1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The new LG HD Plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by Mark H99, Sep 10, 2005.

1. Mark H99

Mark H99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, not been around the forums for a while due to splitting with my wife, anyways went into Dixons today and they had a nice new LG 42 inch HD plasma, with an HD feed and it looked amazing, i've been saving for a new TV and more recently for a divorce settlement :thumbsdow but hopefully when i get the new xbox i will be able to afford a new tv as well, i've had a brief read of these pages and can't see it listed anywhere but i apologise if it is and i've missed it. It's in Dixons at £2100 with a DVD recorder, so I'm guessing at about £1500 in a normal shop, though i can't get on the unbeatable website to find out. Anyone got any more info for me ??

2. tscotsman

tscotsman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    unbeatable are bankrupt! as for the LG Plasma, dont know m8

3. Mark H99

Mark H99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok thanks, take a couple of months off and it all changes :)

4. azzy129

azzy129

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    BTW Mark H99... was the divorce due to you spending too much time on this forum/internet? I'm getting strange looks from my mrs the more time I spend on this forum.

P.S. good choice on the plasma I too have seen an HD demo both in Currys and Powerhouse and they are amazing. Look on the LG UK website for more info

5. Mark H99

Mark H99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, it's a long story,

6. manuman1968

manuman1968
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. Mark H99

Mark H99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks that is really helpfull, tho I really want a plasma with both a DVI for my PC and an HDMI for Sky / Xbox 360, it did appear to offer execellent picture quality on the demo they were running. though this is obviously dixons. I'm guessing the set is fairly new cause i've not seen one before, I've been waiting for the PV500 to drop in price, or maybe the Hitachi 7200, which I believe fits my above criteria. I'm guessing by Christmas the prices will be around the £1500 on at least a couple of these sets, a point where I will probably jump aboard. depending on external factors obviously. For what it's worth if offered a choice between a HD plama and sorted audio set up or my wife back i'd take the latter, unfortunately it's not on her agenda, so I'm deciding to replace the TV she took with a decent flat panel.

8. manuman1968

manuman1968
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Whatever happens best of luck mate.I wish you the best I had i similar situation 4 years ago but my wife changed her mind so the plasma had to wait.Keep your chin up.