The New Mutants Movie Review & Comments

To quote Marvin from the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
"Sounds Awful"

Sounds like a pile of POOP...💩

Easy pass..

Watched it yesterday Tom, your basically right with your review.

I didn’t have high hopes for it due to the 2year plus delay.
I had to watch it to get closure and the X-Men Universe. Logan was the best and this for me is the worst.
What a disappointing end to the 20th Century Fox X-Men universe.😢

Maybe they should have renamed it
"The New Mucus"

I had to watch it to get closure and the X-Men Universe. Logan was the best and this for me is the worst.

LOGAN is the greatest standalone mutant film ever. Heck, you don't even have to know what an X-MAN is to enjoy it or cry. Its a 10.

Last edited:
Wow, really glad you liked it! Well worth the wait then.

LOGAN is the greatest standalone mutant film ever. Heck, you don't even have to know what an X-MAN is to enjoy it or cry. Its a 10.

Totally agree, Logan was on channel 4 again last night so I watched it again (for the 4th or 5th time) and thoroughly enjoyed it. Jackman and Picard's finest hour together.
I'd go as far as to say it's better than most, if not all, of the MCU movies.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end, the superhero genre has been done to death.

As soon as I saw who had reviewed this I knew it was going to be crap. Poor Tom gets all the shite movies to review. One day lad, they’ll give you something good to watch. :laugh:

Thanks for 'taking one for the team' Tom! I certainly won't be venturing out to the cinema based on your review. I'll catch it when it's a freebie streaming out of morbid curiosity...

Was ready to bung an order in for the steelbook when it came live and whilst waiting read a review and it saved me some money, glad you concur with that other review Tom and set my mind further at rest.

Hopefully this is the beginning of the end, the superhero genre has been done to death.
It is true. Too many super heroes. Avengers Endgame I enjoyed and top of the lot was Logan for sure. The X Men series had it's ups and downs but because of the strong cast kept it entertaining for me overall. Now though the mantle is being handed over to new actors and I do not see the appeal any more. Black Widow maybe okay but that is about it for me I think.

Saw this last night. I yawned 8 times and discovered yawning in a mask makes the mask pop off your nose. That was the highlight of my cinema experience for this. Oh and they fixed the door lock in the loos. Film.. yeah :rotfl:

I'm not sure he has - Tom looked a little peeky to me on the Podcast, like he'd recently had a traumatic experience! :D
I looked a little peaky because some jerk said I looked like a sex offender. It was an outrage. I'll have you lot know that men want me and women want to be me!

@Tom Davies - have you recovered yet?
Quite recovered. It's actually a shame these characters are going to get shelved now because Iliyana Rasputin is actually a great addition to the X-Men universe.

@Tom Davies

This movie was supposedly a decade in the making. These days how could a studio and writer get it so wrong? I mean gawd, even the trailer looks bad.

Practice?

I looked a little peaky because some jerk said I looked like a sex offender. It was an outrage. I'll have you lot know that men want me and women want to be me!

What a Scoundrel! He was obviously jealous of your unquestionable charms! To the stocks with him, I say!

Remember the last fantastic 4 film

Taking ages to make a dire movie ain't new

Los Nuevos Mutantes goes on general release today.

If you're bored of seeing Tenet on repeataeper then you should check this out just simply as an excuse to go and buy some sweets and a fizzy drink (or beer) from your local cinema.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom