The Official LG LW550T 3D LED Thread Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
d16turbo said:
to be fair ive hardly noticed xtalk while on ps3,sky and watching blu rays. not sure if theres another way to upgrade as ive always used usb. could try hooking up a laptop with the file in a folder called lg_dvt and see if it picks it up?

how are you experiencing xtalk? ill see if i can replicate it.

Cheers.

Well I see it all over the place really... In wipeout HD a lot of stuff in the background as well as the lines in the road. The lantern scene in tangled. 3d Universal logo. Any power line in black ops. Anything against the sky in motorstorm. The Shepard at the start of despicable me.

It's more like a faint shadow of the image than an actual solid double image though but still annoying. it may be to do with screen size. I have a 55" and sit 10 feet from the screen.

I had a 47" before I upgrade to 55" and there was no xtalk at all on that so it's quite annoying.

Hey elf,

Not sure why LGFan is so helped up [he's on my ignore list as I'm sure he's a cheerleader/troll or a god dam hipster :laugh:]

Discussing other brands is perfectly normal when comparing tvs... Infact, I've just gone back through some of the posts by those who said "stop talking about the Samsung" and everyone of them has posted at one point "how does it compare to <INSERT here brand variable>" so I'm confused how it's ok when thy need a comparison but not when we need one?

I for one am grateful for your feedback, LG R.A'd my tv and I had no choice but look for an alternitive brand. The only place to naturally discuss that is with people in these here forums where I initially came when I encountered my problems.

Even Dave LGUK mentions his competitors and what his brand tvs do better or worse to the competition... In fact comparison/competition/choice is exactly what drives this market.

There should be no reason for people to discuss things openly? Its like someone saying "stop complaining about your broken tv as my tv works fine? :facepalm:

It's a forum guys, thats its purpose. Comparisons are perfectly within the rules, please skip over posts that are not relevant to you and move on.

I've been very interested in elfs posts and he has helped me immensely in helping me with my dilemma of my faulty LGs.

We tested some other models against the LG again today and are still undecided, although the Phillips (lg panel) 21/8 is looking rather fetching at the moment too :)

But by discussing samsung TVs here, you are making it hard for people to read the forum to find out about LG solutions.

But by discussing samsung TVs here, you are making it hard for people to read the forum to find out about LG solutions.

I think you've missed the point... I had 4 faulty lg's to which i used this forum like many others to find solutions etc but after all these faulty displays i had no option but to go to another brand, it was at this point where other member who are in the same situation ASKED me to post my experiences... I think it would of been pointless posting this on the samsung forum as my comparison was based directly on the lw550, letting people knows the pros and cons i've experienced whilst using another brand..

I personally think people have been a tad brainwashed reading these forums and think that ALL led tv's suffer from banding and dse which is not the case, also the way led backlight systems work varys greatly between brands... One of my main frustrations with the lg backlighting was the torch effect which occured when there was white text on a black background for example, this is not present in most other brands! Again, all i'm trying to do is give people a useful insight into how other manufacturers have implemented this technology!

when i received my final lw550 replacement and first turned it on i was convinced it had greatly reduced banding however over time it seemed to get worse and worse, then eventually i started to notice what looked like 3 of the side mounted led's were starting to glow brighter and brighter to the point where is looked like 3 white stripes going across the screen! It seems like other people are experiencing this same problem where if you have banding etc it does seem to get worse over time, this may be just down to perception but i really think that this is an issue which will effect the lifespan of these tv's!

Cheers.

Well I see it all over the place really... In wipeout HD a lot of stuff in the background as well as the lines in the road. The lantern scene in tangled. 3d Universal logo. Any power line in black ops. Anything against the sky in motorstorm. The Shepard at the start of despicable me.

It's more like a faint shadow of the image than an actual solid double image though but still annoying. it may be to do with screen size. I have a 55" and sit 10 feet from the screen.

I had a 47" before I upgrade to 55" and there was no xtalk at all on that so it's quite annoying.

I have a 55" and I sit at around 2.5-3 meters from the TV (8-10 feet). I don't see any cross-talk or banding or anything else, but I don't look for it with a microscope, so may be it is there if you search really hard. I prefer just to enjoy the movies instead.
Very happy with the TV, its January 2012 build if it matters.

Guys going back on topic, if I use component av cable on my ps3, does it eliminate or reduce the input lag?

Sorry I can't comment about the ps3, but I tried vga, hdmi and component with my xbox360 on my 47LW550T version 4 firmware and found component and hdmi felt exactly the same, vga felt slightly less laggy.
This is all subjective though, a combination of watching the visible lag of the kinect picture and playing games. The only objective measurements I could perform was using my laptop which I wasn't able to measure via component or hdmi.
I know I keep saying it but I did confirm that switching the tv off then on again halved the lag if the tv was switched from another input or switched on before the xbox.

DrT.

Got my 42" 550 on Saturday and having played around with it all weekend, using the xbox, the ps3, usb media, the apps and sky, I find it to be a great tv. I have so far seen no banding but do have some very minor light bleed in bottom left corner if I am being picky. There has been no problems so far with any 3d media I have watched, I am maybe not that picky and am just enjoying the tv. However when it comes to gaming I have noticed the lag, and even after renaming the connection noticed a little sponginess in controller response. I will try a few tweaks in the coming days to see if I can reduce it further, noting that 450 owners seem to have less lag it may be a processing issue.
I had been hovering around these threads for weeks before going to Richer Sounds and getting my 550 for £659.95 and believe I have made the right choice. My build for all those interested is Nov 2011.

Hi,
I have an LG bd670 with a 1.4 hdmi cable going into this tv.
I am just wondering what to set the input name to, to get the best performance from 3d?
I seem to have tried every setting out, but still get motion issues with 3d media, it just seems to be when people move around quickly, there seems to be a bit of "jitter". I have trumotion off, as this makes everything a lot worse.
I am going to try the new firmware later, as I am still on 05.01.10.
I have changed the framerate on my 3d stuff to 25fps, and this reduces the jitter a lot, but it still hasn't removed it completely.
Anyone else experiencing this?

DrainBamage said:
I have a 55" and I sit at around 2.5-3 meters from the TV (8-10 feet). I don't see any cross-talk or banding or anything else, but I don't look for it with a microscope, so may be it is there if you search really hard. I prefer just to enjoy the movies instead.
Very happy with the TV, its January 2012 build if it matters.

Thanks.

I totally agree that you shouldn't nitpick, I've noticed slight banding and backlight bleed, but I'm pretty sure all edge lit tvs have these things to some degree so there's no point in stressing out too much about them.
The thing is this xtalk is very noticeable on some scenes. I've had friends notice it when watching The lion king (for example the moon in the background when it's showing a montage of Simba growing up)

I know that the 47" had none and can't tell if it's just because it's a bigger TV or because it's faulty.

ipabzi said:
Thanks.

I totally agree that you shouldn't nitpick, I've noticed slight banding and backlight bleed, but I'm pretty sure all edge lit tvs have these things to some degree so there's no point in stressing out too much about them.
The thing is this xtalk is very noticeable on some scenes. I've had friends notice it when watching The lion king (for example the moon in the background when it's showing a montage of Simba growing up)

I know that the 47" had none and can't tell if it's just because it's a bigger TV or because it's faulty.

I definitely don't see any cross talk on mine, picture looks as good as 2D bluray. I haven't tried any 3d games but I don't see why games would be different.

This is weird, most of you guys can get the latest update (05.10.05) and I can't. I tried using software update on the TV but it says no update version found (I'm on firmware 05.01.10 btw). I also checked LG's website but its the same thing, 05.01.10. Can someone give me a link for the new firmware thanks.

P.S
I'm from the UK

This is weird, most of you guys can get the latest update (05.10.05) and I can't. I tried using software update on the TV but it says no update version found (I'm on firmware 05.01.10 btw). I also checked LG's website but its the same thing, 05.01.10. Can someone give me a link for the new firmware thanks.

P.S
I'm from the UK
Hi Darwish,
It is on the website, but it is underneath the 05.01.10 firmware, and upgrade procedures.

I've just sent back a 55" 550 due to clouding/backlight bleed on certain material, and now have quandary do we just replace and try another, or a tv from a different brand?

To that end just wonder how many others have had it on their 550?

P.S
I'm from the UK
I too am on 05.01.10 and use wired to internet- use the tv controls to check for new update and none found. Never like to jump straight in with a new firmware anyway just in case it turns out it mucks other stuff up- always look here first.Diff countries use diff firmware so we do need to say where we are when speaking about firmware. Me -- UK

im just updating 5.11.05 -> 5.11.06 today , ill report back on the changes but gotta be minor, since it looks like a maintenance release. (5->6)

Can anyone tell me how I find build date/month? (Does it just say a month or are you working it out from SN.)

I'm thinking of getting the 550 or 650 and might ask for a certain build when I goto shop. That's if it says on the outside of box as well as tv.

Thanks

connorfitz89 said:
Can anyone tell me how I find build date/month? (Does it just say a month or are you working it out from SN.)

I'm thinking of getting the 550 or 650 and might ask for a certain build when I goto shop. That's if it says on the outside of box as well as tv.

Thanks

Hi there

On mine it has a sticker on the back of the TV saying 'January 2012 build'. Don't think it says it on the box though

Hi there

On mine it has a sticker on the back of the TV saying 'January 2012 build'. Don't think it says it on the box though

Cheers, ill just have to cross my fingers and hope for luck to play a part.

Hi everyone,

I'm new here so thought I'd say Hi :)

I have just purchased an LG 47LW559T and I have a question. I understood there was input lag when gaming but I'm having a lot of lag watching normal TV. I'm not an expert on the settings as yet (and being a man I never read instructions) but I have tried all the options ie: Standard, Cinema, Sensor and I get the best result from the Gaming option.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or not doing that will fix this? I updated yesterday and I think it's 05.01.10

Any help would be great
Thanks

Hi again

So here's an example of the xtalk. From the game 'God of War:Ghost of Sparta' one picture is taken from left eye one from right (obviously when combined it looks even worse)

Can anyone else with a 55" advise whether this is the norm for the 55? (I know it's not with the 47")
Thanks

image-899174510.jpg

image-1247653877.jpg

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I'm new here so thought I'd say Hi :)

I have just purchased an LG 47LW559T and I have a question. I understood there was input lag when gaming but I'm having a lot of lag watching normal TV. I'm not an expert on the settings as yet (and being a man I never read instructions) but I have tried all the options ie: Standard, Cinema, Sensor and I get the best result from the Gaming option.
Is there something I'm doing wrong or not doing that will fix this? I updated yesterday and I think it's 05.01.10

Any help would be great
Thanks

Can you explain what lag you are getting? Is it just that the sound is out of sync?

Gaming lag is where you press a button on the controller and there is a delay on it happening on screen (and someone pops up and shoots you!)

Putting your set into gaming mode disables some of the processing functions, you would be best going into the calibration thread and using someones settings as a start point and adjust them.

Hi Darwish,
It is on the website, but it is underneath the 05.01.10 firmware, and upgrade procedures.

Got it, put it on a usb drive..
Been sitting at 99% for fifteen minutes now..
When should I pull the plug?

Edit: Pulled the plug after 20 minutes, waited for a minute and plugged it back in.
It was finished upgrading :)

Last edited:
im just updating 5.11.05 -> 5.11.06 today , ill report back on the changes but gotta be minor, since it looks like a maintenance release. (5->6)

Whoa 05.11.05 :confused: I thought its 05.10.05 :rolleyes:

I'm confused

Anyone notice a bit lag playing the wii on this tellybox even in game mode?

Can you explain what lag you are getting? Is it just that the sound is out of sync?

Gaming lag is where you press a button on the controller and there is a delay on it happening on screen (and someone pops up and shoots you!)

Putting your set into gaming mode disables some of the processing functions, you would be best going into the calibration thread and using someones settings as a start point and adjust them.

Sorry, yeah the audio is out of sync. It's like watching a Kung Fu movie from the 70's :)
Where do I find the thread you mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom