::::::.. The Official HTC Flyer Discussion Thread....::::::

Jay Z

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I thought to start off the discussion on the new HTC Flyer Tablet, the first Android Tablet by HTC with a 7" screen and some features which has a wow factor:

HTC Flyer Android Tablet Specs

• Android 2.3 OS(Gingerbread)
  • 1.5GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor
  • 7-inch capacitive multi-touch sensitive TFT screen with 1024 X 600 resolution
  • 1 GB of RAM , 32 GB of internal storage and Micro SD memory card support
  • 5 megapixel camera with auto focus on back side and front-facing 1.3 megapixel camera
  • Audio Playback: aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9) For Recording; .amr, .aac
  • Video Playback: 3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3) For Recording; .3gp
  • Battery Capacity 4000 mAh Standby time up to 8 to 14 hours Video Playback up to 4 hours
  • Network: HSPA/WCDMA: 900/AWS/2100 MHz Upload speed of up to 5.76 Mbps and download speed of up to 14.4 Mbps Quad-band GSM/GPRS/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
  • Bluetooth 3.0 with A2DP for wireless stereo headsets,Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g/n, 3.5 mm stereo audio jack, micro USB 2.0
  • Internal GPS antenna with navigation system
  • GPS Sensors, Ambient light sensor, G-Sensor Digital compass, Accelerometer
  • Dimensions (LxWxT): 195.4 x 122 x 13.2 mm
  • Weight: Around 415 grams with battery
I am a little surprised that the camera is only 5MP, I don't know if that is a bad thing in comparison with the HTC DHD which as a 8MP camera. Although this is a tablet so this should be a good camera still?

What do you guys think?

Are you interested in getting this tab when it's out in Q2?

Regards,

Jay

My thoughts:-

For me, 7" is too small for a tablet. A good phone with a 4.3" screen is plenty of carrying around and about, but 7" for me is just too small for using around the house, doesn't feel like a huge upgrade from a large screened phone. 10" is the ideal size for a tablet.

Android 2.3 is not a tablet OS either, so it wouldn't interest me there either.

Also not sure I see the point in a camera on a tablet (well maybe a front facing one).

As you can probably tell, I'm not really too interested in this one. Maybe if it had Android 3.0 it might have been more interesting.

A closer look, promo video showing some of the features, I think it looks quite good, especially the taking notes and writing things on web pages, book or notes. Imagine being able to replace your note book ( pen & paper) for a tablet that could do it all and more...

Did I hear somewhere that this will also get Honeycome aswell? 3.0?

YouTube - HTC Flyer - A Closer Look

Last edited:
Would definately want one but not at the prices quoted so far.

I have been waiting for it, but at £500 it is too much!

My galaxy tab will havevto soldier on until honeycomb and a price drop hits the flyer...

I have been waiting for it, but at £500 it is too much!

As has become clear over the last 18-months, this is the price you pay for a good tablet, regardless of manufacturer and OS. A good tablet experience isn't cheap, but if you need it, it's worth it.

You really, really notice the difference with the cheapo brands.

As has become clear over the last 18-months, this is the price you pay for a good tablet, regardless of manufacturer and OS. A good tablet experience isn't cheap, but if you need it, it's worth it.

You really, really notice the difference with the cheapo brands.

I think £500 is just too much! I mean even apple sell tablets for less!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom