The new IAG kit

Nic Rhodes

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if it uses the old software or is compatible with it?

Can you really see them re-writing the software from the ground up???

Does that mean here are no future developments then, just cheap hardware from IAG?

I didn't say that ;)
The plan seems to be, get the units sold, get some money, then develop a new range? As there was so little wrong with the outgoing TAG range there is method in the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" plan.... (apart from the DVD32R!).

trying to work out whether to upgrade the AV32R to more modern spec, but I see no idea on whether this is a dead end or not, despite all the time that has passed. If they had 'tweaked' the software for the AV30 replacement it might helped the decision a little.

Nic Rhodes said:
trying to work out whether to upgrade the AV32R to more modern spec, but I see no idea on whether this is a dead end or not, despite all the time that has passed. If they had 'tweaked' the software for the AV30 replacement it might helped the decision a little.

Did you mean upgrading the AV32R software,or hardware?....if it's just software,I'd be inclined to leave that,even if the IAG/Audiolab software was compatible,under the assumption of "if it ain't broke"!

Nic Rhodes said:

A DP will serve you well........ An AV192R with all the RGB board will give you the video switching/balanced outputs etc.
Name me something that performs better?

I am still completely unexcited by any HDMI connectivity in an audio device.........

Agree with HDMI, none too impressed so far. I still think they need a T2 link!!

I meant the AV30, If they had modernised the software on the 30 then it would give me confidence the 32 might get done when they release later. I was trying to look at what IAG had done so far and trying to make an educated guess at what the future might bring.

GrahamMG said:
I am still completely unexcited by any HDMI connectivity in an audio device.........

Graham:

Why is that?

Is it similar to the fact that a number of my fellow hoem cinema fanatics continue to insist that a properly impleted YPbPr connection is preferred over a HDMI connection?

Just curious.

Thanks,

Joel

HDMI is a complete pain for a custom install period, and at long cable lengths it isn;t any better quality at all...... I have NEVER seen an HDMI install look better than a well engineered Component install at sensible money..... However this will have to change with HDMI being the main output of anything Hollywood consider worth copying...... "HDCP over quality" springs to mind.....

GrahamMG said:
...at long cable lengths it ..... at sensible money mind.....

Hi Graham

how long is long - and how much is sensible money? Price per meter?

Regards
Daniel

Try a cost of £515 UKP for a 20Mtr DVI cable.......(one that actually works!)
An HDMI cable using the same process is likely to be slightly more..... You can do the same cable run in Component for a whole heap less.......

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom