrecting a long dormant thread, but thought fitting for an update for those still with the PK790 from LG.

My original nealgs account doesn't seem to of been migrated over (not been on here for a long, long time - mostly due to change in home theatre needs really, all sold over the past few years due to house moves and stuff).

We still have the PK790 :) , but, after just over 7yrs of ownership (purchased November 2010) , we have our first fault - green vertical stripe just right of center appx 1 or 2 pixels wide. Not currently causing a viewing issue at the moment as it seems to blend in unless pure single light colour in that area.

Anyone had similar issues with there PKx90 model and what did you end up doing. If getting a replacement now, what would you be looking at - has been a great screen and has been hammered with regards to hours used (anyway of finding this out at all? Engineers menu option access or something similar)

many thanks
Gary

Sorry for resurrecting a long dormant thread, but thought fitting for an update for those still with the PK790 from LG.

My original nealgs account doesn't seem to of been migrated over (not been on here for a long, long time - mostly due to change in home theatre needs really, all sold over the past few years due to house moves and stuff).

We still have the PK790 :) , but, after just over 7yrs of ownership (purchased November 2010) , we have our first fault - green vertical stripe just right of center appx 1 or 2 pixels wide. Not currently causing a viewing issue at the moment as it seems to blend in unless pure single light colour in that area.

Anyone had similar issues with there PKx90 model and what did you end up doing. If getting a replacement now, what would you be looking at - has been a great screen and has been hammered with regards to hours used (anyway of finding this out at all? Engineers menu option access or something similar)

many thanks
Gary

Hi Gary, I have the LG PK590 and my set has also developed that green pixel line donw the middle -
emoji33.png

But it seems there is a way to fix the telly. You need to take the back off and clean some connectors. Will have a go myself when I get a chance.

Heres the link ... I Have An Lg Plasma It Has A Green Line Down The Center What... | DIY Forums

I've not had a chance to have a go yet - but good luck if you try

Dilip

My just over 7 year old set developed the same green line about a month ago just off the right side.

I took it as an opportunity to upgrade to an oled. Got the lg b755 couldn’t be happier.

well - nearly 2 years after that last post, the LG is still going strong - the vertical lines come and go as they please, with up to 8 or so 1 or 2 pixel wide lines appearing at random, but again they don't/aren't detracting from the viewing pleasure.

Anyone else still using their PKx90 plasma after all this time? :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom