The Official LG LD550 LCD Thread

Member 300569

Presenting the LG LD550 LCD TV. Available in a variety of sizes from 32-60”, the LD550 is the biggest LCD available from LG this year!

LD550-L75-1.jpg

LD550 (32, 42, 46, 52 & 60”)
Features:
• Full HD 1080p
• TruMotion 100Hz
• 70,000 : 1 Dynamic Contrast Ratio
• Picture Wizard II
• Intelligent Sensor
• Invisible Speaker (10W + 10W)
• Clear Voice II
• Smart Energy Saving Plus
• Wireless AV Link
• USB 2.0 (MP3, Jpeg play)
• 3 x HDMI

The LG LD550 LCD TV series provides Full HD 1080p picture quality with TruMotion 100Hz and built in freeview with great connectivity including 3 HDMI and a USB connection for playback of your favourite pictures and videos.

The LD550 has an estimated release date of April

Izak80

Is this a LED backlit lcd, som sites suggest that but i'm not sure?

J4CK DANIELS

Is this a LED backlit lcd, som sites suggest that but i'm not sure?
Anything that starts with:

LD = LCD
LE = LED
LX = 3D (?)
PK = FullHD Plasma
PJ = HD Ready Plasma

:)

Izak80

Anything that starts with:

LD = LCD
LE = LED
LX = 3D (?)
PK = FullHD Plasma
PJ = HD Ready Plasma

:)

Thanks for the infor Hyperboy :thumbsup: LD550. is that this years replacement for last years LH4000/LH5000 models?

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the infor Hyperboy :thumbsup: LD550. is that this years replacement for last years LH4000/LH5000 models?

Going by the summary thread it looks like the replacement for the LH4000, it’s entry level 100Hz (and not 200Hz) and doesn’t have all the extra features.

Izak80

Going by the summary thread it looks like the replacement for the LH4000, it’s entry level 100Hz (and not 200Hz) and doesn’t have all the extra features.

I'm just waiting for a review. As said in another tread i think my choice i narrowed down to PQ6000 (as we talked about in another tread Monarch), PJ550 or LD550. Eventhough it's tempting to place an order on a PQ6000 i'll just have to endure at least to mid April.

Izak80

Yep, I can confirm this is direct replacement of lh4000.

Hope it's improved in some aspects. mainly contrast and black levels, compared to the LH4000. Although LH4000 is one of the lcds which impressed me the most in it's prizerange. The guide prize mentioned, £675 for a 32", seems a bit high to be honest. Here in Sweden you can preorder it through Pixmania for 7371 sek, about £684, and that is the 42".

Last edited:

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Hope it's improved in some aspects. mainly contrast and black levels, compared to the LH4000. Although LH4000 is one of the lcds which impressed me the most in it's prizerange. The guide prize mentioned, £675 for a 32", seems a bit high to be honest. Here in Sweden you can preorder it through Pixmania for 7371 sek, about £684, and that is the 42".

The retail prices and real prices are always very different, the 42PQ6000 for example was £620 when it was first released (which I believe is below the RRP), since it’s been available for under £400 at times.

Izak80

The retail prices and real prices are always very different, the 42PQ6000 for example was £620 when it was first released (which I believe is below the RRP), since it's been available for under £400 at times.

Your probably right. 42" is minimum for me. I'm looking alot at the 50PQ3000 which is a very affordable tv but more important 50". And from what i understand has basically the same "hardware" as the PQ6000 just without the "single layer" design.

Monarch

Distinguished Member
Your probably right. 42" is minimum for me. I'm looking alot at the 50PQ3000 which is a very affordable tv but more important 50". And from what i understand has basically the same "hardware" as the PQ6000 just without the "single layer" design.

Without the single layer design, some of the USB functionality, and with less powerful speakers, that’s pretty much it.

Izak80

I wonder which intenetsite will be the first to review the LD550.

Last edited:

Izak80

Anyone got the LD550 yet (preferably the 42 inch or larger) and can write a quick review of it?

Last edited:
M

MSF

I wonder if the LD550 series has a different LCD panel from last year LH4000 and LH5000.

I'm saying this because it has different response time:

LH4000: 3ms
LH5000: 2ms
LD550: 2.4ms

Izak80

The LD550 has been on sale on Pixmania for about a month now but haven't seen any reviews of it yet. Still waiting impatiently to see if it's sports any improvement over lasts years LH4000.

ampereaeds

Standard Member
Team,
Could somebody help me? I have 42LD550 LCD. I have NetCast connection problems. When I tried to connect YouTube or Picasa by NetCast, shows me "Connection Error, Tried Again" popup error after 30 seconds. Please, somebody knows How can I fix this problem?

StraightOn

Standard Member
Team,
Could somebody help me? I have 42LD550 LCD. I have NetCast connection problems. When I tried to connect YouTube or Picasa by NetCast, shows me "Connection Error, Tried Again" popup error after 30 seconds. Please, somebody knows How can I fix this problem?
Did you check your internet settings on your router or modem? Try disabeling any firewall on your router and setting and make sure DHCP is enabeled.

And if the problem than still occurs try to find out what te IP adres is the TV uses, and put that in as a DMZ on your router (temporary). When it has something to do with port forwarding or firewall this will solve it. Note that it probably isn't the best idea to leave your firewall off and DMZ host on. But it might help you configure out the correct settings :)

Anyways I have also ordered an LD550 TV, the 46LD550, but it seems that in Europe the TV doesn't have a LAN or Wireless connection possibility and therefore no Netcast of any kind of internet stuff is available. It also seems that USB Video support is not available when I look at the LG specs of the European (mainland) LD550 TV's.

I hope I will get my TV next week and then I can tell you all about the European rumours that have been going around about this TV. Official and advertized specs differ on a number of thing quite substantially...

ddoonan

Standard Member
I really hope someone can figure out if divx playback is possible on this model.

OK/OK & Menu/Menu don't work for me

StraightOn

Standard Member
Thanks StraightOn,
But the problems still exists, :(
Please give me another idea.
Best regards,
I wish I could, I'm still waiting on my LD550 TV, more almost 3 weeks now, while it should have been delivered allready...

I hope I can tell you something about the divx playback aswell...

note: I'm (probably) getting a European model (100Hz PAL) and specs seem to differ from the asian and anglo/american models...

StraightOn

Standard Member
Can we confirm that it is impossible to add divx playback to this model?
Depends, where are you from so what regional model you have? Like I pointed out there seem to be some differences in the specs between Anglo-American models and European models. The American model seem to support Divx playback and EU models don't.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN800B 8K TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Samsung unveils Galaxy Z Flip 4 and Fold 4 smartphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
Movies Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Casimir Harlow
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 8th August 2022
  • By Phil Hinton