• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The Nuclear Club

Dan Baker

Haven't even had a 20 streak despite some serious hours played.

My play style never has and never will be condusive to long streaks especially when I'm on domination, the amount of times I die with a Vsat up is crazy I still get too transfixed on the HUD and miss what is happening on screen and in all honesty my gun skill isn't up to par either

Wish I made a note of my medals before I reset as I know the amount of 5 streaks I'd earned compared to 10 streaks was obscene I think it was something like a few thousand vs less than 100.

Props to anyone who can get them frequently.

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
Yeah I can't get to twenty myself, I wish there was a way to turn off medal notifications in game because I see the Merciless award then panic do the headless chicken stop playing how I have been playing and promptly die. I've got 60 odd Merciless but only 5 of the 15 streaks ones, I mean sure sometimes it's because I get to 10 or 11 and I'm already at 30 kills ending the FFA game but it's still a poor conversion rate.

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
, the amount of times I die with a Vsat up is crazy I still get too transfixed on the HUD and miss what is happening on screen and in all honesty my gun skill isn't up to par either

Wish I made a note of my medals before I reset as I know the amount of 5 streaks I'd earned compared to 10 streaks was obscene I think it was something like a few thousand vs less than 100.

Tell me about it, I just can't use that thing properly, I'll be red arrow watching while they are jumping round the corner killing me and every gunfight I go straight into batting the pointy end of the triangle instead of flanking round the back of them. It doesn't help that as soon as a vsat comes up I'm sprinting like a loon trying to get to the triangles before my team mates, always get to them just after they've been killed so I'm off again sprinting somewhere else.

My aiming is also shockingly average (think all my gun kd's are below 1) but where I'm really bad is one on ones at close range, I just can't do anything, my hipfire doesn't touch them at all, I can only kill them if I have a shotgun, all the good players are jumping all over the shop and strafing and manoeuvring though my bullets I don't have the pad control or reactions to compete with that. Not a chance in hell.

alan280170

Distinguished Member
Tell me about it, I just can't use that thing properly, I'll be red arrow watching while they are jumping round the corner killing me and every gunfight I go straight into batting the pointy end of the triangle instead of flanking round the back of them. It doesn't help that as soon as a vsat comes up I'm sprinting like a loon trying to get to the triangles before my team mates, always get to them just after they've been killed so I'm off again sprinting somewhere else.

My aiming is also shockingly average (think all my gun kd's are below 1) but where I'm really bad is one on ones at close range, I just can't do anything, my hipfire doesn't touch them at all, I can only kill them if I have a shotgun, all the good players are jumping all over the shop and strafing and manoeuvring though my bullets I don't have the pad control or reactions to compete with that. Not a chance in hell.

The Matrix training at work there, or the Halo hop take your pick :laugh:

Neil_H

Haven't even had a 20 streak despite some serious hours played.

My play style never has and never will be condusive to long streaks especially when I'm on domination, the amount of times I die with a Vsat up is crazy I still get too transfixed on the HUD and miss what is happening on screen and in all honesty my gun skill isn't up to par either

The VSAT definitely needs a bit of practice to use well, I get caught out a lot too.

Here are my medals, there's quite a bit step down from each tier. Getting 20 seems much harder than getting 15 for some reason, maybe because the VSAT is 10-12 kills and will usually get you at least 4-5 kills.

t0diyBH7.png

Steve Kelly

ahh ya show-offs!!

I got 1 Relentless, plus a few more kills in that streak, maybe 23 it was, my best so far.
So I reckon I could get Brutal (MOAB) if I went all out for that (things would have to get progressively more campy for me, as the streak went on!).

As for Nuclear, I reckon I'll repeat what I did for my MW3 MOAB, get one on (pretty much) the last day of play before the next COD came out (i.e. it took me 364 days to get one!!) :rolleyes:

The VSAT definitely needs a bit of practice to use well, I get caught out a lot too.

Here are my medals, there's quite a bit step down from each tier. Getting 20 seems much harder than getting 15 for some reason, maybe because the VSAT is 10-12 kills and will usually get you at least 4-5 kills.

wait until sharpy posts his medal stats....all I can say is.....stunning

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
(Sharpy and I will be at the bar.:thumbsup: )

Mines a pint of the wife beater juice please kind sir:beer::zonked:

I'll get a pic of my medals up tomorrow.

But yeah, even with a vsat up i find i still have to be extra cautious when going into gun fights. Sometimes i'll be pre-firing the **** out of someone and they'll still get the jump on me:suicide:

Cloysterpeteuk

Distinguished Member
Neil you gotta get working on the Kill Chain one!, get yourself on ground war and try and spawn trap them somewhere.

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
I only need the chain and ultra killer challenges too. I've tried GW but i think demolition might be good because the spawns are fixed and can't be flipped. With a vsat and emp up, that could be complete carnage.

But i hate the whole spawn trapping bs too but unfortunately thats what happens in obj game modes.

Anyway, heres mine....

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 08.58.05.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-19 at 08.58.05.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 364

Sharpy76

Distinguished Member
Had 2 Brutal medals over the weekend – one on Drone where I hit 26 before a Betty laid by a sniper took me out, and another one Raid where I was using a target finder with the Scar :blush: The target finder really is easy mode.

:eek::eek:

You've changed man:laugh:

StevePSIV

Distinguished Member
I only need the chain and ultra killer challenges too. I've tried GW but i think demolition might be good because the spawns are fixed and can't be flipped. With a vsat and emp up, that could be complete carnage.

But i hate the whole spawn trapping bs too but unfortunately thats what happens in obj game modes.

Anyway, heres mine....

Sharpy still tearing things up on COD! Keep the vids going mate, been watching a few of them recently. Makes me want to pick this up on the 360.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom