Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian Paul

Standard Member
batfish,

I've had lokk on Pixmania and the offer I got has gone!:rolleyes:

BUT I found this:

LG 37LH3000 37 INCH LCD TV : LG*LCD TV 37 Inch

Don't know how good the company is but the price is ...... wait for it......

£567.89 p&p FREE!!!

I do some homework on the compant but sounds great!

Let me know how you got on

Brought a LG BD370 Blu Ray from Pixmania, good price and arrived on time. seems like a good outfit, hope this helps. Got my LG 42LH4000 from Digitech for £699. Ian

whc

Standard Member
Anyone having problem with the time/date not being memorized when turning the TV completely off?

Try to turn of your LH4000 when on analog tuner (standby) when the time/date is set correct, then turn the TV off on the wall or just the physical switch below the standby LED, so the TV is completely off power, and wait for like 10 seconds before turning on again.

Does your TV remember the time/date when you turn it on again?

You have to do this on the analog tuner, since if you use the digital the TV gets the time/date from the plug/antenna, and no problem, but am afraid this is a problem with my TV only, so would be very happy if you LH4000 owners could test it and see if it is normal.

Anybody :lease: test the above, thanks :)...

whc

Standard Member
hi pycho,
the formats are as follows
VIDEO:-
DivX3.11, DivX4.12, DivX5.x, DivX6,
Xvid1.00, Xvide1.01, Xvid1.02, Xvid1.03, Xvid 1.10-beta-1/beta-2,
Mpeg-1, Mpeg-2, Mpeg-4, H.264, AVC

AUDIO:-
AC3(Dolby Digital), Mpeg, MP3, PCM

FILE EXTENSIONS:-
(*.dat/*.mpg/*.mpeg/*.ts/*.trp/*.tp/*.vob/*.mp4/*.mkv/*.avi/*.divx

I trust that you have put the dvx state to HD in the tool option 3 menu, if you have left it in sd then you will be limmited to 640x480 resolution.
and although i can see .mkv file video, the aac audio is unsupported at this time with our lg4000 series sets.
I am trying to tweek this,but i dont hold out much hope unless LG do a software update for our audio amps.

regards
ian
What software do you have? Got the latest 3.15.00 on my pc if you want to try it on your LH4000?

ceefour2007

Standard Member
Thanks Ian,

I purchased my LH4000 from Pixmania and would recommend them, I was referring to the company in the link called 1stAudiovisual. I have never used them and so can't speak for there reliability etc.

Ian D.

Standard Member
Hi all, I bought the 37lh4000 after lots of searching. Thought I had really done the research. I'm not sure if im being unrealistic or not but on some things brightly lit outdoor shots on sky hd it is the bees knees, on less well lit scenes and particularly movies the picture really makes it look like a set which I suppose is down to quality but just not sure if I like it, can someone please tell me if I turn tru motion to off is the set 50hz or 100hz, because I bought it thinking it was constant 100hz please tel me anyone. Otherwise it's a try to send it back and get the samsung:lease:

Retro Techno

Hi all, I bought the 37lh4000 after lots of searching. Thought I had really done the research. I'm not sure if im being unrealistic or not but on some things brightly lit outdoor shots on sky hd it is the bees knees, on less well lit scenes and particularly movies the picture really makes it look like a set which I suppose is down to quality but just not sure if I like it, can someone please tell me if I turn tru motion to off is the set 50hz or 100hz, because I bought it thinking it was constant 100hz please tel me anyone. Otherwise it's a try to send it back and get the samsung:lease:

I don't think there are many TV's that are constant 100hz these days. Everyone likes the option to turn things off. And so with your TV, 100hz (Trumotion) is there if you want it, set it to high or low, or turn it off if not required.

batfish

Standard Member
Ok guys new question for you all, how do the LG374000 and the SamsungLE40B550 compare?

I am a little concerned about the overal quality of LG would I be better of having the 40' from samsung and loose the 100htz. Would the LG be better for gaming on my PS3?

ohhh decisions decisions!!:confused:

cheers
batfish

ceefour2007

Standard Member
@ Ian D,

Turn the TruMotion to LOW, you will find this setting in the expert settings and you could also try turning the Real Cinema setting to OFF. I found that when the TruMotion was set to full the picture looked a bit weird, almost like it was in Fast Forward !?!? but it nows looks ACE!!

@ Batfish,

The only way you will be happy is to see them side by side. I was tearing my hair out thinking which telly is best etc. You have to just bite the bullet and choose. Everyone on hear can advise but only YOU can decide. Personally I am very happy with the LG BUT I didn't look at the Samsung so....

ValiantSaint

Standard Member
I have just brought an 32LH4000, and I'm not very happy with it. The picture and sound (hissing when people speak etc.) are all over the place. Does anyone have any settings I could try on my TV before I send it back? What settings is everyone using on their Xbox 360s? Also, has anyone had problems with the backlight/panel buzzing on their TVs?

J4CK DANIELS

Novice Member
I have just brought an 32LH4000, and I'm not very happy with it. The picture and sound (hissing when people speak etc.) are all over the place. Does anyone have any settings I could try on my TV before I send it back? What settings is everyone using on their Xbox 360s? Also, has anyone had problems with the backlight/panel buzzing on their TVs?

does the picture and sound still look bad if you flick through the av modes maybe? also i assume you are using a digital source? HDMI?

ValiantSaint

Standard Member
does the picture and sound still look bad if you flick through the av modes maybe? also i assume you are using a digital source? HDMI?

Everything I have hooked up to the TV is running through HDMI. I have had another fiddle with the TV and sorted the picture out a bit more, but the sounds is awful. Just so tinny.

Barchetta

Standard Member
Everything I have hooked up to the TV is running through HDMI. I have had another fiddle with the TV and sorted the picture out a bit more, but the sounds is awful. Just so tinny.

Yeah, I hear the same from mine - I'd say it is the speaker as opposed to the audio processing though. I tried the headphone output and that had no background hiss at all. I'm going to try various options with the combinations I have (headphones/TV output/cinema amp) so I'll let you know.

ceefour2007

Standard Member
Barchetta & ValliantSaint. My advice would be to contact the supplier AND LG directly as it sounds like you have genuine faults.

Dave The Rave

hello all.
I was interested in this tv,but am unsure now because of the mixed reviews
I.e black levels and sound problems.
Went to currys to get the panny 32lzd85 but was out of stock.
Really dont know what to go for now LOL aaarrrggghhh:(
was looking at the 37 inch version of the LG,still tempting though.
what ever i get,it will be hooked upto sky hd and toshiba xde500 player.
whats the lg like through sky hd and sky sd?

J4CK DANIELS

Novice Member
IMHO the LG's have always been better at HD content than SD but this year the gap seems to have closed in a bit... if you've got a decent enough upscaling DVD player and/or blu-ray then you should be ok. The LH4000 does also play DivX but you have to activate it. quite a nice feature if you download films a lot, my phone also records video clips in DivX so it'd be nice to use this feature. I prefer Panas plasmas to their LCD's.

Barchetta

Standard Member
Barchetta & ValliantSaint. My advice would be to contact the supplier AND LG directly as it sounds like you have genuine faults.

Yeah, I'd think it was a fault too but this is my second set (I had a 14 day trial from Richer Sounds)! Still, I think I'm going to speak to LG about it.

arcadian2009

Standard Member
I ahd the same problem with my lg5010, the audio on normal sitcom/soaps was ok but when on a music channel it sounded as though the treble was coming thru water...
SET WAS EVENTUALLY REPLACED BY TEC GUYS, now have the LG42 LH4000 ,perfect pic&sound.
regards
ian

J4CK DANIELS

Novice Member
don't forget the audio on Multiplex D is usually pretty poor.... 128kbits compared to BBC1 for example at 256kbits and in stereo not joint mono.... just a thought... when I encode music into MP3 i'll never have it less than 192.

ceefour2007

Standard Member
What software do you have? Got the latest 3.15.00 on my pc if you want to try it on your LH4000?

How does this software differ from previous, other than it's newer, as I have 3.13 software on my TV.

Is it input via the usb port? Would it be possible to meil it me or will it be transmitted again soon?

Thanx

whc

Standard Member
How does this software differ from previous, other than it's newer, as I have 3.13 software on my TV.

Is it input via the usb port? Would it be possible to meil it me or will it be transmitted again soon?

Thanx
Don't know whats new, came from an older software, and this is faster at finding channels, else I have not found other improvements, just like having the latest software/firmware on my devices :).

You just trasfer the file to an usb stick, and plug it to yout tv while it is on, and a popup message should pop up.

If you wan't the softwar (only works for EU versions), then send me a PM ;).

Last edited:

ceefour2007

Standard Member
Just a little tip for anyone who has enabled the DivX playback on their LH4000. you can download h.264 files and the TV will play them. They are the same size as "normal" DivX files but look AWESOME!!:thumbsup:

It will also play.mkv files too but they are A LOT bigger.

If any body else has any nice little tips that they have found please post them!!

Blacksmith

Standard Member
First of all, hi all, i'm new here and it's my first post:)
I have a lot of questions concerning LH 4000:)

1. Did any of you have a ghostin/blur effect during playing on PS3? I have it on almost every game (Fifa09 - ball ghosting, Killzone 2 - crosshair ghosting, Mirror's Edge - everythin looks strange, especialy white subtitles and character during cut scenes, i don't know how to describe it but it looks like they have ragged aura around them).

2. My PS3 detects 1080p but BD Sin City displays in 1080i (TV shows it on info).

3. Last one for now, can you give ready-made settings for best quality for games (HDMI) and watching tv (SD).

Thanks in advance:thumbsup:

gfighter

Standard Member
Hi, been considering upgrading my lge42v7 plasma as i keep getting intermittent static on screen and I want some HD xbox360 gaming. I read nothing but good things and am really glad to hear divx playback is supported. I have 2 questions please;

1) What sound outputs does the set have. I read it has optical output, does it have the L and R, red&white output jacks?

2) Is .MKV sound&video playback supported? I use my xbox for video stream but .MKV playback is the one thing it lacks.

Thanks, in advance.

The best deal I have found is £679 from dabs.

J4CK DANIELS

Novice Member
1) What sound outputs does the set have. I read it has optical output, does it have the L and R, red&white output jacks?

Nope, you'd have to get analogue audio from the SCART if you need it.

2) Is .MKV sound&video playback supported? I use my xbox for video stream but .MKV playback is the one thing it lacks.

YES it is supported, after you have done the 'hack' in the service menu (don't touch anything else though!!)

Answers Above :hiya:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung S95B QD OLED Review - A Quantum Leap for OLED!
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

PSB Speakers unveils Passif 50 loudspeaker
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Samsung Gaming Hub goes live
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Huawei unveils FreeBuds Pro 2 true wireless earbuds
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Sony unveils Inzone gaming brand