The Octagon Blu-ray Review

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by The News Bot, Aug 12, 2012.

1. The News Bot

The News Bot
      News Supplying Robot

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +446
      Chuck Norris has already been to Mars. That is why there are no signs of life there. FACT.

The human weapon of mass destruction returns in 1980’s terrorist and ninja-stomping thriller The Octagon. Chucky-Mumbles is back with a spinny-kicky, head-smacky vengeance in Anchor Bay’s region B release on UK Blu-ray.

“Before you go out there to save the world, I can tell you something. The world … it doesn’t want to be saved.”

“Your world, maybe. Not mine.”

And if you’re not part of Chuck’s world, baby … you’re not part of any world.

Directed by Eric Karson with one eye on the espionage crowd, and one fixed squarely upon the martial arts fans, The Octagon aims pretty high and actually delivers a fair bit of bang for your Chuck-buck. Hollywood had been unleashing Charles Bronson and Michael Caine in gritty...

Read the full review...

2. Glenn01

Glenn01

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,511
      Nice vintage Chuck reviews Chris :smashin:

A great idea to have some Chuck homage timing with his big screen return in Expendables 2 :clap:

I have not seen these 2 movies in years and (yet again) you have inspired me to go and purchase some more discs :rolleyes:

I 'need' Chuck viewing material now.

Loving the one liners :cool:

Keep these reviews coming ... fantastic :thumbsup:

Chuck is the man !

3. Chris McEneany

Chris McEneany

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +383
      More coming, dude!

Code of Silence will be on tomorrow, followed by Lone Wolf McQuade.

Going to Expendables 2 tomorrow in my Chuck Norris hoodie and sporting the beard and the Delta Force floppy mullet. No sleep tonight. ;)

Out camping with the family Friday and Saturday :eek: so full review for Expendables will hopefully explode across AVforums Sunday night. You will have seen it by then, I know, but it's all gravy! :smashin:

Cheers,

Chris McEneany :devil:

PS. Man, we need a Chuck Norris smilie!

4. Glenn01

Glenn01

Products Owned:
      Products Wanted:
      Ratings:
      +1,511

Actually mate, I can't see Ex2 till Tuesday next week :eek:
      So your review will be very welcome sunday evening, to keep me going :smashin:
      Your review will be the one I go on anyway and will most reflect my own feelings to the film I am sure.
      I am hugely confident, we will enjoy it enourmously ... it would have to be major league poor for us not to anyway.
      Downloaded the Ex2 soundtrack last night from i-tunes.
      Only had a very brief listen and not listened to tracks in their completeness yet, so will be interested to hear your in depth views on that if possible :devil:
      Some of it sounded good, but on a quick 1st listen I was not wowed liked I was with Tyler's work on Ex1 which had several excellent tracks and cues.
      This felt similar to Ex1 but there did not appear to be any stand out tracks like the 1st album. I hope I am wrong and like I say it was a very brief listen last night I am basing this on.
      You know how Rambo 3 score sounded like Rambo 2 but was still unique and had Jerry G greatness, I am not so sure Tyler has done that here.
      I am wondering if he has had an off day or been a bit lazy on this occasion.
      I hope not as he should have treated Ex2 as a major part of his career and he created excellent scores for Rambo and Ex1.
      Or maybe my expectations are so high at the moment, still riding the bat wave and quality of Zimmers stunning score.
      Either way, I will let you guide us with your expert opinion :thumbsup:
      In the meantime, keep the Chuck homage coming, I have Hellbound on dvd which I plan on watching this weekend (Halloween Chuck) and Delta Force on Sky in hd :cool:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2012