1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Odd Angry Shot???

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by thamesider, Dec 4, 2002.

1. thamesider

thamesider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone tell me whether - The Odd Angry Shot. (A 1979 Australian film about their soldiers serving in Vietnam) Is available on DVD:confused:
    So far i've only found it on VHS:(

2. John-D

John-D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I remember this movie, found it quite good. If I remember, it was about the Aussie SAS and their time in Vietnam.

Does anyone know any good Aussie DVD sites, apart from EZY?

Cheers
    JD

3. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been looking for this on DVD for ages, its not available on DVD and I cant find any plans to release it in future.

It is available on VHS though, my G/F found a copy for me a few years back (got it ordered from WHSmiths I think).

Probably the best film ever made about Vietnam IMO. Very funny in places and very a moving film about the realities of a useless stuggle.

Classic Quote

"It's the ****-shoveller with the arse out of his trousers and two bob in his pocket that makes Australia. Every time there's a bit of trouble, there he is, standing like a bloody fool outside the recruiting office with his hand out for a rifle, while the rich boys are hanging back, or waiting for their father to get them a nice, safe job.

And while you're stuck over here with a lot of poor bastards from the other side, who are just as scared as you, shooting at you, the rich kids are back home, having a bit of a slum or a chop at yer bird."

4. billduff

billduff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Good news it's out in two weeks time :thumbsup:

Odd Angry Shot

Most of the R4 shops have it listed but this is one of the cheapest (about £9.50). Got my copy ordered.

5. thamesider

thamesider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey I had long forgotten about this, its my old mans Birthday soon, I might get him a copy :D :smashin:

Thanks for looking, after all this time :)