The NFL 2007 Thread

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well seeing as it's week 1 of the new 2007 season (at LAST!!!!)I think it's only fair we have our very own thread to discuss the ups & downs of the season.

I think we have quit a good season ahead especially with the the introduction of the games being played abroad (28th October @ Wembley incase no one knows ;))

I'll try my hardest to update this first post each week with the up coming matches & the weekend's results & if I find any major titbits like big injuries etc will get added here as well.

So without further ado onto this weeks match ups...

Week 2
Buffalo @ Pittsburgh
Houston @ Carolina
Atlanta @ Jacksonville
New Orleans @ Tampa Bay (Sky Sports 2 Interactive Service 6PM game)
Green Bay @ NY Giants
San Francisco @ St. Louis
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Indianapolis @ Tennessee (Sky Sports 2 6PM game)
Minnesota @ Detroit
Dallas @ Miami (Sky Sports 2 Interactive Service 9.15PM game)
Seattle @ Arizona
NY Jets @ Baltimore
Oakland @ Denver
Kansas City @ Chicago (Sky Sports 2 9.15PM game)
San Diego @ New England (Sky Sports 2 1AM game)
Washington @ Philadelphia (Sky Sports 1 Monday 17/9 12 Midnight game)

Week 1 Results

New Orleans @ Indianapolis 10-41
Miami @ Washington 13-16
Carolina @ St Louis 27-13
New Egland @ New York Jets 38-14
Pittsburgh @ Cleveland 34-7
Philidelphia @ Green Bay 13-16
Kansas City @ Houston 3-20
Atlanta @ Minnesota 3-24
Tennesse @ Jacksonville 13-10
Denver @ Buffalo 15-14
Tampa Bay @ Seattle 6-20
Chicago @ San Diego 3-14
Detroit @ Oakland 36-21
New York Giants @ Dallas 35-45
Baltimore @ Cincinnati 20-27
Arizona @ San Francisco 17-20

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there we have it the first weeks match ups, feel free to discuss your teams & their chances.

So who else will be bleary eyed & VERY tired come work on Monday morning :rotfl::rotfl:

Neil

And for those of us w/o Sky, Monday night game is on Ch5 around midnight Monday;)

Bengals v Ravens, should be a good one:smashin:

Always record it and watch i Tuesday night as I can't stomach 4 hours sleep then working Tuesday!

Bugger, i`d forgotten about this :suicide: What time is is on SS?

Sunday nights Programme goes from 6pm on till it's finished :D

Monday will be from Midnight

Neil

For those of us with sky I am looking forward to the Bears @ Chargers tomorrow night. A real cracker to start the season off.

What game you watching guys?

I watched the Redskins game & flicked between the Pat's game.

Hobbs 108 yd Kick Off return for the Pats was amazing :D:D

Your Seahawks not doing so well at the moment though :(

The Skins game was brilliant...showed up a lot of places we need to work on though, especially Cambells insistance on throwing the ball so high, could have caught a lot more if he'd just kept it a tad lower.

Wasnt best pleased either with his first pass attempt of the season being intercepted :(

Still starting the season with a win in OT is fine by me :)
My brother wasnt best pleased though being a Dolphins fan.

Some very close games tonight & some that were beyond whitwashes but then I never really expect too much from Cleveland ;)

Neil

Hehe have that Bucks!!!

Well you cheerfully turned over the bucks didnt you :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Game of the night though had to be the Pats that was some serious football there.

Couldnt believe the outcome of the Bears game...seriously didnt expect that after last seasons performance

I'm recording tonights games for a viewing tomorrow, very interetsed in the Cincinatti game due to an Ex girlfriend who lives there (Why I let that one get away is beyond me :()

Anyway I'm glad it's back, the off season seems so bloody long :(

Neil

So that's the last of the first weeks games scores updated.

Couple of upsets there & some results that came as complete suprises.

Not a bad way to start the season.

Glad my 'Skins got off to a good start & the Phili losing to Green Bay helped us out as well.
Shame Dallas had to win though...I'd have preferd to see the Giants do them but hey I cant have everything.

Jon Jansen dislocating his ankle early on in the game wont have helped matters really, just hope he's back from the injury soon & the rumours that he could be sidelined for the season are unfounded.

Just hope we can take the same form on the road to the Eagles next monday.

Neil

Now I don't understand NFL rules at all and my understanding of the sport comes completely from Waterboy and Jerry Maguire. I am not afraid to admit that

I am very excited to read that BBC sport will televise the Super Bowl for the next 2 years though :)

Why would you say that?! :D I read he's retiring, poss before Euro 2008? Here's hoping anyway :devil:

Hey everyone, just like to say all thoughts going out to Kevin Everett after that terrible accident the other night, thank god he's shown massive signs of improvement today, and is even able to move all limbs.

Interestingly, early reports show this could be in large part due to the swift way medics put him into some sort of hypothermic state using an IV drip of cold saline, preventing massive internal swelling. Amazing.

On a much nicer note - Who's got tickets for October 28th - I have 2 - On the centre line WOOHOOO!!!

"cowboys" Rule Ok

Yeah dream on :D:D

Hey everyone, just like to say all thoughts going out to Kevin Everett after that terrible accident the other night, thank god he's shown massive signs of improvement today, and is even able to move all limbs.

Interestingly, early reports show this could be in large part due to the swift way medics put him into some sort of hypothermic state using an IV drip of cold saline, preventing massive internal swelling. Amazing.

On a much nicer note - Who's got tickets for October 28th - I have 2 - On the centre line WOOHOOO!!!

Yeah my thoughts are with him too.
That was some serious hit on Sunday, never seen anything like it :(:(

I will be there on the 28th, got corner seats in Block 129 I think row 5 :D:D

Cant wait, then just over 1 month later I'll be flying out to Washington to watch 2 Redskins games at Fedex Field (Bills on 2/12 & Bears on 6/12) as a 30th Birthday treat to myself :D:D

Neil

Updated the first post with this week's matches.

Neil

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom