The new Infocus IN78

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Streetrod, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Streetrod

Streetrod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    Hi all, just got off the phone from the Infocus distributors and they have given me details about the 7210 replacement to be called, they think, the IN78. It will have the same chassis as the IN76 but will come with a DC3 chip like the 7210. It will also have new optics that will give a much longer throw distance so allowing the projector to be placed on a back wall. It will still use the Pixel Works processor but will have a 6 speed colour wheel.
    As for pricing he was not sure but felt it would fall about half way between the IN76 and the original price of the 7210 which would make it about £2500. At this moment he could not confirm a release date but felt it would be sometime this year.

2. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    I have been expecting an imminent model above the IN76 for a while. I believe that this projector will have a resolution of 1920x1080, hence the possible inclusion of DC3 as DC2 is not available in 1920x1080.

3. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    it needs to have 1080, otherwise whats the point? oh i suppose it will look a little better physically than the 7210 and have a dedicate HDMI input....otherwise if anything its a step backwards, lesser quality processor and isnt it a 7 speed wheel in the 7210?

if i'm wrong on my facts here do forgive me, my memory isnt always best this time on a saturday night......lol

4. benji_m

benji_m

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Good point, but if it really is a 2.5k machine released any time soon I really doubt 1920x1080 especially from Infocus and especially given the higher price point of the initial Themescene 1080 machine (usually the 'price pioneers') I expect the new styling and lifestlye feel of the new product would be good enough reason to launch a new one.

I hope i'm wrong. It would be a nice suprise.

5. ZippyCat

ZippyCat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
  6. pinecooler

pinecooler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    so much for 1080p. never mind ... somewhare over the rainbow (... effect and all that)