The Official LG LW550T 3D LED Thread Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

z11

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm really like everything about the tv. It's just gaming performance that's putting me off.
Can anyone report any positives or negatives in regards to gaming (input lag)

For me the gaming lag (Xbox 360) is noticeable via HDMI through any port, have tried 1.3/1.4 cables and all settings but couldn't improve it. Got myself a VGA cable though (£3 off ebay) and there is no noticeable lag using this input. Colours are more washed out using this method but a few picture tweaks and it still looks excellent. I play a lot of FPS games so lag is probably more noticeable to me, it might not be an issue for the more casual gamer on non FPS games though.

I'm really surprised to hear this. I play lots of FPS' and have no noticeable input lag at all.

This is with a PS3, sounds weird, maybe Xbox Specific, but I doubt it!

Are there any advantages in buying an LG Brand 3d blu ray player to pair up with the 550? Or are other makes better?

Last edited:
I'm really surprised to hear this. I play lots of FPS' and have no noticeable input lag at all.

This is with a PS3, sounds weird, maybe Xbox Specific, but I doubt it!

I've heard other owners say no lag via HDMI either :confused: ... I have the newer slim 360 too but like you say don't know if that could make a difference. I wouldn't have thought it would differ between individual sets either but maybe it can :confused:

I'm not talking fractions either, you can visibly see the lag difference between HDMI and VGA for me.

Just ordered my 55" from JL have to wait until next Thursday as it's the earliest I could do.. Longest 10 days of my life!

Mmm, Just phoned JL again to see exactly when i can claim back the Pricematch difference, Damn good job i did:mad:, They said 'Oh have you had a call yet ?. Apparently my order is 'Pending' regarding a Security check :facepalm:, I told her my wife is not back until 6pm, I said i had Booked friday off and altered my work to do so and i sincerely hope it will still be friday :(.
I would advise anyone who has ordered to give a ring and make sure all is A OK ;)

just called JL to see if they can bring it Friday and Tuesday is earliest. Our order must be OK because they did give me the option of cancelliung it and re-ordering with express delivery, but I just decided to be patient.

Can someone re-post that link for legal 3D downloads please!!!

Mmm, Just phoned JL again to see exactly when i can claim back the Pricematch difference, Damn good job i did:mad:, They said 'Oh have you had a call yet ?. Apparently my order is 'Pending' regarding a Security check :facepalm:, I told her my wife is not back until 6pm, I said i had Booked friday off and altered my work to do so and i sincerely hope it will still be friday :(.
I would advise anyone who has ordered to give a ring and make sure all is A OK ;)

Having posted earlier about having the 47 inch but now wanting the 55 inch, I filled in online price match form with JL last night for the 55 inch at £1789, half hoping they'd say no, so I could dismiss the idea, but just had reply accepting, so will have to have a serious conversation with "Her Indoors" tonight, real dilemma now.

Did you get an email confirming your order Panman?

Hi smiler. I'm still waiting to hear from John Lewis. I too filled in form last night. The couch monster still says no to 55" grrrrrrr lol

Having posted earlier about having the 47 inch but now wanting the 55 inch, I filled in online price match form with JL last night for the 55 inch at £1789, half hoping they'd say no, so I could dismiss the idea, but just had reply accepting, so will have to have a serious conversation with "Her Indoors" tonight, real dilemma now.

Oh dear, tread carefully ;):laugh:.

Did you get an email confirming your order Panman?

Yes mate got the email almost straight away :), just waiting for the much better half to get home so she can phone in the check :facepalm:, it was her C,Card we used not mine :cool::laugh:

Sorry, Could somebody please confirm its M8 bolts for the vesa please ?
Ta :smashin: 55"

Last edited:
panman40 said:
Yes mate got the email almost straight away :), just waiting for the much better half to get home so she can phone in the check :facepalm:, it was her C,Card we used not mine :cool::laugh:

I had my credit card refused with them last week. Had my bank phone me up to check it wasn't fraudulent use. JL didn't tell me though.

Yes. All TV's from JL come with a 5 year warranty free. Confirmed earlier in the thread.

Can someone repost the link for dowloading 3D material please.

Can't find it.

Also - what are the "must have" 3D blurays? Is Avatar available yet or still a panny exclusive?

Thanks

Are there any advantages in buying an LG Brand 3d blu ray player to pair up with the 550? Or are other makes better?

I have opted for a 2nd ps3 for my new 47 inch LG, just got to convince the wifey I need 2 ps3's:rolleyes:

just called JL to see if they can bring it Friday and Tuesday is earliest. Our order must be OK because they did give me the option of cancelliung it and re-ordering with express delivery, but I just decided to be patient.

Can someone re-post that link for legal 3D downloads please!!!

biohemmet.se

Youtube also have a bunch of 3d clips that can be viewed a number of ways - anaglyph, SBS etc. I've downloaded a few and have converted to m2ts format using Any Video Converter. Not sure if they'll work, but worth a go. Lots of 3D game clips like Left 4 Dead, Resi 5 etc.

Would this stand be suitable for the 55" model?

Buy KENMARK TV STAND - Up to 55" | TV STAND 55" - TV Stands | Comet

I'm guessing the TV would just sit on the stand - is there any way to secure it to the stand for extra safety?

Also, is anybody hooking up a HTPC to these sets? I'm thinking I'll probably use XBMC due to the lack of DTS support on the TV.

Also need to persuade the wife we need the 55" version...

Sorry, Could somebody please confirm its M8 bolts for the vesa please ?
Ta :smashin: 55"

The bolts come supplied on the back of the TV ;)
Just unscrew em put on your bracket and screw them back in. :)

The bolts come supplied on the back of the TV ;)
Just unscrew em put on your bracket and screw them back in. :)

Yep but in past experiance they wont be long enough ;) especially if the hole/thread is in a slight recess as most are, I always use an appropriate spacer so the Bracket is not pressing the back of the TV ;). I think they are probably M8 dia being a 55" :confused::),

im awaiting a delivery date for mine... they said i should get a phone call in the morning.. seems strange but they've taken payment and emailed confirmation so will have to wait and see

Would this stand be suitable for the 55" model?

Buy KENMARK TV STAND - Up to 55" | TV STAND 55" - TV Stands | Comet

I'm guessing the TV would just sit on the stand - is there any way to secure it to the stand for extra safety?

Also, is anybody hooking up a HTPC to these sets? I'm thinking I'll probably use XBMC due to the lack of DTS support on the TV.

Also need to persuade the wife we need the 55" version...

Those stands are fine for the money and sorta posh:laugh: or you could spend a little more and get one which has a centre column to mount the TV 'Wall Style' that way you can use the top shelf aswell:)

im awaiting a delivery date for mine... they said i should get a phone call in the morning.. seems strange but they've taken payment and emailed confirmation so will have to wait and see

That is odd. I have now had security clearance:laugh: and still sheduled for Friday :arty::laugh:

Been lurking for a few weeks now and finally decided to go for the 55". Got JL to price match Electrocentre at £1789 and delivery due next Monday. I am wall mounting at about 18 inches above head height (centre of screen) with a tilting bracket, Do you think this will be fine??. Also closet seat will be around 7 feet from screen at about 115/135 degree's, do you think this could cause problems. Thanks in advance and keep up the posts, I cant wait now,like a big kid at xmas.....

Yes. All TV's from JL come with a 5 year warranty free. Confirmed earlier in the thread.

Can someone repost the link for dowloading 3D material please.

Can't find it.

Also - what are the "must have" 3D blurays? Is Avatar available yet or still a panny exclusive?

Thanks

Will avatar 3D not work on this tv then?

blindkiller said:
Will avatar 3D not work on this tv then?

Yes if you can get hold of the disc - it's not on general release - only with panny 3D tvs

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom