The new KK's compared to M&K and MK Sound speakers

Well, as Ken is a well known speaker and sub designer with 40 years experience, and his designs have been and still are being used in studios worldwide for monitoring purposes, I'm going to trust that he knows what he is doing, and also trust my ears in what I hear. As I say, having come from LS50's, I would have immediately known if there were any imaging issues (films or music). People can also make their own minds up at our open day in my sig, or a personal demo. I haven't heard any issues.

Last edited:
Be sure to let all the other speaker brands you sell know how adding three tweeters would improve their products!

All the ones that have been doing it wrong all these years. If only B&W realised how much better their speakers would be with 4 tweeters.

Tee Hee!

Hi-fi speakers are an entirely different thing, so you can make jokes as much as you like. There are reasons why hi-fi speakers don't compete with dedicated hi-fi speakers, as you well know. And some hi-fi manufacturers do use line arrays for hi-fi use.

I think you'd find that B&W etc. would recommend a single tweeter wherever imaging and detail was critical.

A quad array gives more power handling but inferior imaging.

Once again, people can hear them for themselves and make their own minds up. And once again, I've moved from very precise hi-fi speakers to these without issue. Just because you feel that the James speakers are inferior, that doesn't mean that Ken's designs are.

No their speakers are great, its simply I can hear the pros and cons of their Quad tweeter designs and the single tweeter designs provide better imaging as would be expected.

The ones with 4 tweeters do play louder.

As I say comparing the KK to the MK.... I'm sure it will be better at some things - i.e. dynamics - gunshots etc.

And worse at others - imaging for example. Different drive unit layout have pros and cons. Fact.

Dav1dF said:
It can be arranged. It'll be a little awkward this month as were getting close to our open day, but at other times shouldn't be an issue.

Yeah can see things are busy for you at the moment, but good to know could be arranged at other times. :)

Also what mounting options are there for KK speakers?

Are there any ST tilt and swivel bracket type options ?

Yeah can see things are busy for you at the moment, but good to know could be arranged at other times. :)

Also what mounting options are there for KK speakers?

Are there any ST tilt and swivel bracket type options ?

Due to their design, there's no real reason to tilt them. The front facia of the rear speakers and front height speakers are angled downwards. The whole range fit flush to the wall, with no need for extra brackets. I see many people thinking they need to angle speakers when they don't.

Dav1dF said:
Due to their design, there's no real reason to tilt them. The front facia of the rear speakers and front height speakers are angled downwards. The whole range fit flush to the wall, with no need for extra brackets. I see many people thinking they need to angle speakers when they don't.

It's due to when some people have to mount them is less than prefect situations and have the extra flexibility of tilt in the bracket help deal with these issues.

I do like the flush to the wall fit though gives a nice clean look.

It's due to when some people have to mount them is less than prefect situations and have the extra flexibility of tilt in the bracket help deal with these issues.

I do like the flush to the wall fit though gives a nice clean look.

I'm on my week off this week and not at home, so I can't check what other connections there are, but I can't see people needing brackets for these.

Ken has designed the speakers so that they are very flexible with multiple mounting options on the rear.

Omnimount brackets as well as the original Miller & Kreisel brackets will fit the new KK speakers.

Apone said:
Ken has designed the speakers so that they are very flexible with multiple mounting options on the rear.

Omnimount brackets as well as the original Miller & Kreisel brackets will fit the new KK speakers.

That's great to hear that ST brackets and omnimount brackets both fit KK speakers :)

Good thinking Ken

On well recorded music the difference between the 950's and 750's is night and day. I wouldn't recommend the 750 as the first choice for those critical with music but the 950 is great on the end of good electronics.

I have MK1 150's, Mk11 150's and the 950's here is you would like to come and do a direct comparison in the same room with the same electronics. I think you'll find under these conditions that the difference is very obvious.

For music reproduction yes the 950s are a good deal better, but for movies I don't think there is much in it at all.

Your a bit too far away from me but thanks for the offer. :)

I thought Kens designs are always best aimed directly at the main seating position? :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom