The Office (US Version) - Season 2 (R1, 4 discs): £17.99 @ PlayUSA.com

krish

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Astral Crescent, Zoovroozlechester, Betelgeuse V
The Office (US Version) - Season 2 (R1, 4 discs)
Release Date: 12th September 2006
TheOffice_S2_final.jpg

www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1/PROD/2-/1094654/-/Product.html

Full length 22 episode season
- I have already watched the whole season... very good imho, vast improvement on the 6 episodes of season 1 :thumbsup:
- packed with loads of extras incl. webisodes and deleted scenes (which should, judging by season 1 DVD, be as funny as the episodes themselves :D)

Best pre-order price currently appears to be £17.99 at PlayUSA
- CD WOW may well be cheaper (after link/voucher), though item doesn't appear to be on their site yet

Btw, does anyone know if Quidco cashback is still tracked and ultimately payable with PlayUSA orders?
- i.e. go via www.quidco.com/entertainment/play-com then click on "International" on the top right of Play's main page, taking you to PlayUSA

possibly the funniest comedy since Friends, definitely going to buy this, though the day Play are the cheapest for anything... think i'll wait a while and see what the other prices come up :)

krish72 said:
...does anyone know if Quidco cashback is still tracked and ultimately payable with PlayUSA orders?
- i.e. go via www.quidco.com/entertainment/play-com then click on "International" on the top right of Play's main page, taking you to PlayUSA
To answer my own enquiry, probably NOT, as about 9 hrs since my pre-order it doesn't show up as being tracked in My Earnings.
Marc said:
possibly the funniest comedy since Friends, definitely going to buy this, though the day Play are the cheapest for anything... think i'll wait a while and see what the other prices come up :)
Its been reported (and not yet denied) that some employees of Wernham Hogg could be making guest appearances/cameos at Dunder-Mifflin next season, as well as new episode(s) by Gervais & Merchant (i.e. not based on any of the original episodes this time).

Will probably cancel pre-order once I see it cheaper elsewhere (unless PlayUSA ship ridiculously early, and I forget)... so if anyone spots it before me...please post :lease: :smashin: :)

It looks like PlayUSA is £30 - 61.99 CAD?

Or have I lost it.

yep - the buggers have marked it up £10, and also now over the £18 customs limit :thumbsdow :rolleyes:

(its £27.99, click on the £sterling Union Flag sign on the left)

Do you think they will honour the £17.99 that people (including myself here) have pre-ordered it at.

</Clutches at Straws> :D

Miguel007 said:
Do you think they will honour the £17.99 that people (including myself here) have pre-ordered it at.

</Clutches at Straws> :D

Yes, they should do - they've probably taken their quota of orders at that price, and now a week or two later have put it up. It's not a misprice, as they've had many new release R1/US DVDs at good prices (Boston Legal, Dead Zone, 4400 etc).

I'm the idiot who cancelled :suicide:, as on the lookout for a good CD WOW price (that can then be lowered ;)), and also spotted that R2/UK price.

Already watched it (downloaded and burnt) so don't mind waiting longer for it to drop :)

Pre-ordered the UK version for £14.99 - thanks for the tip. Good price for a new release four disc set. Have to wait a bit longer but there you go.

Mine has been posted today from PlayUSA, on the e-mail Invoice it said £17.99 - I've checked on my bank but the transaction hasn't shown up yet.

Fingers Crossed :thumbsup:

- have now pre-ordered at Sendit, but in case of them cancelling due to misprice, I have not cancelled my Play.com pre-order at £14.99 (which is now dearer at £23.99 :thumbsdow with a higher £29.99 RRP than sendit's £19.99 RRP :rolleyes: :confused:)

ditto, got my order in, will keep it unless i find it cheaper elsewhere before november :D

krish said:
- have now pre-ordered at Sendit, but in case of them cancelling due to misprice, I have not cancelled my Play.com pre-order at £14.99 (which is now dearer at £23.99 :thumbsdow with a higher £29.99 RRP than sendit's £19.99 RRP :rolleyes: :confused:)

Go on then Krish tell us just how many pre-orders you have at the moment!, you know your gonna end up forgetting something when you start having multiple pre-orders for the same boxset :D

Cloysterpeteuk said:
Go on then Krish tell us just how many pre-orders you have at the moment!, you know your gonna end up forgetting something when you start having multiple pre-orders for the same boxset :D
Hehe, only those two ;)
- only cancelled the PlayUSA.com R1 pre-order at £17.99 as I was sure it would be cheaper but it then went up with PlayUSA; looks like I'll get it for a good price on R2 :)

Not sure what's happening with this UK/R2 of Season 2
- ITS SUPPOSED TO BE RELEASED TODAY :confused: :confused:

BUT ...

if you check out the product pages at the retailers listed at www.find-dvd.co.uk/8245522.htm it seems that its "OFF THE SCHEDULE", or release date TBC, and still no artwork yet with a BBFC logo

I would guess we might have to wait until Season 2 finishes on ITV2(or is it 3 or 4?)

Does anyone have any better info? :lease:

EDIT ... just noticed that one retailer (MovieMail) states To Be Released 01/03/2007 at www.moviemail-online.co.uk/films/18825 :eek: :( :thumbsdow

I'm interested in knowing this as well.

My £12.89 Sendit order still says "Release date to be confirmed" as well as "Released: 6th Nov 2006"
Can still be ordered at £12.89 as well.:rotfl:

I've not been watching the ITV broadcasts as I wanted to save my viewing for the DVD's.:)
Not sure I want to wait until March next year either.:(

TM

Received this email :( :mad: ...
Sent: Thursday, 9 November, 2006 2:20:07 AM
Subject: Your order at sendit.com

Dear XXXXX

I'm afraid we have some bad news for you! The following item :
The Office: An American Workplace - Series 2 (DVD)
which you ordered from us at sendit.com, is apparently no longer available.

Unfortunately many titles drift slowly out of print or are never released at all - without ever being officially deleted, and, until we try to order it for
someone, we have no way of knowing that there aren't any more copies available.

We have double checked the availability of this title and unfortunately have
not been able to source it anywhere. We've since updated our information to reflect this.

Many apologies from Sendit.com

mine cancelled also :( i wouldn't have minded waiting till march if it was gonna take that long.. it's not as if they'd charged my credit card or anything. i'm guessing they were all told the wrong rrp for this so they've found reasons to cancel the orders so they can relist it at 29.99 or something

...if you check out the product pages at the retailers listed at www.find-dvd.co.uk/8245522.htm it seems that its "OFF THE SCHEDULE", or release date TBC, and still no artwork yet with a BBFC logo ... just noticed that one retailer (MovieMail) states To Be Released 01/03/2007 at www.moviemail-online.co.uk/films/18825 :eek: :( :thumbsdow
Now all those retailers (incl. sendit) state a release date of 26/02/2007; stil have mine re-pre-ordered at sendit for the same price as before ;)

they've finally realised its a misprice :confused: :rolleyes: :mad:
Sent: Monday, 22 January, 2007 3:35:31 PM
Subject: Your Order For: The Office: An American Workplace - Series 2

Dear KRISH,

I am writing regards your pre-order for the title :

The Office: An American Workplace - Series 2 (DVD)
http://www.sendit.com/video/item/7001000127955

Unfortunately we will not be able to fulfill your order at the price
requested due to incorrect pricing information passed to ourselves - the
wrong rrp was forwarded to ourselves. As a consequence of this, your order
has been cancelled and no payment has been taken.

I would like to take this opportunity to apologise for any
disappointment caused.

Sendit.com's correct selling price is 22.39GBP, which is exceptionally
good value. As an apology for any disappointment, I can offer you the
product for an amazing 17.89 GBP.

Please reply to this e-mail if you want it reordered at 17.89GBP. I will
re-key the order for you and discount it manually to 17.89GBP

Apologies once again for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for shopping with Sendit.com.

Kind regards,

--
Colin Porter, Customer Care www.sendit.com - entertainment to your door
still appears to be the cheapest at www.find-dvd.co.uk/8245522.htm, and even cheaper by replying to the email ... but I think I'll probably wait now

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom