The Official LG PJ350 Plasma Thread

McNeely

Standard Member
Jos180 said:
I've noticed that on skin tones it sometimes looks like a worm is crawling through the skin - Is that posterization? Anyway, I have my HTPC set to 1920x1080. I'll set it to 1280x720 later and see if that makes a difference.
I mean where instead of smooth colour gradients, you get noticeable banding. Maybe they call it solarisation....im not sure the exact term.

Well I've done a quick test and don't see any difference myself between 1920/1080 and 1280/720 but that was both on 50Hz and on recorded tv programs.
I have my DVD's ripped to ISO on my HTPC and haven't seen the problem on there anyway, same with my blu-ray player, so I just put it down to the MPEG2 format which is what my HTPC records tv at.
I said 1024x768, the native resolution of the panel. This is the only resolution where I don't get noticeable posterization.

iqofafish

I mean where instead of smooth colour gradients, you get noticeable banding. Maybe they call it solarisation....im not sure the exact term.

I said 1024x768, the native resolution of the panel. This is the only resolution where I don't get noticeable posterization.
so you did. apologies.

Rizel23

is this tv any good for use with HTPC?

I would be using over HDMI cable to play movies, tv shows and little bit of browsing, how would the resolution be displayed over HDMI, still 1024x768?

McNeely

Standard Member
is this tv any good for use with HTPC?

I would be using over HDMI cable to play movies, tv shows and little bit of browsing, how would the resolution be displayed over HDMI, still 1024x768?
You can choose many resolutions, see the owners manual for the full list.

The reason I choose 1024x768 is that:
a) It is the native panel resolution (the exact pixels the display has) so the image is sharpest and reduces the number of times it has to be scaled
b) It seems to reduce the problem of posterization

But the downside is that only 60Hz is supported at 1024x768. So if you watch 24fps content, there will be some kind of frame-repetition.

For browsing, the image will be a little blurry at anything other than 1024x768.

Also note that the panel uses non-square pixels, so at 1024x768 you will need to correct the AR in software. I can do it easily in XBMC but I don't know how to do it on the desktop. So movies are at the correct aspect for me, but the desktop is stretched horizontally.

Last edited:

bwinches

Novice Member
LG 42PJ350 settings
<hr style="color:#C7C7C7" size="1"> Xbox360(via HDMI)>settings>System>Console Settings>Display>
HDTV Settings>720p
Reference Levels>Standard
HDMI Color Space>Auto

PS3(via HDMI 720p)>Settings>
BD/DVD Video Output Format (HDMI)>Y Pb/Cb Pr/Cr

LG 42PJ350
THX optimizer (using THX glasses)
Aspect Ratio: Just Scan
Evergy Saving: Off
Picture Mode: Cinema
Contrast: 96
Brightness: 24
Sharpness: 32
Color: 61
Tint: R14
Color Temp: W29
Advanced Control
Dynamic Contast: Off
Dynamic Color: Off
Noise Redux: Off
Gamma: Medium
Black Level: Low
Film Mode: Off
Color Gamut: Standard
Edge Enhancer: Off

Note: Spears & Munsil benchmark blu-ray gave 4 slighly varied settings.
Brightness: 47
Sharpness: 36
Color: 54
Tint: R10

hi

i know this has probably been ask loads of times but i can't find the answer.

can anyone point in to a guide to get divx working through usb please.

im a total Noob with flashing tv's so i don't really know what im looking for. i have flashed other devices. phones console.s psp

thanks for any advice

Jose300

Novice Member
I have the lg 42jp350 and I'm trying to connect my xbox to it with a hdmi but it gives me no signal . Would anyone know what could be wrong ?

Nixfynn

Novice Member
Hi I'm new to this... I've had my LG for a few years and have never had sound issues but when I play a movie off of my harddrive through the USB the sound stops at various points in the movie. If I turn the TV off it will play with sound again but then stop away a different part of the movie. The picture plays but no sound. It doesn't do this when I watch Netflix and it doesn't do it with every movie? Any ideas why? It's the LG pj350.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom