Quantcast

The official AVFORUMS Bike showroom (56k warning) Part 2

Escobar

Standard Member
Morning all! Thought I'd do my first post in here instead of doing the usual newbie thing of asking for advice and then disappearing forever ;)

Been biking for 6 years or so, I've got a Honda SP1 at the mo which I've spent the last couple of years doing up:

Many, many mods which I won't bore you with, but most of them are pretty obvious. Latest additions are the OZ wheels.

I've also got a trackbike which I share with a fella who's probably a member on here. It's an ex-BSS kwak 636. Cant find any recent pics I've got uploaded, this one's from a few years back:

Oh, and I hired an RC8R for a (very wet) trackday earlier this year. Smitten with it, so hopefully I'll get my hands on one soonish:

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Monty Burns

...Oh, and I hired an RC8R for a (very wet) trackday earlier this year. Smitten with it, so hopefully I'll get my hands on one soonish:

Cheers! :thumbsup:
Very impressive pic mate. I like you had an SP(1 in my case) few years ago and I looked into replacing it with a Aprilia RSV-R, RC8, Duc and possibly even an SP2. After much research on the net I went with the RSV-R, primarily because at the time MCN had an online article that tried to do a shootout of all of these, the result?

Ducati refused to participate - whinging about tyres
SP2 - last place
RC8 - second place
RSV-R - First place

Try and RSV-R (you can see mine in the sig "old bike") out or I guess now, an RSV4.

Inked

Distinguished Member
I have to stop looking at this thread, as all the pics of peoples lovely bikes makes me want one again.

Which is unfortunate as:
A. I can't afford due to buying a reasonably expensive car I hardly drive.
B. Would likely kill myself on, as I now haven't ridden in 8 or 9 years since last getting knocked off!
C. I am not allowed due to the wife not liking reasons A & B.

FZR400RRSP

Banned
I have to stop looking at this thread, as all the pics of peoples lovely bikes makes me want one again.

Which is unfortunate as:
A. I can't afford due to buying a reasonably expensive car I hardly drive.
B. Would likely kill myself on, as I now haven't ridden in 8 or 9 years since last getting knocked off!
C. I am not allowed due to the wife not liking reasons A & B.
There are a couple of ways of getting a biking 'fix', without road riding.

A/ Buy a track bike
B/ Hire a track bike

Road riding does my head in these days, I get zero joy from it.:thumbsdow
We are planning a 'Top gear' style challenge for my mate's 50th this year though.
We each to have buy a bike for £800 and ride them to a mate's in Portugal.
That'll be as much road riding as I'll be doing this year.

Uridium

Very impressive pic mate. I like you had an SP(1 in my case) few years ago and I looked into replacing it with a Aprilia RSV-R, RC8, Duc and possibly even an SP2. After much research on the net I went with the RSV-R, primarily because at the time MCN had an online article that tried to do a shootout of all of these, the result?

Ducati refused to participate - whinging about tyres
SP2 - last place
RC8 - second place
RSV-R - First place

Try and RSV-R (you can see mine in the sig "old bike") out or I guess now, an RSV4.
Monty...your missing v-twins aren't you ;) Out of interest why did you go for your Blade instead of an RSV4?

Must admit I quite fancy an RC8 myself....

Monty Burns

:laugh:
Monty...your missing v-twins aren't you ;) Out of interest why did you go for your Blade instead of an RSV4?

Must admit I quite fancy an RC8 myself....
:laugh: I miss the noise but then, my mate tells me sees small flames coming from my TaylorMade on the blade....

Reliability. Once bitten (by a modern Aprillia) twice shy.

I need a bike thats capable of doing 100miles a day, every day, come rain, shine, sleet or snow and the 2007 Ape I had in 2008 couldn't.

Uridium

:laugh: I miss the noise but then, my mate tells me sees small flames coming from my TaylorMade on the blade....

Reliability. Once bitten (by a modern Aprillia) twice shy.

I need a bike thats capable of doing 100miles a day, every day, come rain, shine, sleet or snow and the 2007 Ape I had in 2008 couldn't.
Sounds like you need a car ;-)

I spent years riding all weather...don't miss it.

undecided whether to keep my RSV this summer...with the Arrow can on it sounds utterly glorious but as much as i love it every time i ride it I can't help thinking the Chassis could handle an extra 50 horses...

don't get me wrong it never gets left behind as the handling and braking more than make up for it's power shortage but just feel the lack of engine development was a wasted opportunity by Aprilia. that said it's state of tune means that engine wise they are pretty tough (more than can be said for the comedy electrics.:laugh:.)

hmm KTM RC8 test ride soon i think....

Monty Burns

GSARider

Novice Member
Well i had some theiving scum break into my garage and get away with one of my bikes just begore Xmas...recovered, but looks like it wil be a write off. Was chained down through the back wheel, they took the wheel off and carried it out and tyen attempted to hold the back end up and wheel it away.

Monty Burns

Sorry to hear that mate. Like you, i've been targetted recently, 4 times. They tried to steal it out of the garage, bike alarm scared them off. I turned the garage into Fort Knaux (CCTV, padlocks, house alarm system, blocked windows) so they tried to break into the house and failed. They then stole it from work, recovered because of tracker. Arrested and released "lack of evidence", but then arrested again and sent back to Poland on extradition to do 8 years. Another group then stole it from Stockley Park Arena/Golf course car park and one of them, a total moron, well he was caught on CCTV using his own, home registered van that they loaded it into in front of about 10 by-standers, none of them did anything. Caught and released. Bike recovered again, thanks tracker!

So far, i've now had the blade 4 months with no known attempt of theft, mind you, they probably now think its a bait bike. ;)

Sadly, you are never theft proof, all you can do is make yours look less attractive to them.

maxwell

Distinguished Member
Been riding since I was 16

Yamaha DT50
Kawasaki KH250
Kawasaki KH400
Kawasaki Z250 Scorpion
Honda 250 Superdream
RD350 LC (Most fun bike I have ever had, expansion chambers, reed kit just couldnt keep the front end down lol)
Suzuki GSX250
Honda CX500 (This was borrowed from a friend while he was unable to ride, he was killed on it 6 weeks after I gave it him back (T boned by a car that ran a red light))
Honda 750 Four
Suzuki GS550
Suzuki GS1000
Kawasaki ZXR 750 H1 (P/Xed)
Kawasaki ZXR 750 H2 (P/Xed)
Kawasaki ZX10 (Swapped for Sierra Cosworth)
Kawasaki ZXR 750 J1 (Written off when 6 weeks old)
Yamaha FZR1000 Genesis (Nicked)

Current bike is Kawasaki ZRX1100 with full Yoshimura Race system 4 into 1, K&N's, Dynojet Stage 3 kit, Painted Eddie Lawson Green by Dream Machine. (Standard BHP 95, mine Dynoed at 132 last time lol)
Will add a pic later

EDIT : Not a very good pic but only one available at the moment.

Attachments

Last edited:

alexs2

Dude, that bike is waaaay too big for you.

I remember a mate of mine from way back who really was about 5 feet tall...he celebrated passing some exams by getting himself some enormous Suzuki,and it was like watching an insect riding an elephant.