The Official LG PZ850T 3D Pentouch Plasma TV Thread

Member 300569

Prominent Member
Reaction score
PZ850T Pentouch 3D Plasma TV
Pentouch.jpg

The PZ850T plasma TV turns into an interactive screen while letting viewers control content directly on the screen using revolutionary Touch Pens. With its fully interactive applications the PZ850T will bring a new dimension to home entertainment and education.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/3JnI_kapRdY" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="560"></iframe>

PZ850T &#8211; available in 50&#8221; / 60&#8221; screen sizes
&#8226; Pentouch TV
&#8226; Sketch book, Photo editor, Family diary
&#8226; Gallery, Internet, My office
&#8226; 3D TV (1 pair of active shutter 3D Glasses included)
&#8226; THX 3D certification
&#8226; 3D XD Engine
- 2D to 3D Conversion
&#8226; Wide 3D Viewing Angle
&#8226; 3D View Point
&#8226; Stylish Design with Razor Frame
&#8226; Smart energy saving plus/Intelligent sensor
&#8226; Protective skin glass
&#8226; USB 2.0 (DivX HD, MP3, Jpeg)
&#8226; 3 x HDMI
&#8226; 2 x interactive pens

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fGyz3Dhgzdw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="345" width="420"></iframe>

Last edited:
Any info on price range?
Nothing concrete to report just yet but the 60" will most likely be around [-]£2,000[/-]

edit: our official US press release is stating $2,100 so the UK price won't be too far away from that.

Last edited:
Will the pen be able to interact as a mouse when the TV is driven by a computer as a monitor with applications like Photoshop etc? As the Wiimote interactive touchscreen pen does?

Hello all,

Pricing is 50" around £1299 and 60" around £1899. Will investigate the question above on Monday with our sample at LG towers.

George

Thanks for the info, will be keen to have proper look at one of these when they hit the shops!

Its a great concept, my only concern at this point is with this TV being a plasma, how has LG dealt with the image retention that inherently plagues their panels?

wess74 said:
Its a great concept, my only concern at this point is with this TV being a plasma, how has LG dealt with the image retention that inherently plagues their panels?

My 5 year old LG plasma doesn't suffer any real image retention, sometimes I'll leave the xbox an pause for hours on end - quick White wash on my return clears everything so didn't think this would be an issue.. Do some of the newer LG plasmas suffer this problem?

I had a 42" PG6000 a few years ago for a short time and it suffered badly with it. Ive read quite a few reviews since then on various sites and they all seem to still suffer with IR to certain degrees. I'm looking to finally upgrade my 42" Pio to an HD1080 tv. I own smaller LG LED tv's but i prefer my main tv to be plasma because i feel it gives a better pic for big screen movies.

wess74 said:
I had a 42" PG6000 a few years ago for a short time and it suffered badly with it. Ive read quite a few reviews since then on various sites and they all seem to still suffer with IR to certain degrees. I'm looking to finally upgrade my 42" Pio to an HD1080 tv. I own smaller LG LED tv's but i prefer my main tv to be plasma because i feel it gives a better pic for big screen movies.

Let's hope it's something LG have sorted then.. going by the YouTube vid static images will be a main feature on this set so hopefully it's cured.

Last edited:
I find it bizarre that LG are going to put a feature which will mostly be used with static images on a Plasma panel with image retention and a real risk of burn in especially when used professionally. I would love to know what measures have been taken to prevent this happening with the pen touch model.

I get IR on my 2011 plasma just from the channel number which is only screen for 3 seconds and it takes minutes to clear! (looking very close at the screen on a light background).

I'm as much concerned on LG's IR on plasmas as they do not score high there.
But Panny's, pro plasma models do come with an optional IR touch panel (sold at a ridiculously high premium), and most movie malls sport Panasonic plasmas for static images, as they have the wobbling/nanodrift option which I'm sure LG has a variant of.
Looking at PZ850's specs though I was somewhat turned off by the 150ms pen lag officially claimed, not to mention that from what I've seen this will work only with LG's software package unless someone hacks it.
On a side note Sharp is also releasing both 60 & 70' lcds with pentouch technology.

But Panny's, pro plasma models do come with an optional IR touch panel (sold at a ridiculously high premium), and most movie malls sport Panasonic plasmas for static images, as they have the wobbling/nanodrift option which I'm sure LG has a variant of.

Yes but all those features don't work as I found out, go up close to your TV with the wobble function on... you will see thin black bars either on the left or right hand side on the panel = burn in... i.e. useless.

Amazon have 50PZ850T at £995. Seems cheap! Anyone have any feedback?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom