The Official AVForums Car Showroom Thread Pt3

The M cars are a nice mix of presence, aggression and usability - I think the current gen M3 and M4 look super (and sound much better than you'd expect for a forced induction 6 pot). Great colour combination on the convertible :thumbsup:

In a tedious link, I had a visit to Cotswold BMW & Mini at the weekend. I've never seen a showroom like it, very impressive. We went there purely because SWMBO wants a Mini. I left there thinking I could daily a JCW, and I've never been a fan of the Beemer Mini... awesome little thing.
First time I've seen the new M5, it's incredibly understated - thought it was a 530d initially :facepalm:.

Mate lives up there and said they (Cotswold BMW) were doing an 'M Performance day' one day this weekend just gone. I'm not really a fan of the how the M5 looks :( It just doesn't look anywhere near aggressive enough for me :(

That makes sense now, they a bunch of M3's, M4's, and an M5 outside on test drives. Competition pack on a few of them, not really my thing though. A tastefully specced M2 hits the spot though :thumbsup:

That makes sense now, they a bunch of M3's, M4's, and an M5 outside on test drives. Competition pack on a few of them, not really my thing though. A tastefully specced M2 hits the spot though :thumbsup:
I'd like to test drive an M3/M4, just to see how much it has over mine power-wise :eek:

Meanwhile back on planet earth , my new daily !!!
1523988417141.jpg

Had ours for a couple months now
IMG_20180224_125119_zpsuo3povwq.jpg

Had ours for a couple months now
IMG_20180224_125119_zpsuo3povwq.jpg
You must have got that just as the minor facelift came out , what engine ? , I've gone from the 1.5 to 1.6dci , definitely an improvement in refinement !!

Last edited:
Yes its before the ProPilot ready version, was actually a pre reg from September that's been sitting around but got a very good lease deal.
Its a manual 1.2 Dig-T with glass roof pack.

If you haven't already considered it I'd recommend the mudflaps, makes a big difference keeping the sides clean.

Yes its before the ProPilot ready version, was actually a pre reg from September that's been sitting around but got a very good lease deal.
Its a manual 1.2 Dig-T with glass roof pack.

If you haven't already considered it I'd recommend the mudflaps, makes a big difference keeping the sides clean.
Can't be a pre-registration from September , they have only just started pumping them out as a facelift with the new wheels and shark fin aerial for a month or so , I see them going down the line every day lol , whatever , the facelift is better in any case [emoji106]

Its a J11B which they released around july last year I believe, mines registered 31/09/2018. The latest minor facelift version has only just started to hit the streets, not sure of any real changes apart from being ProPilot ready and having a round nose badge compared to the trapezoid badge.

Its a J11B which they released around july last year I believe, mines registered 31/09/2018. The latest minor facelift version has only just started to hit the streets, not sure of any real changes apart from being ProPilot ready and having a round nose badge compared to the trapezoid badge.
I need to check my facts more clearly lol [emoji16]

New car picked up yesterday. Volvo V90 T4 petrol, 190bhp 4cyl in R-design trim. I'm over the moon with it.

SmartSelect_20180418-161721_Gallery.jpg

20180418_142314.jpg

Screenshot_20180418-161909_Gallery.jpg

Nice little touch with the box for the keys, which are wrapped in a lovely perforated soft nappa leather

SmartSelect_20180418-161606_Gallery.jpg

Quality of materials are sublime

Screenshot_20180418-161531_Gallery.jpg

Volvo pinched the chief designer of Bentley, and he designed this interior

Screenshot_20180418-161544_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20180418-161522_Gallery.jpg

20180418_144231.jpg

The night time lighting is very nice too, and highly configurable

20180418_211205.jpg

20180418_211350.jpg

I'm in love!

New car picked up yesterday. Volvo V90 T4 petrol, 190bhp 4cyl in R-design trim. I'm over the moon with it.

View attachment 1006863

View attachment 1006864

View attachment 1006865

Nice little touch with the box for the keys, which are wrapped in a lovely perforated soft nappa leather

View attachment 1006866

View attachment 1006868

View attachment 1006869

View attachment 1006870

View attachment 1006876

View attachment 1006877

View attachment 1006878

I'm in love!
I’ve never been in a Volvo until now, I am really impressed. It looks amazing.

View attachment 1006863

View attachment 1006864

View attachment 1006865

View attachment 1006866

View attachment 1006868

View attachment 1006869

View attachment 1006870

View attachment 1006876

View attachment 1006877

View attachment 1006878

I'm in love!
That looks very nice indeed:)

The current crop of Volvos are genuinely wonderful - the new V60, V90, XC60 and XC90 are brilliant in all respects, and it's just nice to see Volvo get their mojo back; they had a few years where they seemed to be drift off and not exercise that ability to blend Swedish style and function.

That V90's excellent, SD. Great spec by the look of it :thumbsup:
It's been a while since you can throw them into the mix when it came to picking a new daily when compared to Audi, BMW and Merc. These days though, they come with more toys, for less money, they are better looking IMO (who doesn't like a car with Thor's hammer headlights?) and they feel special to be in. The seats are comfortable on a level I've not experienced in many cars.

Only the new A6 Avant can hold a candle to the V90, and even then I think the V90's got more charm and makes more sense :smashin:

Thanks all, I'm really chuffed with it :)

You've hit the nail on the head Chevy. They are firmly competing with the German camp now, and they hold their place with some generous spec for less money, making them a relative bargain like for like.

I'll not type out all the standard kit but it's very very long. Full led headlights standard across the range, semi autonomous driving plus class leading extensive safety suite features all standard, even on basic momentum trim.

Inscription and r design take a generous standard spec and add a ton more kit.

Merging onto the motorway and letting the car drive me the 20 miles home in rush hour traffic is something that needs to be experienced. All the stress/annoyance of rush hour commute is handed over to the car as you get chauffeured to your destination. Bliss!

Mine unnervingly (but thankfully) slammed the brakes on this afternoon in the supermarket carpark whilst I was literally creeping out in reverse from my space.

The rear parking combining with the pedestrian avoidance sensors doing their thing perfectly = no squished toddler

A Vanquish update... still we wait for plates. With the import process as it is, the car's somewhat in no mans land at the moment. It's no longer registered on the Guernsey plates, but not yet on a UK plate, so in the meanwhile, the interior has been refurbed, and it's going through timeless checks next week, along with having the secondary cats removed. Then comes the detail, ceramic coating and finally collection day.

With it taking a while due to the DVLA, my dealer was kind enough to let me take something away for the weekend...:)

40704233185_18718f3062_h.jpg

Back in the DB11 V12. There's some small improvements over the last one I had, and (this may or may not be news). Production has ceased on the V12 DB11, so they'll become a rare sight on the roads. I don't believe they sold as many V12's as they did the DB9 over the respective production period, but it's a wonderful car. The V8 DB11 will continue, and looks set to be a strong seller in overseas markets (sub 4.0 litre cars get taxed less hence the V8 option).

The new DBS Superleggera of course gets revealed in a couple of months. That'll pickup the mantel for the V12 Super GT, and worth every penny :thumbsup:

You one lucky boy lol [emoji16] , what difference will the decat make to what is already a beast of a car !!!
There's a bit more texture to the sound, and it sounds more like the Vanquish S (the S doesn't have secondary cats to start with).
Usefully, it also frees up some horsepower, so it'll take it to around 590bhp.

I went to drop the DB11 off this morning, as my Monday is quite busy at the moment, and Jamie the super star salesman said "keep it, I'll come and pick it up from you on Monday, it's yours for the weekend remember".

And so...fed it some more Vpower and back home [emoji2]

Sold my m135i

IMG_0003.JPG

And bought a 335d

IMG_0944.JPG

IMG_1013.JPG

Still fun but in a different way.

I had a e92 335d. I'm looking to get a 235i. What do you think the differences are? What mpg did you get with 135i and what do you get now?

I drove the 135i normally in sport and comfort and averaged 29mpg, the 35d is getting 37mpg on mixed journeys, I never bother with eco.

The differences, well the noise for a start, I miss the petrol straight 6 howl though the 35d sounds good for a diesel.

The 35d has xdrive and adaptive suspension so is quicker through the bendy stuff but not as much fun if that’s what you’re looking for.

The 35d is deceptively quick, in the 135i you knew you were pushing on due to the revs and noise, the 35d you take a look at the speedo and are shocked that you are going so fast due to no revs and no noise.

Both great cars though.

Last edited:
Straight 6 ! Not V6...duh.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom