1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Wharfdale M5 DVD player

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by swartzy, Apr 27, 2001.

1. swartzy

swartzy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +646
    For anyone interested just noticed a recent remote hack on the www.dvdreviewer.co.uk site for this player.

:) swartzy :)

2. JaHaD

JaHaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The M5 Looks good but it would be nice to read a review of this player befor I spent my hard earned on it....Ahh what the hell.. I'm gonna buy one any way, its got to be better than my ageing 750 :)
    (Maybe I'll write a little reveiw on it ) ;)

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw the M5 in my Tesco on Saturday and when I went back in yesterday, quite a few had been sold. So come on guys and girls, is it any good? Seems well made and weighty with a decent number of features...

4. JaHaD

JaHaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heres a little tip: buy this player @ Tesco's Online store its 10 quid cheaper :cool:

[ 16-05-2001: Message edited by: JaHaD ]

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I would not rush out and buy an M5 just yet. The machine is brilliant but for one thing. The drive that Sampo have fitted to this machine is not up to the job.

Either the machines that Wharfedale tested had good quality drives in them or the machine was tested by some kind of primate other than a human.

We are now on our second machine, this is worse than the first.

Wharfedale's reputation lies in a bloody crumpled heap as far as I am concerned.