1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The New Sony dvd recorders

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Wharfman3, Sep 9, 2004.

1. Wharfman3

Wharfman3

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A complete newbie(ish) question.....I'm looking to jump onto the DVD recorder band wagon and had convinced myself that I wanted RAM so that I could chase playback, simultaneous recordring etc.

For this reason I was under the impression that Panasonic or Toshiba was my route. But now I see that the new Sony Recorders have this feature. Have I missed something?

Gratefull for some guideance

2. Rasczak

Rasczak
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,261
    Timeslip and Chasing Playback are available on all DVD-RAM and some DVD-RW machines (new Sony, Pioneer and Sharp). The only (very minor) difference is that all DVD-RAM disks available support this process whereas for timeslip to work on DVD-RW you need to ensure you use VR mode and 2x disks or greater. Other than that no difference.

Accordingly you should choose your recorder based on other features (connectivity, recording quality, features etc etc).