The Official AVForums Car Showroom Thread Pt3

I've never had a proper 'performance car' before - just a couple of quick-ish cars in my youth (Renault 5 GT Turbo, and Dutton Phaeton kit car)..... I do very few miles, so having another diesel doesn't make sense, and our next main car (for my wife) will most likely be an EV of some sort. So before that happens, it's time to have one last 'hurrah'! Sticking two fingers up to the environmentalists before we all get assimilated...... ;)

So, a new, to me, toy. It has obviously been someone else's weekend fun machine, as despite being 8 years old, it has less than 20,000 miles on the clock. Just two owners, a pair of brothers, (so just a one family car).....

View attachment 1212395
View attachment 1212396

3.7 litre NA V6 - it's no slouch. Sure, there are faster cars out there - but this is back to basics, hair on your chest, hang on for dear life sort of stuff! Immense fun to be had on the twisty turnies up here in the North Pennines! :D

Oh, and I have a few mods waiting in the wings to make her sing a little more - I've informed the insurance company already, and they're not interested in anything that produces less than a 10% power gain - so I have a spare 32 horses to find before that becomes bothersome! ;)

HFC's should be here tomorrow! :smashin:
Nice one family owned Zed you've found there.
A history like that is hard to find.
Nissan really did a good job on the zed design.
Even the 370z OEM wheels look amazing and stand out from the crowd.

its not real thats just a template I use on all photos of my own cars online. I don't want my real number plate to be visible as it makes it easy pickings for cloning, thieves and such.
This used to be a major concern on here, and we used to recommend people disguise them. But given you can now pop on Thames Valley Trader (for example) and see this:
1578257123518.png

and 99 other 2019 cars it's probably less of an issue. But do disguise yours if you want to :thumbsup:

We have a lowly Polo Beats in our family and it's great fun to drive. I can only imagine what it must be like with twice the power!
I actually thought the 1.0 115Bhp drove better for everyday usage. I certainly wasn’t expecting that.

ive been after one of these for a while and just before Christmas I decided why not.ive had 2 v60s in the past with no probs and so far this has been great.comfort wise its lovely.
101CF3FD-CD07-4040-AD44-CD8C39C4986C.jpeg
0D288D93-4A49-4608-9FC6-53CA5EED55A4.jpeg

Duuuuude, Nice!

Gonna see if I can test drive one in the next two weeks. As well as a S2000.

If I didn't need to drive as much as I do, I would no doubt have an old skool performance car. I#m still hankering after another EP3 Type R or S2000, as well as a Mk2 Golf GTI 16v... :D

Cant remember the last time I saw one either. Wasnt a fan of the orange but my god it looks incredible in that lighting above.

I installed these GT2RS intake scoops and side skirts on my Porsche TTS!!
Also just had this steering wheel built to my specs and will be receiving it shortly.
I'm getting pretty good switching out steering wheels - LOL....

49380765083_031410b2b3_b.jpg

49381422527_01d7727a50_b.jpg

49380489446_7f14859fab_o.jpg>

I installed these GT2RS intake scoops and side skirts on my Porsche TTS!!
Also just had this steering wheel built to my specs and will be receiving it shortly.
I'm getting pretty good switching out steering wheels - LOL....

49380765083_031410b2b3_b.jpg

49381422527_01d7727a50_b.jpg

49380489446_7f14859fab_o.jpg>

Looks a pretty comfortable steering wheel!

A couple of the current toys. A Nissan/Datsun B11 coupe with a Saab turbo engine fitted (not by me) and a PAO that is currently up on my lift waiting for the engine to come out so we can stick in a relatively straight swap 1.2 Micra engine.

Daily is a Cupra 290, but I have no pics because, well, it looks like everything else lol.

PAODATSUN.jpg

Love an old skool ride. Wish I had more mechanical know how to run something like this.

I have a Lotus exige s2 with various modifications including supercharger.

It looks a lot like this :

BlytonPark-483.jpg

ohyes.jpg

It drives so well. You can drive it like a regular car ( its a 1.8l from a Celica ) and it will return decent MPG and it perfect around town or you can hoon it and its a riot

New to the forum, this is my MG ZR160.

IMG_20190629_111644.jpg

It’s done 89,000 but got full history and is pretty near immaculate. It’s been well looked after so I’m happy!

It’s all I could afford for now so beggars can’t be choosers. Was made redundant last week and not paid (claiming some back from gov) and decided to go it alone now.

The plastics in the back are mint and not all a scuffed etc so think it’s been a mile muncher.

Here is my weekend and school run car don’t drive it as it Much or designed for but for me it ticks all the right boxes. Also as the world nears the electric only and gone will be the combustion engine it will be a relic from a past days. Not a turbo in sight or fancy electronics it’s car that that has certain ethos of what sports car should be for the road and track when required. In the next 10-20 years I will hand to my kids if it’s worth more than I had paid today they can enjoy it !
A6FFD78D-1F31-4B51-803E-ADB426197F95.jpeg

Always wanted the Evora. Just slightly out of my price range. Great car bud.

Thanks
It will be the last of the truly affordable analogue cars you will be able to buy with that Lotus ethos of adding lightness
Sports cars in the next years will be part electric which no doubt be fantastic performance but will lack a little soul ? Just my opinion

I'll be making sure I get another Lotus before they kill them off. Took an Evora 400 for a test drive and it was a beast, sport mode and the noise it makes has everyone turning their heads. With all Lotus they hit a bottom price and never really lose anymore money.

Your right that lotus will hit a bottom price but I think and wonder with advent of electric only cars and even hydrogen cars these won’t be same as petrol engine driven cars ? Maybe I am dinosaur but I wonder will the prices start to rise once they hit the bottom ? With the Evora you have the added exclusivity as only a few hundred were sold hence I prefer the lotus to Porsche as you see then regularly on the road

You're going to have to be handy with a spanner in the future. If production of petrol engined cars stop by 2035. Who are going to stock spare parts for your Evora ? Enjoy them while we can.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom