• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

The ninja turtles are back

Holowlegs

Prominent Member
Hi there

good trailer. think my little one going to like this.

Cheers Holo:smashin: :smashin:

inzaman

Looks pretty smart, definitely the way to bring them back, i.e cgi. Whats the betting another console game will follow soon ;)

chaddy

Banned
hopefully Corey Feldman for donatellos, he did the original and i bet he needs the cash.

John 1987

Prominent Member
That trailer looks brilliant, the bit where Michelangelo (Think that's the right one) falls off the roof, made me laugh.

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
John 1987 said:
That trailer looks brilliant, the bit where Michelangelo (Think that's the right one) falls off the roof, made me laugh.

Yep that is right & made me chuckle too a deffinite hark back to the original toon.

While we are on the subject does anybody watch the more recent toon thats on Jetix??
Very Very cool :D

I'm really looking forward to this, I'm even more impreesed that they got Eastman & Laird in to write the movie rather than someone who has no clue about the turtles, fingers crossed this is gonna be a good one.

Is it me or does anyone think 2007 might just be THE best year for movies EVER???

Sin City 2
Grind House
Spidey 3
Turtles
Transformers

Cant wait :D

Teaser poster is up as well...

http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0453556/iid_920945.jpg?path=gallery&path_key=0453556&seq=2

Looks like Quinton Flynn is the only cast memeber listed so far as Casey Jones

Neil

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
grimoor said:
The question is will the UK release get the nunchakus cut out, like the old UK cartoons?

No as far as I'm aware the rules have been relaxed & nunchuks are now ok to show, hence the new cartoon on Jetix has them left in.

Neil

robyoung

Established Member
Wow! looks good, CGI looks great and certainly stretches the possibilities!

I'm young enough (25) to have actually been part of the first Turtles craze, remember collecting the toys and all sorts! :D

Looks good, hopefully it will be a little dark and not soleley aimed at kids!

Rob

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
robyoung said:
Looks good, hopefully it will be a little dark and not soleley aimed at kids!

That's my main concern too, it does look great but I just hope it's not too 'kiddy'!

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Tejstar said:
That's my main concern too, it does look great but I just hope it's not too 'kiddy'!

Would'nt it be great when making the regular version, additional darker scenes are created. And the scenes can go on the dvd as directors extended cut with a higher rating, that would be cool.

Attachments

• mic.jpg
    mic.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 70
  • raphael.jpg
    raphael.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 68
  • leo.jpg
    leo.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 54
  • don.jpg
    don.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 60

drunkenmaster

Established Member
I cant believe that out of the four posters Michaelangelos poster lets it down - something to do with nunchakus again?? I thought this was over years ago??

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
drunkenmaster said:
I cant believe that out of the four posters Michaelangelos poster lets it down - something to do with nunchakus again?? I thought this was over years ago??

Yep far to child like to fit in with the rest of the posters TBH

Raphaels looks the best...he always was the coolest turtle :D

Neil

robyoung

Established Member
It does seem quite out of place from the other darker posters (and thumbs up to the other 3 they look great!) it seems quite clear from the trailer and posters that Michelangelo is going to be the main source of comic relief, let just hope they don’t over play it!

And for some reason I always liked Donatello the best! :D

Rob

drunkenmaster

Established Member
For me its gotta be Raphael...moody, emotional and violent :devil:

inzaman

robyoung said:
let just hope they don’t over play it!
Here's hoping, it will be nice if they are aiming at the slightly older generation; i.e. those that were kids the first time around :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom