1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new Shrek Triple Pack

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by RichMercer, Sep 13, 2002.

1. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know if there is any difference between the original version and this one? Other that the soundtrack CD of course. I never got round to buying it the first time round so if it's got better/more features I'll get it.

Cheers

Rich

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    HI,

The simple answer is - NO!

Apartt from the music CD and the actual packaging, I couldn't find any other differences between the two.

Unless the contents change between now and the day of the release, I'd keep that wallet safely tucked away!

Pooch

3. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. As I though really. I'll spend the cash on something better then. Perhaps the new Pulp Fiction disc.

Rich

4. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    http://www.dvdcompare.org.uk/comparisons/film_results_page.php?fid=1118

5. stewarth

stewarth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its the 2 disc version as origanlally released on R1 isn't it. On play it says 11 hours of extras which is the same as the US 2 disc set.

6. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Stewarth,

You said: "Its the 2 disc version as origanlally released on R1 isn't it. On play it says 11 hours of extras which is the same as the US 2 disc set."

No, it isn't. The 11 hours of extras, is a complete misnomer! The way the 11 hours of extras are worked out, is as follows:

Audio Commentary 1 - 90m
    Audio Commentary 2 - 90m
    Music or SFX Only Commentary - 90m
    CD Soundtrack - 50m
    etc, etc, etc!

As you can see, the 11 hours of extras isn't actually 11 hours at all. What they are doing is heavily elaborating on what "extras" their are. If each commentary is included, well that makes-up just under half of the total duration of extras.

In essence, don't believe the numbers!

Pooch

7. Phil Hinton

Phil Hinton
    Editor Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,979

I didn't buy Shrek when it first came out, but I have just bought the R1 2 discer recently from Future at £12.99. I thought this was better value, and has a brilliant dts track.

Cheers

8. RichMercer

RichMercer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks. Good price that. I might just do that instead. Great film and well worth any expense IMO.:D

Rich

9. stewarth

stewarth

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, I know how they exagerate the amount of extras. I was just explaining that the original 2-disc R1 DVD was always described as having 11 hours of extras, and this is how the 3-disc R2 set is being described.

Therefore this just confirmed that the 3 disc R2 set is in fact the R1 2-disc set +CD, rather than the 1-disc R2 DVD +CD.