The Official LG LD690 LCD Thread

I couldn't find this model in my local stores to view, but i wanted to know if it has any issues, such as reflections and juddering.

I couldn't find this model in my local stores to view, but i wanted to know if it has any issues, such as reflections and juddering.

No problems with reflections. Matt LCD rather than shiney glass of plasma.
Juddering - has 100hz trumotion. I've no issues using it. Lovely and smooth panning etc. Some switch it off. Seems pointless to do so as the screen judders when panning etc.
I can't rate it highly enough.
Good luck finding one though

thanks oakwood...are these pretty old models? I'm asking coz i couldn't find any reviews

Yes. Superseded by the 790 which is 200hz.
No official reviews anywhere I could find either
Just took the plunge and didn't regret it
Was £660 Inc 5yr guarantee at the time

Thanks mate. Just torn between this TV and a Panasonic G20 46" for £699.

Question..:

What is the max resolution you can stream/ watch the youtube on netcats. My lg see all the HD you tube videos at only 470*370 ...no HD at all..

any experience?

oakwood you know i'd still like to see your 47 690 in action, although im now used to my tv and would also rate it highly, i still see an issue with football.

why ever not? aren't we enthusiasts supposed to share our experiences and what not?

Question..:

What is the max resolution you can stream/ watch the youtube on netcats. My lg see all the HD you tube videos at only 470*370 ...no HD at all..

any experience?
I have had this explained to me, but I am by no means an expert. The source signal coming in to the TV may be in many different resolutions, for instance the Youtube vide at 470x370. The TV will up-scale the signal to 1080p, the TV panel is 1920x1080 pixels, so the TV must upscale the video to fit this resolution. Standard Definition TV in the UK is 576i, but it will be upscaled to 1080p by the TV.

However, that does not mean the content is HD. There is a useful article on Wikipedia about upscaling that may be of use

Video scaler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
esc4p3
Thank you ..
curious ..Why cannot see the you tube HD videos in full HD..? Where is the limitation? The bandwidth, the streaming, the youtube, the LG tv...???

I can't help thinking it is more a limitation of the portal server than the equipment in the home.

I have found that some YouTube videos that are in my favourites list on the PC are not accessible at all via my TV portal, even when logged in and all the other videos visible in my favourites list, or via a search. I can't explain it, except to assume there is some imposed limitation in the portal interface to YouTube that does not exist in a normal browser.

Not very helpful are you.

This is both rude and unhelpful also.

Why on earth would you expect another forum member to want you to come around to his own house at your own invitation.

Not very helpful are you.

This is both rude and unhelpful also.

Why on earth would you expect another forum member to want you to come around to his own house at your own invitation.

not trying to be unhelpful risheet, just a safety issue frankly
mrs would not be best pleased if i'd invited an online random into our home to watch tv

Hi, has anyone used a hard disc drive with this TV. Can anyone please advise whether it be an un-powered external HDD or does it have to be powered?

I've used a 2.5 Sata unpowered drive with mine.

Had my LD690 6 months and now the speakers have started to vibrate, even at low volume, same thing happened with a Samsung I had, this is why you pay the extra for Sony and Panasonic I suppose.

I'd get some external speakers but there's no room on the stand for them.

Hi all

just wondering if anyone has an idea where apart from LG Direct i can get a replacement stand for the 42ld690 as when we bought the tv it went straight on the wall and i can not find where we put the stand so need to buy a replacement. (got a feeling it has been thrown out when we moved) and am unable to put it on the wall in the new house aarrrghhh :mad:

any help or anyone selling a used stand please let me know

cheers chris

Mine has gone for repair, dead pixel problem.
However, does anybody use this TV for gaming? I ask because I would like to know what the response time is from anyone who is likely to know. On hotukdeals, members who own this TV claim it to be great for gaming, but there isn't much (if any) mention within this thread.

The 790 series is meant to be similar to this set, and that TV is said to be "terrible" for gaming with very bad input lag, which is no good for fast paced games such as Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

If somebody would kindly give me their experiences (and statistics if possible) I would be very grateful. This TV truly is awesome, but if it is bad for gaming then i'll have to rethink it. So I really do appreciate the input.

Thanks guys. :)

Hi all

just wondering if anyone has an idea where apart from LG Direct i can get a replacement stand for the 42ld690 as when we bought the tv it went straight on the wall and i can not find where we put the stand so need to buy a replacement. (got a feeling it has been thrown out when we moved) and am unable to put it on the wall in the new house aarrrghhh :mad:

any help or anyone selling a used stand please let me know

cheers chris

If it's the same as a 32LD690 stand I can help.

could've sworn there are many posts re gaming. I've done a few. Set is perfectly fine for gaming. Played mw2 black ops etc no probs. Anyone blaming tv lag should look at themselves first IMHO. As for using rock band as a lag test ha ha. That is all based on human reaction times as much as anything. So not accurate at all.
I play all types of games via hdmi on 360 on and offline no issues. Tekken. FIFA. Ice hockey. Basketball. Blitz. Etc etc

Just my opinion though.
There are that many issues with online gaming and server lag so whether a tv can help or hinder who knows.
I'm 100% happy here :)

Mine has gone for repair, dead pixel problem.
However, does anybody use this TV for gaming? I ask because I would like to know what the response time is from anyone who is likely to know. On hotukdeals, members who own this TV claim it to be great for gaming, but there isn't much (if any) mention within this thread.

The 790 series is meant to be similar to this set, and that TV is said to be "terrible" for gaming with very bad input lag, which is no good for fast paced games such as Marvel Vs. Capcom 3.

If somebody would kindly give me their experiences (and statistics if possible) I would be very grateful. This TV truly is awesome, but if it is bad for gaming then i'll have to rethink it. So I really do appreciate the input.

Thanks guys. :)

quick update
connected my laptop to the tv today, googled a tv lag tester timer and ran it and took some pics - deleted them now sorry
100ms in std modes
80ms in game mode
shocking i know, but i swear i have no problems playing any games online and hold my own or better on most FPS games
anyone else want to spare 5 mins of their time to do a comparison lag test ?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom