The new contrast miracle for £579 incl delivery

pal

Novice Member
Well i've had a replacement bulb under the 90 day scheme and guess what.... the same problem..it doesn't fire up.
The withdrawal of symptoms of being without a pj for this long are quite severe. I might have to go to rehab!

bristolmarmite

Standard Member
Any idea how much the lamp replacement for these projectors are now ? I bought one of these off e bay and found out tht what the seller meant by 80% lamp time was that its been used 80% and I only have 30% left. The picture projected seems to be very dim as well . Any ideas where I can get the lamp cheap ? :) Thanks

pal

Novice Member
The problem with my projector was that it needed a replacement colour wheel. However mine was carried out under warranty. The firm that carried out the work are known as Avery IT in Smethwick Birmingham.

I'm not sure about your understanding as to lamp time. I've had Sharp projectors in the past and still have the Z3000. The % figure definitley is the amount of lamp life remaining

bristolmarmite

Standard Member
I was thinking that was what it said as well until I realised the lamp light is turning on. So I guess it does mean that its 80% used. Does the colour wheel effect the brightness by any chance. The seller who sold this did say that the lamps holder or something was broken because he used to take the bulb out to clean it or something which I thought was weird because I thought DLP projectors din need any cleaning. But he did mention that the fact that the handle was broken did not effect the projector. I really hope the projector is not broken.

pal

Novice Member
Sorry..my technical knowledge is nil...perhaps somebody else can reply. All i can recall was that without looking at the unit, it was presumed that the lamp need replacing. When the pj did not work with the new lamp, i sent it in to Avery IT, (Sharp's agents)
When i got the pj back, i was told that they had replaced the colour wheel. I ended up with a new bulb, notwithstanding.

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Does the colour wheel effect the brightness by any chance. The seller who sold this did say that the lamps holder or something was broken because he used to take the bulb out to clean it or something which I thought was weird because I thought DLP projectors din need any cleaning. But he did mention that the fact that the handle was broken did not effect the projector. I really hope the projector is not broken.

Some colour wheels can get a film build up on them, and this can cut down on the light output (whether it's noticeable or not is another matter). It can be cleaned off using a cotton bud. I did an NEC projector that way once just using a damp bud, and then a dry one. To get to the wheel you usually have to take the lamp out.

Gary

bristolmarmite

Standard Member
I was thinking I'm going to start with the bulb first because the bulb light it flashing anyway so I don't have any choice but to buy one if I want to use ths projector. Any one care to share where they have bought theirs ? Thanks

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom