The Nintendo Switch Lite appreciation thread

Atomic77

Established Member
Reaction score
In my humble opinion I think the Nintendo Switch Lite is the coolest handheld ever made. It really blows the previous generation the 3DS ect out of the water. I think it will have a long life and outlast the gameboy DS GBA and any handheld that has come before it. It also has awesome looking colors to choose from. I think I Have said enough now so now lets hear your appreciation for this awesome device.

Last edited:
In my humble opinion I think the Nintendo Switch Lite is the coolest handheld ever made. It really blows the previous generation the 3DS ect out of the water. I think it will have a long life and outlast the gameboy DS GBA and any handheld that has come before it. It also has awesome looking colors to choose from. I think I Have said enough now so now lets hear your appreciation for this awesome device.
I'll bite when it's under £150 - full fat for me until then.

For me, the lower price is really all it's got going for it and as I already have a full-fat one the Lite doesn't interest at all.

I'd say 90 per cent of my play is handheld. But for games like BotW and Super Mario Galaxy I'm grateful for having the option to play docked. Best of both worlds. That aside, I wouldn't want a smaller screen for handheld gaming.

Unless Nintendo sticks with the Switch branding long term, the Lite and full-fat model will have some way to go in time terms in order to overtake the DS/3DS, which was in production for 16 years, let alone the Game Boy consoles at more than two decades.

I don't know if this really matters but the Switch has all ready sold more than the Nintendos 1985 NES console..

We have both lite and full, would always pick the full, no comparison although I know price is a big reasoning..
However if I had to pick between a switch lite and a 3ds xl, that's a tough one for me, the 3ds with its back catalogue, its emulation and even the 3d, its still my go to handheld for keeping in the car glove box 😁

I don't have one yet though I expect I'll pick one up eventually. I like the turquoise but if the right limited edition comes out I may have to snap it up.

As for blowing previous generation handhelds out of the water, well you would hope so really, given the technological improvements, higher cost and the concentrated efforts of Nintendo and their third party development partners on one system instead of separate home and handheld systems in previous generations. So as great as it is it hasn't gone beyond my expectations in that regard.

I might even argue that as things stand, a used 3DS and it's used library of games offers better overall bang-for-your-buck value. But again obviously that's not a fair comparison either.

Technically I should probably watch what I say as I never had a 3DS and so otherwise my pre Switch Lite experience goes back to just the DSi XL and before that the DS and also all the gameboy systems.

Technically I should probably watch what I say as I never had a 3DS and so otherwise my pre Switch Lite experience goes back to just the DSi XL and before that the DS and also all the gameboy systems.

You're not wrong to praise the Switch Lite. But whilst the Switch Lite is technically superior and with it's library probably the best dedicated gaming handheld yet, I think you wouldn't find the leap from previous handhelds to Switch Lite quite as dramatic had you owned the PSP, Vita and 3DS, which began to significantly close the gap between handheld and home console experiences.

I had a full fat Switch upon release, there wasn’t a big release of games that I was interested in at the time so sold it a few months later.

I’ve got my PS5 that will be my main console on the tv but I’ll be getting a Switch Lite for Christmas as I only utilised the handheld when I had the full fat one before. I won’t be selling it this time around, I miss not having a handheld.

Until the recent change to the switch lite in 2019 I was mainly a computer gamer but to me the hand held is a great experience.

We have 2 fat (each of my daughters) and 2 lite (me and the wife). I think the lite is fantastic. It is lite, battery is good, colours are funky, it feels sturdy, it does fit in my pocket.

that said I have purchased the Mario special Ed fat. Not sure if to open though as pro is coming and I have ps5 (though I will admit I favour my Nintendo). Yes Zelda and Luigi etc are nice on my big tv but the convenience of hand held is great. The fat does this but it seems less sturdy and I always think I will break the joy cons in hand held- I wish there was a lite that could be docked. But may be se the dock separate?

ultimately I need to get rid of one.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom