Quantcast

The Odd Angry Shot???

T

thamesider

Can anyone tell me whether - The Odd Angry Shot. (A 1979 Australian film about their soldiers serving in Vietnam) Is available on DVD:confused:
So far i've only found it on VHS:(

J

John-D

I remember this movie, found it quite good. If I remember, it was about the Aussie SAS and their time in Vietnam.

Does anyone know any good Aussie DVD sites, apart from EZY?

Cheers
JD

billduff

Standard Member
I have been looking for this on DVD for ages, its not available on DVD and I cant find any plans to release it in future.

It is available on VHS though, my G/F found a copy for me a few years back (got it ordered from WHSmiths I think).

Probably the best film ever made about Vietnam IMO. Very funny in places and very a moving film about the realities of a useless stuggle.

Classic Quote

"It's the ****-shoveller with the arse out of his trousers and two bob in his pocket that makes Australia. Every time there's a bit of trouble, there he is, standing like a bloody fool outside the recruiting office with his hand out for a rifle, while the rich boys are hanging back, or waiting for their father to get them a nice, safe job.

And while you're stuck over here with a lot of poor bastards from the other side, who are just as scared as you, shooting at you, the rich kids are back home, having a bit of a slum or a chop at yer bird."

billduff

Standard Member
thamesider said:
Can anyone tell me whether - The Odd Angry Shot. (A 1979 Australian film about their soldiers serving in Vietnam) Is available on DVD:confused:
So far i've only found it on VHS:(
Good news it's out in two weeks time :thumbsup:

Odd Angry Shot

Most of the R4 shops have it listed but this is one of the cheapest (about £9.50). Got my copy ordered.

T

thamesider

Blimey I had long forgotten about this, its my old mans Birthday soon, I might get him a copy :D :smashin:

Thanks for looking, after all this time :)