The next generation?

Jonstone

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Do we have any details/rumours on the next generation of cards due from ati sometime in the next couple of months?

In the last few weeks the price of cards like the 4870 have plummeted to the extent that you can get a 512mb version for £100 which has strongly tempted me to upgrade from my current card.

The problem is that the only reason I can see for the sudden drop in price of the 4870 is that the trade have seen the new cards and have decided that they must offload the current ones quickly because they are a big improvement.

The new 4770 already hints at the improvements in power requirements/heat generated etc that the new cards will bring, but are there any more concrete facts available yet as to the performance we may be able to expect from them?

I know you can always say this about graphics cards as the next new thing is always just around the corner, but I don't remember such large drops in the prices of any current generation of card 2 months prior to the release of a new one which makes me think this next generation of card may be a bigger leap forward than normal

I think it's just competition, new generations are generally released a year and a half apart, and it hasn't yet been a year since the release of the 4870.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom