The new place

SCO77Y2010

Established Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByAVForums1396440627.979048.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1396440641.395281.jpg

Very nice mate, love that unit you are using. Any information about it?

awesome that, any pcitures of inside the cabinets?

So nice, so clean :)

Can I suggest doing something with the rear speakers to raise them? The sound from them must be very localised at that height, so close to the ears. Since your only way is up and not further back, it'd likely be much improved if you wall-mounded them quite high up and angled downwards slightly.

Agreed, like that unit, looks pricey!

Where was it purchase?

Hi there

The units are from ikea.
They are the besta range

Thanks

Very nice and a great job on the colour co-ordination, you've got a good eye for it...or a helpful significant other?! :D

hi there all

just thought i would post some more upto date pics of my setup.

i am currently running

pioneer kuro plasma 9 series
pioneer sc-lx71 amp
pioneer bdp-lx71 bluray player
xbox one
original xbox console
sky hd box
now tv box
acer aspire i3 pc
ASUS RT-N66U N900 ROUTER
the speakers are
dali zensor 5 at front
dali zensor 1 at rear
dali zensor vokal centre
DALI E-12F Subwoofer

also got the belkin wemo switch's for my lighting
the cabinets are from ikea ( besta range )

thank you for looking

Very nice and tidy, but I have a question for you about the floating shelves.... as you seems to be a dab-hand at them.... how the f do you get them to work?!?!? I have put up 3 or 4 in plasterboard, and 2 into brick and they are always drooping or wobbly! I know the bracket is flush and solid, but always after a matter of minutes they start to drop. I considered filling the hollow shelf with something!

It won't be due to the shelf being hollow it will be because the bracket is not fixed firm enough to the wall. I've put up a load of the ikea ones and had the same problem with the first couple. I now use bigger and more screws practically using every available hole in the bracket.

Nice change donaghy

It won't be due to the shelf being hollow it will be because the bracket is not fixed firm enough to the wall. I've put up a load of the ikea ones and had the same problem with the first couple. I now use bigger and more screws practically using every available hole in the bracket.

Nice change donaghy

Thanks for your comments. :)

ImageUploadedByAVForums1408087162.040055.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1408087200.923124.jpg
ImageUploadedByAVForums1408087216.606176.jpg

Just thought i would share. Changed the doors on my units. Smoked glass

Hey buddy, I've got a similar setup there with the Besta units, I'd like to do something similar with smoked glass over my receiver and Xbox. How have you found ventilation? I'm scared to put a door over them....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom