The new Sony X4000 series

Discussion in 'Sony TVs Forum' started by kourosh, Jun 6, 2008.

1. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    here's what you have been waiting for guys.....enjoy :thumbsup: seems to be few versions;)

looks good:clap:

Attached Files:

• x2.jpg
      x2.jpg
      Size:
      13.4 KB
      Views:
    • x3.jpg
      x3.jpg
      Size:
      15.5 KB
      Views:
    • x4.jpg
      x4.jpg
      Size:
      27.5 KB
      Views:
  2. samhablo

samhablo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    When is it going to be released??

3. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    late Aug early Sept:thumbsup:

4. richard plumb

richard plumb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,052
    what do you get in that?

this always happens when you buy a new TV - my W4000 will be here tomorrow. I'll read some settings threads then never come in here again for a couple of years. Every time I do I end up buying a new TV :p

5. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    Hi!Cracking tv's!I am dissapointed though as the LED will be on 46"+!Untill european details unveil we can have discussion for them at this thread!

6. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    SONY REDEFINES LCD PICTURE QUALITY WITH NEW XBR HDTV LINE
    New Technologies Deliver Exceptional Color Reproduction and Black Levels
    NEW YORK, June 5, 2008 - Sony today introduced seven new BRAVIA® XBR flat-panel LCD high-definition televisions including models with TRILUMINOS® LED backlight and local dimming for outstanding black-level reproduction and unmatched contrast.
    The new models expand the BRAVIA LCD line up to 30 models ranging in screen size from 19- to 70- inches measured diagonally.
    The XBR models represent Sony's premium line, delivering the latest features and the pinnacle of picture quality.
    "Critics consistently praise BRAVIA as the best HDTVs on the market, and the XBR badge indicates the best of the best," said Jeff Goldstein, vice president of marketing for Sony Electronics' television marketing group. "Consumers can now experience the quality of BRAVIA from small-sized models all the way up through our premium big screen XBR series."
    XBR8-Series
    Leading the line is the full HD 1080p 55-inch KDL-55XBR8 and 46-inch KDL-46XBR8 models (all measured diagonally). The models incorporate Sony's TRILUMINOS three-color LED backlight technology with local dimming coupled with 10-bit processing and 10-bit panel to deliver exceptionally deep black level and accurate colors.
    Sony's TRILUMINOS LED backlight technology dramatically expands the TV's color range by aligning individual clusters of red, green and blue LEDs, significantly elevating color purity compared to traditional single white LED backlights.
    Additionally, the sets offer the new Advanced Contrast Enhancer PRO (ACE PRO) technology. ACE PRO, which features Sony's own algorithm for local dimming, improves contrast and dynamic range by controlling the LED backlight level by area so that detail is maintained in the dark areas, while other areas are driven near peak brightness. The technology reduces unnecessary light emission resulting in true, deep blacks and reduced power consumption compared to conventional LED backlit models.
    The models also feature BRAVIA Engine™ 2 PRO, which is Sony's latest high quality picture processing technology and the company's Motionflow 120Hz high frame rate technology.
    Sony's Motionflow technology allows you to enjoy movies and prime-time TV (film-based content) with exceptional clarity and resolution in motion. The Motionflow algorithm identifies film content and removes "judder" resulting in a clearer picture with smoother motion during sweeping pans without a visible jerking or stuttering. Additionally, Motionflow 120Hz technology creates 60 unique frames between each of the existing 60 frames, doubling the frames displayed per second, further improving images for fast action sports and other programming.
    Rounding out the picture enhancement suite in the XBR8 is x.v.Color compatibility. This technology expands the potential color data range of video by about 1.8 times, resulting in the display of more natural and vivid colors similar to what the human eye can actually see. This complements Sony's HD camcorder models and Blu-ray Disc players, which capture and display color range beyond what broadcasters currently deliver.
    The models also feature Sony's Digital Media Extender (DMeX), providing the ability to seamlessly add new features. DMeX allows users to connect optional expansion modules such as the BRAVIA DVD Link, the BRAVIA Wireless link, the BRAVIA Input Link, which will ship later this year, and the currently available BRAVIA Internet Video Link.
    The BRAVIA Internet Video Link module attaches to the back of a selection of the Sony's 2007 and 2008 BRAVIA LCD flat-panel television models. The service seamlessly streams on-demand entertainment including movies, TV programs, your favorite YouTube videos and a variety of other content not found on network or cable/satellite TV. The service connects to the Internet via your existing broadband Ethernet connection and streams content at no additional charge. Content is easily navigated with Sony's Technical Emmy® award-winning Xross Media Bar (XMB)™ user interface.
    Rounding out the feature set is Digital Media Port (DMP) compatibility, which provides access to video and music from portable media devices like compatible Walkman® and iPod® players and other DMP accessories, which are sold separately. The models also can display digital photos using creative multi-plane 3D graphics slideshows from USB devices, as well as access photos from your PC in another room using Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) compliant devices via your home network.
    Sony's new 3D Favorites Menu complement the XMB graphical user interface, which has been also been enhanced with Sony-unique integration of TV Guide providing easy access and navigation of content and menus through colorful thumbnails and logically placed icons.
    Inputs found on the XBR8 models include four 1080/60 24p HDMI connections (HDCP), two 1080/60p HD component inputs, a 1080/60p-capable PC input, Ethernet (RJ-45) port and a RS-232C connection.

XBR7-Series
    The full HD 1080p XBR7-series includes the 70-inch KDL-70XBR7 and 40-inch KDL-40XBR7 models. With WCG-CCFL backlight, 10-bit processing and 10-bit panel, and ACE (Advanced Contrast Enhancer circuitry), the models deliver outstanding picture quality and elegant style only BRAVIA can deliver.
    The KDL-70XBR7 features BRAVIA ENGINE 2 Pro digital video processing, while the KDL-40XBR7 offers BRAVIA ENGINE 2 EX. The models both feature Sony's Motionflow 120Hz high frame rate technology and x.v.Color. Rounding out the feature set on these models is the new 3D Favorite Multi-plane graphics, XMB graphic interface with TV Guide, BRAVIA Sync, DMeX and DMP compatibility.
    The XBR7 models also can display digital photos and play digital music from USB devices and photos from Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) compliant devices via your home network.
    Inputs include four 1080/60 24p HDMI connections (HDCP), two 1080/60p component inputs, a 1080/60p PC input, Ethernet (RJ-45) port and a RS-232C connection.

XBR6-Series
    Complementing the full HD 1080p 32-inch class (31.5 inch diagonal) KDL-32XBR6 and 37-inch KDL-37XBR6 models previously announced, the full HD 1080p 52-inch KDL-52XBR6, 46-inch KDL-46XBR6 and the 40-inch KDL-40XBR6 models were also introduced today (all screen sizes measured diagonally). The models offer a space-saving bottom speaker, floating-glass industrial design and all of the features found in the KDL-40XBR7 except the RS-232C connection and BRAVIA ENGINE 2 EX.
    All of the new XBR series models also offer the option of additional speaker grille color accents including silver, red, brown and gold. The optional color grilles can be purchased separately. XBR8 and XBR7 models ship with a black grille cover and the XBR6 ships with a silver grille cover. Additional grille covers are sold separately.
    All of the new BRAVIA models ship this fall and further details are available at www.sony.com/2008xbr. They will be offered at sonystyle.com and at Sony Style retail stores nationwide, as well as at authorized Sony dealers across the country.

7. albani

albani

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi
    As it seems that Sony works very hard!
    The new series comes early such as V/X and others:)

As usually those series unveiled US market at first!and hope that
    will soon after in Europe+
    Bye

8. DaveC

DaveC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    The "floating glass" at least now looks a bit more glass like. Removal of the outside silver trim improves the look enormously over the outgoing x3000/x3500. I actually quite like it ;)

The only thing is if this is how the UK TVs actually look, the 46 will still be too big for the space in my lounge :( So no sony for me :( I just hope they make a slimer framed version for those of us that want the 46inch local dimming LED goodness but don't have the space for sony's excessive packaging.

9. PUD the Ancient

PUD the Ancient

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    I can't wait to get one of the these 46" with LED backlight come Sept/Oct, I am sure it will be something very special:). Although why oh why do I have to have a bloody glossy black bezel:(

10. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    at least you wont have a glossy screen just the bezel!Be prepared to pay though for the X4500....

11. thehitman

thehitman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    46" LED looks like a nice set, the space saving design looks a bit wrong but what are we likely to get over here out of these three variants?

I would have been overjoyed if there was a 40" LED, I don't think I'm going to be able to justify to the other half that we should get the 46", I may be overstepping the mark with her there...:rolleyes:

12. PUD the Ancient

PUD the Ancient

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +156
    Indeed I certainly would not want a glossy screen. I can't understand the appeal of glossy bezels, they just scratch to easily, it is absloutely impossible however soft the cloth to not leave fine scratches when you clean it. It looks fine from a few feet away but close up they look awful:(. I expect the X4500 to be between £3500-£4500 which is fine as long as it is everything it says on the tin :)

13. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    no unfortunately no 40" LED,lets leave something for next year...
    We will get all 3 variants,XBR8=X4500,40XBR7=40X4500,XBR6=W4500,the only we wont get is 70XBR7 but who would buy it...

14. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    ahh yeah of course it will cost below 4k!

15. urvile

urvile

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    After all the time and research decided on the Tosh 46 ZF and then Sony go and spoil it all with the led equipped X4500. It looks like I will be waiting until the autumn for these sets. Does anyone know if a slim bezle will be available?
    just when you think the search is over!!!!!

16. thehitman

thehitman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14

lol... you mean buy another set next year, I'm going to leave my credit card with John Lewis or maybe set up a tab :rotfl:

17. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    no no way I dont think I will wait an other year I am very close to 40W4000 for this year and we will see later what comes....

18. Suave

Suave

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +790
    Hi!

Expect to pay £3500 - £4000!!! - Count me out then!

Suave!

19. sampo

sampo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    I would say <£2000 online price for 46" LED, don't know about 55".

Link to XBR8 vs KURO comparison.

20. signs

signs
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,315
    Kourosh

How dare you start a thread and not call it the "Official" Blar Blar Blar, And beat Chrisgeo to it.

:D

21. marty2005

marty2005

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +155
    :laugh:

Some people don't have time to watch tv because they've always on here. (Mention no names)

22. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    lol:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

23. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    lol I can do both:D

24. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Dammit, where's the Z-Series? I'd rather have that than the XBR designs. I think it's the piano black that I really don't like. Might be nicer in the flesh of course, I seem to remember everyone questioning the original X-Series design and then loving it when they actually saw it.

I will be watching carefully...

Attached Files:

25. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    who knows?lets just wish that the W4500 will have the design of the z series!

26. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Sony need to stop putting speakers on their TVs, it really ruins the look of them.

27. kourosh

kourosh

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,082
    this is the none official one:D

i will leave the official one to Chris:rolleyes:

28. ChrisGgr

ChrisGgr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,499
    yeah the speakers make them wider so many wont fit it..on the other hand not everyone has sound system and it would be redicoulous to make the speakers optional with pay,also they produce very good sound

29. andrewfee

andrewfee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +500
    Aren't the X series supposed to be their high end ones though? Who in their right minds would have a high end display and no external sound system?

Pioneer have been selling their high-end displays without speakers for quite some time now and it doesn't seem to be a problem there.

It's not the width that bothers me though, it just looks terrible.

30. David Mackenzie

David Mackenzie
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,312
    Pioneer are targeting high end custom installs and smaller dealers though, right? They'd be selling to people who are maybe more likely to have a separate sound setup, or can be advised on what to buy. Whereas with the X-Series, Sony are probably aiming more for the type of people who'll buy a TV in a high street store, but will want to feel like they're buying the best one.

I agree though, that wide one with the speakers at the sides doesn't look too great in my opinion. I'm fine with the ones with speakers at the bottom, though. And, I do like to have speakers in a TV because I don't power up my amp just to channel surf (power saving).