The Official LG LH3000 LCD Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
¿So the info bar when i play my PS3 stating 1080p 60hz is a lie then?
huh.. maybe im wrong.
Im fairly certain the spec said 50Hz, although I think that was just some website listing, it doesn't even say on the official LG site.
And if so why does it not test for 60Hz support in the xbox menu instead of just 50?

I am confused.

huh.. maybe im wrong.
Im fairly certain the spec said 50Hz, although I think that was just some website listing, it doesn't even say on the official LG site.
And if so why does it not test for 60Hz support in the xbox menu instead of just 50?

I am confused.

In PAL regions TVs are advertised as 50Hz, 100Hz or 200Hz. In the US they are advertised as 60Hz, 120Hz or 240Hz. But a hdtv from both regions will output at both 50/60. It is just keeping the same standard that each region is used to due to the broadcasting standards.

Any problems you having with your 360 are because of the 360. This TV is most definitely a 50/60hz 1080p set and it plays perfectly with the PS3. I just did the image setting reset by holding the power button on the PS3 for a second and it automatically selected 1080p…and looks incredible!

There have been issues with Xbox resolutions, it doesn't choose 1080p for a lot of people, can't remember the reason though.

yeah im having the same problem

and monarch i dont suppose you can remember if ther was a solution?

Any problems you having with your 360 are because of the 360. This TV is most definitely a 50/60hz 1080p set and it plays perfectly with the PS3. I just did the image setting reset by holding the power button on the PS3 for a second and it automatically selected 1080p…and looks incredible!
Well that's good to know.

I'm still none the wiser as to why it doesnt automatically recognise my 1080p display. But there is a very simple solution... just set it to 1080p manually. And it does indeed look awesome :D

If you have a dull picture with the backlight so high you may have a problem.

Check your energy saving, dynamic contrast, gamma and brightness levels. as well as black level.

dull as in the colours, not the picture

if i put the colour up the detail on a specific colour gets affected. for example, the difference between dark red and bright red are nearly non existent. but when i turn the colour down the colours look dull. this is on HDMI btw

what color settings have you lot got?

Last edited:
nvm.. i think i got it looking right now

Bought the 32LH3000 just the other day. Love it so far. Great picture out of the box but did the setup wizard last night when I was very tired. Pretty sure it worked well enough though.

I'll probably do a proper calibration with a dvd at some point but we don't have a good DVD player right now, only this crappy Karaoke/dvd player because our main one is back in the States.

I'm currently letting it auto scan for channels as I downgraded the firmware to 3.15 and am about to do the USB hack. Can't wait ! I'll likely have a few other questions later on, but just wanted to say hi for now.

Doug:smashin:

I have done a grey level calibration within the limits of my own living room, using a Eye1 and the HCFR tools.
the lowest 0 ,10 contrasts were no good at all, but the remaining measurements done, was within 98-102% of rgb levels measured.

I still find the BtB not perfect, but maybe its just whát can be expected for the value.

CMS is not done on this.

<SNIP>

Hope you find these settings usefull.

Thanks for this, I notice a lot of motion blur with my 37LH3000 so will give these a go. I can't seem to find much other information on motion blur with these TV's and am starting to regret buying it because of the blur. It seems especially noticeable when going from dark to dark colours, eg black to dark blue or red. Is there anything that I can do on the PS3/Xbox 360 to alleviate this?

Looking for abit of advice,I'm looking to buy the LG 47LH3000 from Richer Sounds for £599.95.My only use for this tv is for gaming (xbox 360/ps3),has anyone experienced any motion blur and would you recomend (spelt wrong I think) this tv.Thanks in advance Andy.

Yes I experience motion blur on both the 360 and PS3 with my 37LH3000. It's disappointing since my Samsung 22" LCD monitor doesn't show the same issues, and it's rated at 5ms response too. Still looking for answers on how to resolve it. There's a review of this TV here which mentions it, but it's pretty low on details:

LG 47LH3000 47in LCD TV Review - TV Reviews - TrustedReviews

I still have an annoying background noise on my 32LH3000. Is there a fix for this?

Yes I experience motion blur on both the 360 and PS3 with my 37LH3000. It's disappointing since my Samsung 22" LCD monitor doesn't show the same issues, and it's rated at 5ms response too. Still looking for answers on how to resolve it. There's a review of this TV here which mentions it, but it's pretty low on details:

LG 47LH3000 47in LCD TV Review - TV Reviews - TrustedReviews

It's much much easier to see on large screens, I can't see much blurring on my grandparents L26X10, but on the technically superior L37S10 at a mates house I can see it quite clearly.

the amount of times iv sed that then went back and tweaked a few hours later lol

what settings are you using mate? just out of curiosity?

can you give me a template(expert mode)? i cant be bothered to write all the options down :p

I have done the USB hack by downgrading to the 3.15 firmware. I'm just curious to know if there is any point in reverting back to the 3.55 firmware ? Any extra features added with it ?

Doug

Does anyone know what the optimal settings are for the Xbox 360?

I've set it to 1080p but the writing on the controller menus is jagged...that can't be right.

Try setting the aspect ratio to 'just scan'

I have, but the menu when I press the "X" button in the middle of the pad still has mildly jagged writing.

Maybe I'm just being picky...is there any benchmark test?

Incidentally, the writing looks smoother on 1360x768 but I'm not sure the picture is...the differences are so miniscule!

Does anyone know the native resolution of the Xbox menu? If it's native to 720p then that could be the reason, it'll be scaled either way, but maybe the TV does it better.

can you give me a template(expert mode)? i cant be bothered to write all the options down :p

Picture Mode: Expert 2

Backlight:
Contrast:
Brightness:
HSharpness:
VSharpness:
Colour:
Advanced settings:

Dynamic Contrast:
Noise reduction:
Gamma:
Black level:
Colour Gamut:
Edge Enchancer:
Colour Filter:
Colour Temp:

Colour Management System:

Red colour:
Red tint:
Green colour:
Green tint:
blue colour:
blue tint:
Yellow colour:
Yellow tint:
Cyan colour:
Cyan tint:
Magenta colour:
Meganta tint:

Hi

Very happy with this tv for the bedroom and as its my first lcd i have what is probably a very stupid question :rolleyes:

When the screen is totally black its very dark in the centre of the screen but get's considerably lighter towards the edges.

Is this normal, just the nature of lcd?

Thanks in advance

Rob

Does anyone know the native resolution of the Xbox menu? If it's native to 720p then that could be the reason, it'll be scaled either way, but maybe the TV does it better.

I'm also not happy with its use as a monitor for both my laptop and pc.

No resolution looks good when connected to my desktop pc for some reason, and the maximum resolution my laptop looks good at is 1280x720 (although the maximum it seemingly accepts is 1360x768 - but this looks terrible).

Why is this? I've heard suggestions about my graphics card, but it's an NVIDIA 8600M GT, which I'd have thought would work at this resolution.

All computer connections are VGA btw, as opposed to DVI/HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom