The Official AVForums Modified Car thread...Let's have a few more!

alexs2

As there has been a bit of interest in a couple of other threads from members who've pimped their rides so to speak,here's the official addition to the car showrooms for those of who've done just that.

alexs2

Copied from the BHP thread.

lovegroova said:
More weight over the nose? ;)

Seriously, it could be an interesting/amusing thread, go for it!

I'm currently "refreshing" my 8 year old/100k mile S2000 - new roof, new clutch/flywheel, currently having some rust sorted and a full respray. Just added some Gaz coilovers and changed the wheels a few years ago for some lighter forged BBS items that were an option on the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM) cars.

That's pretty much it. the biggest performance improvements have been carried out on the driver, with lots of training, both on the road and on circuits - this offers far and away the best performance improvements for the money.

(Feel free to move this to the new thread if you like)

kayzee

Ahh... you opened it, jolly good. Just pasted my cars into the other thread but to get this going I might as well chuck them in here as well!

2003 Impreza STI PPP 305bhp
Prodrive wheels (18")
Carbon fibre splitter
Carbon fibre mudflaps
Carbon fibre rear numberplate surround
Carbon fibre exhaust surround
Tien adjustable coilvers
Morette headlights
Full Defi gauges

1988 Renault 5 GT Turbo
Turbine wheels (15")
Gaz adjustable coilvers
Side exit exhaust
Full Samco hose kit

I'll change the photos for something better eventually

ProgUK

^ Very nice indeed! Don't see many 5 GTT's around any more. Had a red 88 myself for a couple of years, great little hot hatch.

alexs2

Good to get the thread going. :)

The list on mine so far is:

kWv3 suspension
Haldex race diff controller
VWRacing brake kit
ATP GT3071 turbo kit
High pressure fuel pump
ITG intake
Milltek exhaust
Software...Revo Stage 3

All installed by AMD Essex.

And before anyone asks why I didnt get a TT-RS or wait for the RS3.....RS3 has turned out to be late,lardy,and a 5 door,whereas the excellent TT-RS isn't a hatchback.
Besides which,this car is good fun right now.

Qactuar

Distinguished Member
Here are a few of the other bits on mine...

The engine doesn't look pretty,but it's tough enough,and good for about 440bhp currently,with the potential for a bit more.

The brakes,suspension and diff controller have all been uprated,so it goes pretty well,and doesn't chase hedges and ditches.
Looks good - and er ... expensive!

The only modifying mine is going to get hopefully before the end of the year, is some weight removal. Mainly in the many, many layers of dirt and salt that seem to be weighing it down!

alexs2

Looks good - and er ... expensive!

The only modifying mine is going to get hopefully before the end of the year, is some weight removal. Mainly in the many, many layers of dirt and salt that seem to be weighing it down!
Wasn't cheap unfortunately!

People often ask why others do this to cars when they could perhaps go and buy a faster one from stock...I looked at what I could get that still had sufficient space,and had the performance etc,and was left with very few choices.

The RS3 hadn't surfaced,and now that it has,it's got 5 dorrs,and weighs a fair bit more than I'd thought,the TT-RS doesn't have the interior space,and so on...

This now runs better than it did from the showroom,is quieter and smoother,and has excellent performance...and still costs less than a fully loaded RS3....plus it's fun.

DVD-Man

Here are a few of the other bits on mine...

The engine doesn't look pretty,but it's tough enough,and good for about 440bhp currently,with the potential for a bit more.

The brakes,suspension and diff controller have all been uprated,so it goes pretty well,and doesn't chase hedges and ditches.
Do you have any pics of what all this shiney stuff goes in Alex?

I might have missed your post where you revealed the car itself.

Liam

qwerty321

Will look one out...it's an Audi S3....and actually clean in this picture.
I always imagined it to be blue and the older model!

Probably because there is a barryed up one in the area like it.

Yours looks good though, no exterior mods that seem apparent to me which is always good.

alexs2

I always imagined it to be blue and the older model!

Probably because there is a barryed up one in the area like it.

Yours looks good though, no exterior mods that seem apparent to me which is always good.
There are more barried pieces of junk in the south than you can possibly imagine!

I've never put anything on my cars that doesnt improve the performance,and I hate trolleys with huge exhausts.

kenmac21

This is my mate car that we work on all year, winter prep for the next season then race it spring & summer :smashin:

qwerty321

:eek:

What's the 0-60 on that beast?

alexs2

What a lovely beast.

Will you be at Santa Pod in the coming year?.....I'm going to be there at the FIA round with my petrol-mad son.

Would be a pleasure to meet you there.

TopMeTom

Banned
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who does the paintwork for you Ken? Through work I have the pleasure of working with Neil of Prosign! Some of his stuff is awesome!

SteveTDCI

I'll get some pics up, but for me ....

Mk2 Leon Cupra, in red with alloys painted satin black, lowered on Eibach sportlines, BSH PCV mod, Green panel filter and STg1 superchips map, it also has the seat sport rear spoiler and milltek non res cat back.

Future mods, change the wheels, do something with the stereo, go to Jabba stage2, uprate the fuel pump, change to coilovers or H&R cup shocks and springs. Also Sports Cat is on the list.

The wifes, 2003 TT 225 roadster, Milltek resonated cat back, Jabbasport remap, votex alloys.

alexs2

I'll get some pics up, but for me ....

Mk2 Leon Cupra, in red with alloys painted satin black, lowered on Eibach sportlines, BSH PCV mod, Green panel filter and STg1 superchips map, it also has the seat sport rear spoiler and milltek non res cat back.

Future mods, change the wheels, do something with the stereo, go to Jabba stage2, uprate the fuel pump, change to coilovers or H&R cup shocks and springs. Also Sports Cat is on the list.

The wifes, 2003 TT 225 roadster, Milltek resonated cat back, Jabbasport remap, votex alloys.
Nice list of work there for both!

Have you ever considered trying Revo for the next remap?

You'd certainly need the sports cat for any further BHP increases,and the intake would also need changing,from the panel filter to a larger cold air intake.

SteveTDCI

I have considered Revo but Jabba are local and they pick the car up from my drive :) I'd never want to mess with the settings so that rules out some of the benefits of Revo, and by the time you add the switch which from what i understand is needed if you ever take the battery off it starts to get expensive, i think Jabba are £450 for a custom map.

I have looked at intakes but for what i want i'll probably stick with the panel filter. Oh and an uprated clutch is on the list too :)

alexs2

I have considered Revo but Jabba are local and they pick the car up from my drive :) I'd never want to mess with the settings so that rules out some of the benefits of Revo, and by the time you add the switch which from what i understand is needed if you ever take the battery off it starts to get expensive, i think Jabba are £450 for a custom map.

I have looked at intakes but for what i want i'll probably stick with the panel filter. Oh and an uprated clutch is on the list too :)
Fair comment,and very good service.

Trending threads

Latest news

BritBox adds Channel 5 and Comedy Central to roster
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 23rd Sept - Spears and Munsil
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published