1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

the new dlp2 16x9 chip projectors

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by coolhand101, Dec 18, 2002.

1. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    ok need some advice

1. marantz vp-12S2
    2. sharp xv-z10000
    3. toshiba tdp-mt8

which dream projector out of these would u pick?

i notice that the sharp xv-z9000 would only output a 4x3 ratio via the pc inputs. has this been fix in the xv-z10000?

also which one of these has the shortest throw ratio for the biggest picture(i have a 18ft long room)

also i havent seen a decent review of these on the net yet. any links for a detail review?

thanks

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,114
    I've seen nothing but praise for the Marantz over at avsforum , so it might be worth having a look over there for more impressions.

Gary.

3. cine king

cine king

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not in your list is the Yamaha dpx1000.

This could be the sleeper of the bunch-but the best,spec wise it exceeds or betters the Marantz.Features wise it has auto zoom and focus which the Marantz has not.

At the end of the day though,all the hd2 dlp`s have the same dmd chip-inflated contrast ratios at the expense of brightness(except the Sharp which has a higher power bulb.)

But,wait till you can demo and let your eyes be your guide-This is A BETTER TEST than taking ad verbatim what a bunch of american techies say!

Some hang on every word said in AVS-admittedly some threads MAY aid your buying decision-but your buying decision should not be based solely on AVS comment.
    CK

4. coolhand101

coolhand101

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    theres a few 16x9 hd2 chip projectors out there but these 3 sounded promising.

however i downloaded the zv-x9000 user manual to get an ideal.

And when you said about extra features, the z9000 hasnt got many ratio settings compared to the sony ht11 and 12, i wanted a "thru mode " like the sonys have, do you know of models which has this feature?

Also the x9000 only outputs a 4x3 with computer material, has this since been updated in the z10000 also has the z10000 got more aspect settings.

Also the dvi output with a computer vga dvi card will this progressive scan from pal dvd or will this still require a transcoder for rgb to component(as ntsc and pal dvds are progressive anyway)

thanks for any info on this subject