The new email account - outlook

ok so i have been using gmail for a fair few years now (mainly because of android) and although i have a hotmail account i rarely logged in (all emails are forwarded on).

this week microsoft have released there new email offering and i decided to "upgrade" my old homtail address. so yesterday i started to ruthlessly sign up my name and a few variations on it that i think i may want!!! lmao!!! pretty childish i guess but i like it. in fact i have 3 new sign ups and about 10 aliases and have had to write them down so i dont forget them!??

so the names i got are firstnamesurname firstname.surname firstinitial.surname and have also got what i consider to be great aliases like rock.monkey rockmonkey, rockjunkie, dead.as.a.dodo and mr.spam. i am actually quite pleased with myself in a smug satisfied way because i have never been quick enough previously to get a decent name without a number.

anyone else been doing there share of grabbing or do you simply not care?

by they way i am actually very keen to return to hotmail/ outlook because of the free cloud storage i have linked to my account. my original hotmail account has 25gb and it is way more than anybody elses offering. Having that tied up and easily accessible via ones everyday email account would be very handy. so there is reason behind my selfish childish behaviour and too be honest in the grand scheme of stuff having a few outlook names aint exactly a major crime.

i wont be heading back that way yet though because although outlook looks quite nice it is far from the finished product. in fact it seems like it has been hurried to market... at the moment it is definitely mutton dressed as lamb. it does though have potential hence the name grabbing.

if and when i do return though i will simply choose one of the log in names keep my 4 favourite aliases (mr.spam and rockmonkey will be staying with me for certain) and release the rest back into the wilds of space for anyone to use.

by the way does anyone have a private domain name and can recommend a company that sells them (that isnt too expensive read less than 25 quid a year here!!!).

Last edited:

MarkE19

i wont be heading back that way yet though because although outlook looks quite nice it is far from the finished product. in fact it seems like it has been hurried to market... at the moment it is definitely mutton dressed as lamb. it does though have potential hence the name grabbing.
Oh no confusion there then - Outlook the email program that is part of the MS Office suite and outlook.com the email domain :facepalm:
by the way does anyone have a private domain name and can recommend a company that sells them (that isnt too expensive read less than 25 quid a year here!!!).
Cost of a domain very much depends on if it is a .co.uk or .com etc. I have a .co.uk domain I use for my personal email only and a .com domain for my local pubs website that I wrote & maintain. IIRC the .co.uk costs me about £6 every 2 years and the .com is about £20 per year.
I bought the domains from Fasthosts

Mark.

Last edited:
Oh no confusion there then - Outlook the email program that is part of the MS Office suite and outlook.com the email domain :facepalm:
i agree it is all rather strange but i am thinking that maybe icrosoft are either going to incorporate the two somehow or turn outlook the program into something else. tis all a bit silly though at the moment.

Cost of a domain very much depends on if it is a .co.uk or .com etc. I have a .co.uk domain I use for my personal email only and a .com domain for my local pubs website that I wrote & maintain. IIRC the .co.uk costs me about £6 every 2 years and the .com is about £20 per year.
I bought the domains from Fasthosts

Mark.
cheers mate the co.uk will do me. i will take a ganders and at that price it seems pretty fair.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom