Quantcast

The Official AVForums Car Showroom Thread Pt3

Cdm2020

By all accounts if we can get spares now for cars built in last 25 years plus then I think parts availability shouldn’t be a massive issue ? Given that most Lotus parts are from other manufacturers like the engine is from Toyota then again it should be ok
If I had a Ferrari or Porsche then that becomes a little more of an issue especially price of their parts as are branded

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
Just seen you can get a Mitsubishi 3000GT for under 10k. I'm gonna do some research 🤓

un1eash

Distinguished Member
I remember you could get them for under £5k and there was a reason as they weren't cheap to fix.

Cdm2020

There’s a rise in prices of those Japanese super car in disguise cars ? Not going to get these cars anymore with future legislation now coming in !

ostewart

I love all the fancy, shiny motors in here... Only just got my first car after having my license for 6 years (I'm 26), went for a little 1.4 Diesel Mazda 2 TS2 (09 plate), cheap to run and insure. My other half is from Birmingham so it does Worthing to Birmingham every couple of months, along with the typical town running.

Definitely needs a good clean and detail, tempted to do the engine bay too but it's a cheap car.

cosmicma

picked this up as a runabout for a bit

cheap as chips now the x types and you get a lot of car for the money

never had a Jag before thought i'd try one it makes a change from the Honda Civic iv'e been driving around in for the last 7 years

never had a Jag before thought i'd try one it makes a change from the Honda Civic iv'e been driving around in for the last 7 years
What engine is in that one? Is it an all wheel drive?

cosmicma

What engine is in that one? Is it an all wheel drive?
it's the 2.0d front wheel drive not the 3ltr v6 which would have been nice if the fuel consumption wasn't in the early 20's and if economy wasn't a question i would have probably had one
it's one of the last off the production line registered in 2010 they stopped making them December 2009

rjnicko

Standard Member
Took my GTI to my local stately home for a little photoshoot.

Also great to try out my Fuji X100F paired up with my smartphone acting as a remote shutter trigger.

Stockholm

Distinguished Member

Bought one about 10 years ago as a runabout in between cars for a short period of time. Great car. £2500 well spent. Still one of the comfiest and easy to drive cars I've owned. Sort of miss it even to this day! Classic Jag green as well with cream interior and wood panelling. Classic.

MrNismo

Here is my weekend and school run car don’t drive it as it Much or designed for but for me it ticks all the right boxes. Also as the world nears the electric only and gone will be the combustion engine it will be a relic from a past days. Not a turbo in sight or fancy electronics it’s car that that has certain ethos of what sports car should be for the road and track when required. In the next 10-20 years I will hand to my kids if it’s worth more than I had paid today they can enjoy it !
View attachment 1256125
School run car!
Your kids must be the envy of the school.
If I was lucky my dad would pick me up, in an orange/red Austin Allegro.......ESTATE :laugh:

Cdm2020

School run car!
Your kids must be the envy of the school.
If I was lucky my dad would pick me up, in an orange/red Austin Allegro.......ESTATE :laugh:
Thank you
Yes my daughter gets asked by classmates about the car however the school run is not replacement for a long run or even taking it onto a track where it can exploit it full potential ?

paulst10

Distinguished Member
Loving this car, cheap insurance, and £20 a year road tax :) Got a nice little experiment going on as well.. how much BHP can you squeeze out of a 1 litre turbo..

Picked this up last week. Shame I can't go anywhere in it.

Dual Motor Long Range. Don't regret not going for the Performance version. This is plenty plenty fast. Less road noise than the P and better ride too.

View attachment 1274349
Shame indeed, just some trips to a shop. Can't say I'm a fan of those wheels to be honest...

But ahem yes you do regret it, otherwise you wouldn't even bring it up :lesson: :D That is still the justification stage, nothing wrong that :thumbsup:

Cdm2020

These are the near future perhaps not the complete future as I guess in lifetime of our grandchildren it will be transportation pods that you use
These EV are great initially in terms of driving pleasure but once that acceleration buzz dissipates then you left with a very efficient and clinical car.
So driving is not pleasure experience I guess for us old diehards of a petrolhead disposition we hang onto Internal combustion engines for a while until we get to old senile or government laws stops it !
enjoy the Tesla it’s future for now 👍🏻

BriD

Disagree on the driving tbh. I wasn't expecting much and assumed they'd be dull to drive too. However it's a very very well balanced car with just the right amount of shove. Steering feel is exceptional (better than C63 for example), grip is absurd.

The turn in is better than most things in the size / class. Bit of bodyroll but then it's not so stiff that it's airborne half the time on a B road (like say an M4).

It feels quite mid engined in balance, almost like a big Boxster. I understand it doesn't look like that though.

One of my other cars is a highly modified 300hp / 800kg S1 Elise which is sort of driving involvement in a nutshell. ;-)

If in doubt, when things are normal again go for a test drive. ;-)

Cdm2020

Ah you’re a fellow lotus man, I think I will get my thrills on the traditional based engine and it’s analogue steering etc
I have ordered a new Toyota hybrid estate car delivery probably nearer September now it’s a company car

Leo31291

Distinguished Member
I just wanna say guys. Be alert on the roads even though they're relatively empty. A kid on the way home from work today didn't look out coming from a side road into the main road. Almost had an accident and made my heart jump thinking what could have happened.

IWC Dopplel

I was 2 days away from picking up my new (to me) every day drive, would have been great to have given it a Polish and detail. Perhaps I should pick up my summer car out of storage (My Fiance's Mum's garage 🤔 I wonder if Im aloud to pop into her garage and pick it up. I have a nice new pot of Zymol Glasur which I had for xmas, I gave it a deep clean and removed the old wax and a full iron out before storing and it actually looked really good with nothing on so to speak

I was 2 days away from picking up my new (to me) every day drive, would have been great to have given it a Polish and detail. Perhaps I should pick up my summer car out of storage (My Fiance's Mum's garage 🤔 I wonder if Im aloud to pop into her garage and pick it up. I have a nice new pot of Zymol Glasur which I had for xmas, I gave it a deep clean and removed the old wax and a full iron out before storing and it actually looked really good with nothing on so to speak
Hardly essential travel is it ;) I guess it was a rhetorical question 👍