The Official LG LW550T 3D LED Thread Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
don't worry about wasting our time!! if there is a problem no matter how big or small we want to know about it!!

That would be very helpful to see if there are any differences that might suggest a batch defect etc.. I assume HL panels are sourced from Poland too? (Serial Number WR) but bear in mind we in the UK have DVBT2 TV's which are (only slightly) different anyway I think? If you could PM me your TV's serial number and firmware version I will pass it on as a GOOD set!! :)

I'd love to but do not have the possibility to PM somehow...

LG Dave
The other day you mentioned about one of your engineers coming out rather than contracted engineers. How do we make sure we get a proper engineer out rather than a contracted one?

That wasn't exactly a fair comment from me, the engineers we use for repairs are PERFECTLY capable of repairing the panels but when the fault is a new one I think its best if one of our own LG engineers visits. I think at least 2 of you guys are already in discussion with one of our internal engineers who is arranging a visit so hopefully we'll get more info when that happens. :thumbsup:

don't worry about wasting our time!! if there is a problem no matter how big or small we want to know about it!!

This has been on my mind a bit tonight as well, I don't know whether it's improved or what but the banding/DSE doesn't look as bad as it used to I'm sure, having said that it's still there and I still notice it so I think it's worth getting an opinion and the new firmware to see if it helps. I just hope when the engineer shows up and I show the 'problem' I don't get a look as if to say 'is that it'.
Awaiting a phone call from the engineer I think now to arrange a time , can only get time off work on Weds or Thurs next week so hope that's convenient :lease:

Be interested to hear if anyone else is due a visit / new firmware before me?

Cheers
Andy

zAndy1 said:
This has been on my mind a bit tonight as well, I don't know whether it's improved or what but the banding/DSE doesn't look as bad as it used to I'm sure, having said that it's still there and I still notice it so I think it's worth getting an opinion and the new firmware to see if it helps. I just hope when the engineer shows up and I show the 'problem' I don't get a look as if to say 'is that it'.
Awaiting a phone call from the engineer I think now to arrange a time , can only get time off work on Weds or Thurs next week so hope that's convenient :lease:

Be interested to hear if anyone else is due a visit / new firmware before me?

Cheers
Andy

Think I'm only down rd from you mate, :confused: be handy if engineer could pop to mine after your visit lol

I have no dse on my latest set. Didn't have it on first one either, only on second. Vertical banding has been on all 3 but worst on second one.

Hey fella:), You must be an expert if you can differentiate between DSE and Banding;), Lets hope you get the 'Official LG' Engineer out as you can show him 1st hand :smashin: :)

@ Andy,
I hope that when the engineer calls your banding is at its worst, I have been thinking about logging my Clouding thats intermittant with LG again next week for a Visit but there is no garauntee that it will show itself at the time of visit.
I am just going to hope that mine stays away or this new F/W sorts something out for my sake and everyone elses affected :thumbsup:.

@ All,

I said sometime last week that when on my Sony Players Home screen with Dimming Off that Bleeding was much reduced/Eliminated (all the way round) when in 16.9 as opposed to just scan, Clouding 'whenever present' was not reduced though.

Nobody responded to that post but hey what do i know ;):rotfl::rotfl:.

Last edited:
Just finished boring the missus with Jean-Michel Cousteau's Film Trilogy (Dolphins & Whales/Sharks/Ocean Wonderland 3D lol.. I thought it was fantastic but she wasn't that impressed :suicide: maybe one for eBay :-(

Just a little word of warning for JL customers,

As some of you 'May' remember i said that JL offered me a £130 Good will Gesture on the telephone at the same time they arranged my exchange,

Well two 45 minute calls to them via my mobile which has cost a small fortune trying to convince them this call actually took place:mad: i had an email from them saying they have now credited my account with £150 after 4 days of searching to find the call in question to confirm.

I can tell you it was not about the Money at all but the principal, but one person in particular was pretty unpleasent and was just a small step away from calling me a liar:mad:.

Please take note of the JL staff you speak to and times etc, You never know when you may need the info :facepalm:.

Oh great! they've not offered me anything but will be taking notes tomorrow when I call yet again! Unless I can get an engineer out!

Although Looks like they've only charged me for the 47" so far and Ive now got the 55" maybe I should lay low lol

panman40 said:
Hey fella:), You must be an expert if you can differentiate between DSE and Banding;), Lets hope you get the 'Official LG' Engineer out as you can show him 1st hand :smashin: :)

In my opinion as I've had both, banding is banding and dse is more of an overall blotchy effect like the screen is dirty. I've had the bands on all 3 but the blotchy dirty effect only on the second one. They both appear together so it's obviously the same sort of thing, just different in the way it looks.

I searched this thread but cannot find it:
is it possible to make this tv switch to a certain hdmi on startup?
I have my cable-decoder for example on hdmi1 and want this tv to startup with hdmi1 (to make it girlfriend-friendly)
I dont own this tv (yet), still deciding between this and D7000/D8000 or Philips 47PFL7606 (or x others)

Engineer been out. Confirmed banding problem but before they arrived found what can only be described as dents on the bevel on bottom edge nearest acreen. So refused repair. They told me tv needs replacing. And confirmed hopefully banding fix via f/wr

I searched this thread but cannot find it:
is it possible to make this tv switch to a certain hdmi on startup?
I have my cable-decoder for example on hdmi1 and want this tv to startup with hdmi1 (to make it girlfriend-friendly)
I dont own this tv (yet), still deciding between this and D7000/D8000 or Philips 47PFL7606 (or x others)

The TV will start up on the input that it was switched off the last time :thumbsup:.

Engineer been out. Confirmed banding problem but before they arrived found what can only be described as dents on the bevel on bottom edge nearest acreen. So refused repair. They told me tv needs replacing. And confirmed hopefully banding fix via f/wr

Was your banding only visible on panning with football?
Wonder of I'm going to be the first one to get this new firmware then, quite exciting lol :)

Hmmm just had a call from the repair centre and apparently a new panel is being ordered now, gonna ring me when it comes in but might be a week. I'm worried now cos in all other respects my current one is fine and I don't want to end up with something worse, also what happened to the firmware fix, I did ask but he just said it might need a firmeare update as well....
Well I guess we'll see what happens...at least LG are dealing with it and not Currys :)

Hmmm just had a call from the repair centre and apparently a new panel is being ordered now, gonna ring me when it comes in but might be a week. I'm worried now cos in all other respects my current one is fine and I don't want to end up with something worse, also what happened to the firmware fix, I did ask but he just said it might need a firmeare update as well....
Well I guess we'll see what happens...at least LG are dealing with it and not Currys :)

Morning Andy,

I dont want to speak out of turn here but it seems to me that LG arrange to do Something direct with the Owner then when its Passed over to the 'Approved LG Repairer' they seem to want to do what suits themselves rather than sticking to the original Plan ??.

I have seen this on several occasions now and i can understand your concern about Panel changing,

I my opinion having the Panel changed is going to do Nothing for this Banding that a lot of you are getting.

I think it would be better if LG had 'Official' Repairers that Stick to the OE Plans :confused:.

Cheers:).

Morning Andy,

I dont want to speak out of turn here but it seems to me that LG arrange to do Something direct with the Owner then when its Passed over to the 'Approved LG Repairer' they seem to want to do what suits themselves rather than sticking to the original Plan ??.

I have seen this on several occasions now and i can understand your concern about Panel changing,

I my opinion having the Panel changed is going to do Nothing for this Banding that a lot of you are getting.

I think it would be better if LG had 'Official' Repairers that Stick to the OE Plans :confused:.

A feeling of Déjà vu in the air.....

A feeling of Déjà vu in the air.....

Thats what came to mind Giz yep :laugh:,

No doubt Dave will be onto it tho if he gets time :cool:

zAndy1 said:
Was your banding only visible on panning with football?
Wonder of I'm going to be the first one to get this new firmware then, quite exciting lol :)

On everything but most noticeable on movement, not into footie. According engineer should be available for d/l. LG dragging their feet now regarding next step. Won't believe what we're saying and need to investigate engineers findings.

panman40 said:
Morning Andy,

Seems to be the case.

Just to let you know, we are still trying to get hold of the TV's and/or modules so that we can send them back to our factories for testing. If they are not within our specification (please don't ask me what that EXACTLY is though.... :blush:) then there IS a serious problem. no matter how this all ends up it doesn't change the fact that you have all purchased TV's that you are not (for whatever reason) entirely happy with and for that I am truly sorry on behalf of LG. This is taking some time to get resolved but we really want to see the problems for ourselves too (its certainly not that we don't BELIEVE you!?!) Some people are finding it hard to arrange for a visit so I can understand why that may add to the overall time its taking to get the TV's/panels BACK. there's no point swapping modules OR Tv's if the issue remains on the next one because we haven't deteremined if its a batch isssue or not?

hope that all helps/makes sense and i'll be here (regulary as I think you already know!) to try and get these kind of things sorted.

Best Regards

Dave@LGUK

What wasn't clear from the conversation I had (should have asked) is whether the screen would be replaced in my home or whether mine would have to go away for the repair and be delivered back. I'm still not convinced from the conversations I've had that LG appreciate what this issue is or looks like, hell I'm not even convinced what I'm seeing is what other people are seeing or that I aren't just being uber fussy! BUT at the end of the day I am seeing something when the screen pans on football that isn't there on a static image so clearly something is going on. What surprises me a little is we seem to have gone from being fairly confident a firmware update will fix the banding to now being told I need a new panel, was this firmware fix just vapourware? Still an opportunity there for someone to have a look at mine next week and try and new firmware if it exists before resorting to the more drastic panel replacement option but need to know asap if that option is going to be taken up...

Cheers
Andy

sorry if this has been asked and answered previously guys, but my 46LW550T arrived yesterday on firmware 03.03.29...when connected to the network it mentions a firmware update. Should I do the update, or is this update part of some of problems you've all been having?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom