The Official LG LD550 LCD Thread

I have same problem. I bought this TV because network capabilities. Also I bought LG wifi usb dongle and can't use it. There are no network option on main menu where should i configure wireless parameters.

I saw that there are some wireless options in service menu, but should i enable disabled options. If anyone know possible solutions about this problem, please post.

Thanks in advance.

I have same problem. I bought this TV because network capabilities. Also I bought LG wifi usb dongle and can't use it. There are no network option on main menu where should i configure wireless parameters.

I saw that there are some wireless options in service menu, but should i enable disabled options. If anyone know possible solutions about this problem, please post.

Thanks in advance.

I almost sure, that you SHOULD enable the wifi settings @ the service menu.. let's try and post here, was it successfull? :):clap:

here are the related service menu page:
IMG_6413.JPG

Last edited:
Can someone verify that it's safe to turn on WiFi from Tool Option 5 on ld550(eu)? Does it work? Any info on the subject?

(sry kufi, "almost sure" does not sound very convincing to me)

Last edited:
Can someone verify that it's safe to turn on WiFi from Tool Option 5 on ld550(eu)? Does it work? Any info on the subject?

(sry kufi, "almost sure" does not sound very convincing to me)

mmika.. it's your turn, you can try it, because you've the stick... :) i haven't find any at Hungary yet :(

OK, so i just bought a new TV, LG LD550- 120hz

I was very excited to set up my pc, and stream amazing 1080P videos, however im getting some glitchy framerates. Every so often the video will do this minor skip, and it happens at random times. I have my pc hooked up via HDMI at 1920x1080.

Now ive been doing some serious troubleshooting, of course starting with my pc. Ive swapped out multiple video cards, 3 different ones, but am sticking with xfx 5770, as the others have all produced the same framerate problem. My pc also is 6 months old with a phenom x4 chip, 4gb ram...its plenty powerful to do HD video. The glitches still happen even playing low quality divx videos.

Now while watching movies on my 22" LCD PC monitor the videos play perfectly smooth, so i ruled out its not my PC. I even tried hooking up my pc through all different hdmi ports, and the vga port in the TV..and the same results happen.

Now i decided to try out the TV's built in video player from USB, that does divx, mkv etc...and the videos play PERFECT. Even when i turn on trumotion the videos are as smooth as can be, but again using my PC via hdmi, the videos have this annoying glitch when trumotion is on or off.

Why cant my tv play videos from my pc smoothly. Isnt it just another monitor? I really want to use my pc so i can use XBMC, its driving me crazy!

My only conclusion is the tv is doing some frame processing on its own and it gets out of synch with my PC video feed, and that is where the frames drop and become glitchy. Its very annoying, shouldnt my tv function perfect with an HTPC?

Thanks in advance.

Am a new owner of a 42LD550 too
I can confirm for european owners that when connecting to pc, connect to HDMI1, and set refresh rate to 50hz. Seems to fix the problem in 1080p60Hz where every now and then there s a small jump. Tested on xbmc with HD4650 1GB. Also it fixes the info title when setting input to PC showing resolution as 1920x1080@60Hz. Also it enables Just Scan, Cinema Zoom and all Picture settings for PC label, not accesible if PC resolution is 1080p60Hz. I might also try it on GMA 3100.
Also if you connect through RGB and have faulty image, had both with windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.04, you dont need to use DTD Calculator, just enter Screen menu from Picture menu on your LD550 and Auto Config.

Will also try settings for RGB Studio, Full, and YCbCr 4:4:2 and 4:2:0

Last edited:
EDIT:
for the frame jump for people connecting PC through HDMI/DVI @ 1080p60Hz, and you don't want to use 50Hz
If you force 59Hz it fixes the issue, not entirely but its much better
for Windows 7 right click on desktop ---> screen resolution ----> advanced settings ----> Monitor Tab ----> Screen Refresh rate:
set to 59 Hertz, Click Apply, Ok

Last edited:
^^ yep those advices work

such a annoying problem though. normal TV is smooth as hell so it must be a problem with the inputs

nothing official but i think its pretty bad.

i get some jerkyness in Rock Band 2, not sure if thats input lag. but the calibration in RB2 gave a video lag of like 90ms!

So I bought myself an LG LD550 (42"), seems to be European model. The vendor listed NetCast as a feature > no sign of this. So I bought an LG AN-WF100 Usb stick.

- When it is not plugged, the "USB" button in the menu is grayed out
- When it is plugged in, it says "USB" with a WiFi logo in the corner, still grayed out.

I already read here and on the website of LG US/Netherlands that this feature is not available on the European models.

My question is (I browsed almost all of the pages here to find out), is there a way to enable this? Is it safe to upgrade to an American firmware? Will it break my TV? Where can I download it?
Model: 42LD550-ZC
Firmware (out of the box): 03.03.11

Thanks in advance.

So I bought myself an LG LD550 (42"), seems to be European model. The vendor listed NetCast as a feature > no sign of this. So I bought an LG AN-WF100 Usb stick.

- When it is not plugged, the "USB" button in the menu is grayed out
- When it is plugged in, it says "USB" with a WiFi logo in the corner, still grayed out.

I already read here and on the website of LG US/Netherlands that this feature is not available on the European models.

My question is (I browsed almost all of the pages here to find out), is there a way to enable this? Is it safe to upgrade to an American firmware? Will it break my TV? Where can I download it?
Model: 42LD550-ZC
Firmware (out of the box): 03.03.11

Thanks in advance.

you should read back only 1 page ;) we're not sure, but almost sure, that you can only turn on Wifi at service menu, here:
IMG_6413.JPG

Thanks, I saw those screenshots, so it seems to be the solution indeed.
Issue: tried booting up one of my old phones with IR (running Symbian), had irRemote on that, but it's really broken :) What's the easiest way to access the service menu? Also, will I still need the stick (before I send it back to get a refund)?

i used my old fujitsu n560 pda's irda port, to turn on.

Allright, so I have a universal remote, so I assume I have to send some code to the IR port on the TV to access the menu - so all I need is the right code and I should be fine.

BTW thanks for the quick replies, this is a better customer care than LG's :D

the other way to use a serial cable and a terminal software (hyperterminal). i think, the 'original' lg hack site disappeared from the Internet :(

Allright, but I'll try the infrared way.. what's the code/procedure to access the menu then?

Allright, but I'll try the infrared way.. what's the code/procedure to access the menu then?

i donno, because at my pda's software, i downloaded a special lg codebase, which has got a "service menu" button, so i had only press this at my pda.

Anybody? What happened with the lg hack guide site? :(

Found a lot of references to the site indeed, I try to read as much as possible using Google's cache...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom