The Office

neilo

Banned
dont forget , tonight 10 pm....watched all 6 last night very hard to watch ..but its pure class

B

bobbles

i wasn't disappointed

even tim has become annoying

absolute class

Man, so funny. Best bit was Gareth saying hes got a magazine were he could prove the 'myth' that balck men have larger genetalia.

James45

Standard Member
brilliant didn't disappoint! Brent is even more of a monster now... he had me shouting at the TV "just shut up you nobhead!" Gareth steals the show though

J

juboy

Gareth's line where he says he was planing on getting off with the new girl and that he'd seen her first (with THAT gesture) was hilarious.

Definitely up to the first series standard so far.

G

Gambit

Su-poyb. Just as good. When he was saying about smoking "the ganja".
"Do you know what I mean? Course you do" to the black dude. comic genius. :D

A

Azrikam

Typical. Hundreds of channels... two shows that I want to see a week... both are on at the same time.

I can't miss an ep of Six Feet Under. Anyone know of any planned Office repeats?

J

juboy

Both The Office and Six Feet Under get repeated later in the week, The Office on BBC Choice, Thursday 9.30pm and Six Feet Under on 'Second Chance Sunday' - E4

R

ricke

Absolutely Ace !! Just can't believe how good it was. Best bit for me was Brent's comments about not taking the p!$$ out of an old bloke for a having a shrivelled hand and then Gareth, in front of everything else, mentioned Brent's comments about him having a "W***ker's Claw !!!" BAFTA winners, for sure, i'd nominate them for the Oscars!

A

Azrikam

Thanks juboy. I'm a little worried about SFU's repeat being edited, so I'll pick up The Office on Thursdays. :)

M

mikey

Typical. Hundreds of channels... two shows that I want to see a week... both are on at the same time.

I have a machine called a video recorder. It can be used to record TV shows onto tape to be watched later. You can even watch it more than once. Anyone else got one?

J

juboy

Originally posted by mikey
Anyone else got one?

Yeah, but mine is unable to program itself to record shows that I've forgotten about/didn't know were on ;)

wilber

Sky + is the answer. Six feet under records on it's own every week along with The West Wing. My wife was out until almost the end of The Office, so that was paused 'til she came in - I don't think I could watch Brent on my own without damaging something. Ma na ma na.

M

mikey

It'll be out on DVD in a while.

I expect Juboy will miss something worth viewing / recording because he'll be watching The Office on DVD..;)

J

juboy

I've given up trying to watch/record ALL the TV I'd like to see, there's just not enough time :)

In some ways it make sense to wait for the really good shows to come out on DVD, at least you're sure of watching them in order and complete (unless it's the R2 '24' of course...). Trouble is, you don't get the option to chat about shows with your mates if you do it that way. Although most of my mates generally think what I talk about is 6 month old crap anyway, so maybe I'd get away with it.

Lucky I checked the BBC Choice listings for tomorrow, Liquid News has a half hour special with Gene Simmons from Kiss. Now that would have p*ssed me off if I'd missed it :)

A

Azrikam

Originally posted by mikey
I have a machine called a video recorder. It can be used to record TV shows onto tape to be watched later. You can even watch it more than once. Anyone else got one?

It's probably been covered, but a video recorder doesn't let me tape two things at the same time. (my dilemna) I need Sky+, or a second digibox. (already got 2 VCRs) I've got no antennae to speak of, so that's why my only TV signal comes from my Sky dish.

Kevo

Although funny in parts, on the whole I find myself cringing with embarrassement and turning away from the TV everytime the characters David Brent and that 'skinny lad' open their mouths.

They're a bit OTT to say the least.

J

juboy

I might start a riot here, but after now having seen half of the second series, I honestly do feel it's of an even higher class than the first.

Not by a wide margin but mainly because it's more consistently funny. Watching the episode just gone (3) I actually looked at my watch at 10:19 and couldn't believe there was still 10 minutes of it left... they pack more humour and genuine laughs in to one 30 minute slot than you see on BBC1 and BBC2 combined throughout the rest of the entire week.

James45

Standard Member
Juboy I'm going to have to agree with you, this second series is consistently brilliant and better than the last series. I don't think it's had a stand out 'event' episode yet tho like the first series but it is funnier on the whole.
This week's episode was fantastic... Gareth's come-on to the birthday girl (i'll do you from behind, quick in and out, no strings!) and Brent's Corr's outburst. I was laughing my tits off.

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung QN95B 4K QLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

Grado announces new Statement series wooden headphones
  • By Ian Collen
  • Published
What's new on Netflix UK for September 2022
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
ASUS unveils new 4K OLED gaming monitors
  • By Ian Collen