The Official AVForums Car Showroom Thread Pt3

Stan 24v

I sold the E46 Coupe a while back and have now purchased a 3dr, Alpine White, Manual, M135i. I absolutely love this car!!! Its so quick, but also really refined. I have the adaptive suspension and when you press Sport.............awesomeness appears!!! :D

The standard power output is 320bhp but a few guys over here have had them on rolling roads and they seem to be closer to 340bhp.

Hope you like the pics ;)

DanTheManc

Very nice.

I currently own an E92 335i and I was considering getting a M135i. I had a look at an estorial blue one at the dealers a few weeks back and they certainly look better in the metal. I didnt like them when I first saw the photos a few months back if I'm honest but now it really grown on me. The adaptive suspension would be the first box I'd tick too. I've decided to hang fire until they confirm prices of the CLA amg.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
Cracking car. When I was replacing my 2.0 Scirocco that was top of my list but alas I feared I would lose my licence so opted for a 116i M Sport which I've had since 1 March and I'm lovin it!

mjn

Distinguished Member
You're on e46 zone as well, aren't you? :D

Stan 24v

Thanks guys, it is an awesome car. The 335i is the same engine, but obviously weighs more.

Losing your licence could happen quickly if you're not careful lol

Yep, Im on E46 zone ;)

rousetafarian

Thanks guys, it is an awesome car. The 335i is the same engine, but obviously weighs more.

Losing your licence could happen quickly if you're not careful lol

Yep, Im on E46 zone ;)
I would trade in both of my Mercs and a kidney to buy one of these........what a car!

apolloa

Distinguished Member
I sold the E46 Coupe a while back and have now purchased a 3dr, Alpine White, Manual, M135i. I absolutely love this car!!! Its so quick, but also really refined. I have the adaptive suspension and when you press Sport.............awesomeness appears!!! :D

The standard power output is 320bhp but a few guys over here have had them on rolling roads and they seem to be closer to 340bhp.

Hope you like the pics ;)
I actually think this car is one of those, hell of a lot of car for the money, car's? Because it's an M car hot hatch for 10k LESS then an RS Audi! And not a lot more then a Golf!
Looks really nice mate, whats the space like in the back? The boot looks decent too.

Stan 24v

The space is fine in the back mate, some people say it could be a little larger but I find it fine.

I know what you mean too, the Golf (specc'd) is pretty much the same price but the whole package is nowhere near as good. The fact that the mags dont pitch them in the same road tests etc speaks volumes -not sure VW would be too appreciative!! ;)

apolloa

Distinguished Member
The space is fine in the back mate, some people say it could be a little larger but I find it fine.

I know what you mean too, the Golf (specc'd) is pretty much the same price but the whole package is nowhere near as good. The fact that the mags dont pitch them in the same road tests etc speaks volumes -not sure VW would be too appreciative!! ;)
Yeap, agreed, I think BMW actually pulled a bit of a blinder rip the market up move with it's pricing on the car! But I guess it also depends on what standard kit it comes with compared to the competition?

[email protected]

OK so this is just the loaner whilst mine is in for service this week but as loaners go, this is something else.

It's a brand spanking new A7 S Line Bi Turbo (my own car is an A7 with the single turbo engine). Whilst it is very similar to my own car the engine is awesome.

But the icing on the cake?

It has speakers in the exhaust system which modifies the sound so that from both inside and out you would think you are driving a V8 petrol muscle car

PS

Those 20" alloys do spoil the ride a little

Last edited:

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Out with the old:

<sniff sniff>

And in with the less old:

gamingboy

OK so this is just the loaner whilst mine is in for service this week but as loaners go, this is something else.

It's a brand spanking new A7 S Line Bi Turbo (my own car is an A7 with the single turbo engine). Whilst it is very similar to my own car the engine is awesome.

It has speakers in the exhaust system which modifies the sound so that from both inside and out you would think you are driving a V8 petrol muscle car

PS

I know that the speaker system is suppose to be the future as they look to move to more efficient engines which don't sound like a V8 naturally, but what's the system like?

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member

PS

What a beast, love the A7, I think it's currently one of Audi's best.

[email protected]

I know that the speaker system is suppose to be the future as they look to move to more efficient engines which don't sound like a V8 naturally, but what's the system like?
I have mixed views.

It really does work. There is no question that the sound this thing makes is incredible.

But in the back of your mind, you know it's fake

tazman007

I'll carry on with the Audi A7 theme, this is mine just detailed with the Werkstat acrylic kit. Funnily enough, I don't mind the ride with the 20 inch wheels, but then I've come from a Mondeo ST with a lowered eibach suspension and that was a harsh ride compared to this.

Attachments

imightbewrong

Distinguished Member
Pretty much kept the same colour then :) Nice.
Yes - I was going to make some before/after steroid abuse joke but in the end I couldn't be bothered :)

tony smallz

Turned 25 at the end of april so i treated my self to sn upgrade from my E240 i got a facelift Mercedes S500 5.0l V8 il hopefully post pics soon so far its an amazing car the air suspension is great and the power is great them 5 liters really pick this thing up under full acceleration you cant keep it straight, its awesome on motorways driving while getting a massage lol.. Im too happy with this car the V8 rumble has had me smiling for the last few weeks..

apolloa

Distinguished Member
Turned 25 at the end of april so i treated my self to sn upgrade from my E240 i got a facelift Mercedes S500 5.0l V8 il hopefully post pics soon so far its an amazing car the air suspension is great and the power is great them 5 liters really pick this thing up under full acceleration you cant keep it straight, its awesome on motorways driving while getting a massage lol.. Im too happy with this car the V8 rumble has had me smiling for the last few weeks..
Blimey! 25 and you have an S class! What year is it? I saw an article on Fifth Gear I think where they tested a few years old S class against a brand new one and it was only the toy's that gave the older one away, well made cars.

NewBeetle

Distinguished Member
Blimey! 25 and you have an S class! What year is it? I saw an article on Fifth Gear I think where they tested a few years old S class against a brand new one and it was only the toy's that gave the older one away, well made cars.
They are dirt cheap on auto trader, so much car for the money. I'm not sure I'd want one at 25, but hey, it would be pretty boring if we all liked the same things.