The Official AVForums Car Showroom Thread Pt3

I smashed it down to ikea Warrington and back the other day and I got about 18 mpg average.. Do you wish yours also got that same return [emoji23]
I'm pretty sure I could mate!

In road cars, the Vantage got down to 16mpg when being driven 'dynamically'. I actually sold it a few weeks ago for something more brisk, and worse on fuel... :)

...and

Pictures or it didn't happen...

Looking forward to them:clap:

mpg? :D

11mpg was my daily commute in a 350z

So a 340i gets better MPG than a 330d?

hmm :eek:
According to the onboard, with my driving (and style of driving) I average 31mpg.

I had a Ford Mustang 5.0 down to 11mpg after a test drive [emoji41]
Obviously not trying hard enough as I can get single figures easily in mine when i'm having fun (in the summer!) ;) This time of the year it is 20mpg around the doors given the snow and so on, but it is still usable in such conditions.

According to the onboard....

That's the thing though - the onboard is terribly inaccurate. If I were to go by that, mine averaged 45-50mpg! It's better to go by brim-to-brim fill ups for accurate mpg imo (the iOS app RoadTrip is useful for this or Fuelly online).
I think there's an adjustment somewhere (some service setting?) whereby you can "fine tune" the on board computer calculation to reflect actual measured MPG so that it reads truer but for the life of me I can't find it in iDrive....

F5C67433-3FBC-42CA-8A87-8A163184675C.jpeg
CE4A619E-F5CF-4C2A-A52B-602CF98C6D1A.jpeg
BF662A44-416D-490C-87F2-5305656FE8BF.jpeg
Some quick pics under cloud cover.....fresh out of the showroom

Last edited:
That's the thing though - the onboard is terribly inaccurate. If I were to go by that, mine averaged 45-50mpg! It's better to go by brim-to-brim fill ups for accurate mpg imo

Brim to brim? What, you think I'm made of money? Flipping heck, I shudder at the thought..

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom